***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

My car was Keyed

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

manny
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

My car was Keyed

Postby manny » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:08 pm

I have not even had my lancer for a month and yesterday on my way home from work I noticed that the car way keyed from the rear quarter panel all the way to the drivers side door. This was during the day, in a fairly busy passage way of what I consider to be a good suburb.

The worst thing is that it is on the drivers side, so every time I go to drive the car, I see it.

Been looking around forums and I've seen a few people recommend using something called Scratchx, so will probably give that ago and see if it helps.
Are there any other products that anyone has tried that they can recommend?

If that doesn't work I will have to see a panel beater to see how much it will cost to get fixed. Haven't made a claim on the insurance as I am hoping it won't cost too much :(

ijustatecurry
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ijustatecurry » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:18 pm

Scratchx is made by meguiars and is basically a cut and polish for superficial scratches. If it has gone through the clear coat as well as the paint and you can see the metal/undercoat then, unfortunately, it mite not do much. Still, give it a shot, a heap of brands make a similar product, not just meguiars, though it is good stuff. Otherwise give someone like touch up guys to have a look so you can get a rough quote
All bleeding stops eventually!

manny
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby manny » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:41 pm

I am hoping it is just the clear coat and not the paint.

Below is a picture of the damage.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:57 pm

That sucks mate. Some jerk did the same to my Bubble on the passenger side a few years ago. It was the same as the cops daughters car and they did both out the front of school because they couldn't work out which one belonged to her. They wrote swear words on hers in the end.

We didn't get it fixed and it still upsets me when I see it. That and where the eldest ran into the gate (and the youngest put it into a telegraph pole in the same spot). I really shouldn't look at the passenger side.

Hopefully people keep away from my Lancer.

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:58 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your car buddy, I know too well what it's like to be a victim of having someone damaging a car, my old SS commodore was keyed years ago, the person that keyed the my car was a victim to as he was carted off in a ambulance as my mates caught him in the act. Hope everything works out for you mate :) take care.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:10 am

That bastard's arms and legs deserve to be broken. Unless you have anything to do with speeding fines, no one should inflict damage to your car. But I still think it's better than you or your family being hurt. Good luck on the repair though.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:41 am

Sorry To Hear your car being damaged Manuel :sad: Not Good .. Good Luck with the repair .
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

cody_au
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby cody_au » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:38 am

Wow, that is - horrific. I hope that never happens to my car.

Sorry for your loss! These people are dogs.

ijustatecurry
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ijustatecurry » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Manuel, just letting you know that i bought/used Nu Finish scratch doctor for the first time the other day and it was a very good product. Better than the turtle wax equivalent and at least as good, if not better than scratchx. Hope it works mate, would be a pain to have fill/prime and paint it. Good luck
All bleeding stops eventually!

manny
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby manny » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Thanks all, I appreciate the support. I'll never understand why people feel the need to mess with someone else's pride and joy. The fact that the lancer is blue makes it really noticable. I bought scratchx yesterday so will give it a go when i get the chance. If that fails ill try nu finish scratch doctor as anything is better than having all the panels resprayed.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:16 pm

that sucks, ive had it done to me and i need the side to be reprayed.

but it might not have been a Key, it could have been a nandbag or something like that, so it may not be deliberate. but still sucks either way

cody_au
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby cody_au » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:36 pm

bd-850 wrote:but it might not have been a Key, it could have been a nandbag or something like that, so it may not be deliberate. but still sucks either way

It looks deliberate to me, especially the way it goes across all 3 panels? The person who did it has a serious issue going on.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:39 pm

so did mine, but after i got it fixed i found out who did it and it was a accident, he just didnt want to admit it, he walked past my car in a tight spot and a metal button on his jeans rubbed against my car.

but i will take your word for it as you know your car and enviroment better than me

manny
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby manny » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:54 pm

Car was parked in the street on a wide street, so no need for anyone to have been walking anywhere near the car. My side view mirror was also pushed forward. Either way, whether an accident or not unfortunately I am in the same position.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:01 pm

true, suck either way

Return to “General Talk”