***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What did you do on your car today?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:39 am

...bugger all... i have mods piling up and no time to put them on. :cry:
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:25 am

BrownSound wrote: Was quite happy that I got a courtasy car since I had an appointment and they couldnt promise itd be finished by then (unfortunately it was a nissan tida).

That's the only problem I have with the Mitsubishi dealer in Taree. No courtesy car. I live 80km away and the Mazda dealers always give me a car so I can go and do all my shopping and shove it in their car and then transfer it over when I pick the Bubble up but at Mitsubishi (which is also the Holden dealer) they have a nice man that drives you down to the shops. It's a long way from there to the shops. But you just have to wander around for hours waiting for the car and have to do the shopping after you've got it back.

Courtesy cars should be mandatory at a dealer. I always ask for one and book it at the time of putting my car in for the service and they keep it for me even though I don't get there until 10.30. It's OK for people who live in the town but people from out of town have to kill a lot of time doing nothing.

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:43 am

@sxlancer mum. I own a cat and the little bugger scratched just above the grille on the front bumber think it's still the plastic part. Claw marks give it away. Can always be fixed I guess.

Anyhow I'm going to dubbo on Friday would you recommend i travel via Mudgee or thru Orange?? I'm coming from Sydney. I'm putting lots of kms on the car now but swear the trip meter isn't accurate. One of the downsides of having a speedometer showing a faster speed than your actually doing equates to putting on an extra 5000 kms every time you do 100,000kms in the car. Not a good thing and I feel car manufacturers do
this deliberatly to put more ks on the car which will make you want to buy a new one sooner. That's me belief anyway.

Yesterday ordered a carbon fibre antenna from eBay and also got some carbon fibre bits for the steering wheel stereo control - cruise control surrounds.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:59 am

Glen, best to go M4, Great Western and jump on the Castlereagh highway..

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:08 am

Yeah M4, GWH and then just past Lithgow you turn left (which takes you over the bridge across the hwy and past the power stations) and head toward Mudgee, go to Gulgong way and turn off (There was a road somewhere between Mudgee and Gulgong I think but there is one in Gulgong too but they both meet. I haven't done that bit for a lot of years but I'm pretty sure you can turn between Mudgee and Gulgong.) to go to Wellington and then Dumbo. Or you can go up to the Golden Hwy from Gulgong and then to Dunedoo and Dubbo.

The other way through Orange is M4, GWH, Bathurst-Orange-Molong-Wellington-Dumbo. That's the way we go to Dumbo from Lithgow. Hubby prefers that way to the one through Mudgee.

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:42 am

No probs thanks for that. Anything i have to look out for in regards to crime in dubbo?? Few people have told me that you have to be careful where to park as a lot of cars get vandalized up there??

ninjured
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ninjured » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:45 am

front lip put on pics

ImageImage

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:41 pm

GlenoCJ wrote:No probs thanks for that. Anything i have to look out for in regards to crime in dubbo?? Few people have told me that you have to be careful where to park as a lot of cars get vandalized up there??

Not sure. I usually only go to the shops when I go there or the Zoo.

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:24 pm

No probs that's where I'm going to the zoo lol. Should be ok

Nice ride you have there ninjured :)

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:34 pm

The Zoo is fun. Our kids went there heaps when we lived out west. It was the usual end of year treat at their school in Condobolin. Make sure you see the Rhinos and that early because once it gets later and warmer they head for shade. Those early feeding experiences are supposed to be good. Enjoy :)

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:54 pm

VRX_Pete wrote:...bugger all... i have mods piling up and no time to put them on. :cry:

jinxed myself and replaced a blown LHS headlight bulb. :lol:
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

HobartLancer09
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby HobartLancer09 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:43 pm

Added chrome grill surround, SC header and Extreme XA coils next... just waiting for the header to arrive:)

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Got my stubby carbon fibre antenna today. Looks so cute my car got a little erection now :)

steve83
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby steve83 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:43 am

Hoges wrote:Those look great on the Black. You need to get either chrome blinker bulbs or LED lights for the blinkers so you dont get the orange glow

Thanks Ryan, got some coming on the way! :D

Return to “General Talk”