***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What did you do on your car today?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:07 pm

bd-850 wrote:
Hoges wrote:Swapped over the oil cap with for a Blue Boomba racing aluminum cap

And i did the same thing, but my car is Red :P might get a pic later

Thanks Sam

You guys are lucky you got ones that suit your colour car. Only if they came in anodised gold. :sad:

I might fit mine tomorrow. You can not rush these things.

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:26 am

aspir3 wrote:You guys are lucky you got ones that suit your colour car. Only if they came in anodised gold. :sad:

@ Troy, You should have asked the guys at Boomba they would have done it in gold

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:37 am

Speedie wrote:
aspir3 wrote:You guys are lucky you got ones that suit your colour car. Only if they came in anodised gold. :sad:

@ Troy, You should have asked the guys at Boomba they would have done it in gold

It was a gift from Sam for coming over for the NSW meet. I decide to go at the last moment after Sam has ordered and received the oil caps. I had a choose of natural or blue.

It looks good on the engine in silver as there are lots of alloy parts with it to match.

I will post a photo this week end and add it to my garage.

blade888
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blade888 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:02 am

Forgot to post, on Sat I got my BC BR gold Coilovers installed and Whiteline Swaybars in. Garage updated.

Also I too put in the Boomba Oil cap on Tuedsay, goes with the blue car and cusco brace above it :)
Sportback VR/GReddy Spectrum Elite/Advanti Medusa/K&N High-Flow Performance Panel Filter/Cusco Racing Braces

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:27 am

Okay I will get in on the action to, I also fitted my Boomba oil cap given to me by Sam but I done mine on Sunday :P. I also had StrkEagle nerd up my car by installing a decal on my back window, the nerd part is that it is the seven chevron dialling address of Earth from Stargate :P:P

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:36 am

He should of done the whole address for earth from Stargate Series

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 am

It is the whole address Mitch 7 chevrons, the only other address is the 8 Chevron address when dialling from outside the Milky Way Galaxy.

zeroshift
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby zeroshift » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:53 am

Got my car back from the painter with the lip spoiler fitted. Love it. Just need to get myself some new badges from Mitsu.
Last edited by zeroshift on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:54 am

Yeah sorry I miss read it mate I thought I read he put the seventh chevron sorry mate

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:41 am

I thought there were 9 chevrons that got you through to and from the ship in Stargate Universe Chubb :) They just haven't worked out how to get home to Earth again yet.

I washed my car this morning. How's that for doing something to your car? :) Wash, dry, and a polish up of the alloys. I was going to get some decent polish the other day but couldn't decide which to get. It's going to need it next time though. The water isn't beading now very well. I used Meguires Pink gel wash so it's not as if I used something that strips off the wax and stuff. It's only it's second wash. When we got home from Melbourne it was covered in red dust and that was from just sitting in the carport. To make matters worse it rained and it must have been coming in on an angle because the car was disgusting :( Thankfully the blue doesn't show the dirt that much though.

I also bought it a new sunshade the other day. Same colour blue as the car. That was when I took it for a lovely 160km round trip to Taree. Just the Lancer and me :) We enjoyed ourselves.

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:10 pm

The 9th Chevron is only when dialling Destiny, dialling Earth from Destiny only requires an 8 Chevron address.

Chevron 1 - 6 = cubic cross reference to find a point in space on a 3 dimensional plain.

Chevron 7 = the dialling origin point

Chevron 8 = Galaxy reference more or less a StarGate area code.

Chevron 9 = only used for dialling destiny and is a code that plots Destiny exact point in space.

Sorry for being so nerdy :P:P

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Chubb wrote:The 9th Chevron is only when dialling Destiny, dialling Earth from Destiny only requires an 8 Chevron address.

Chevron 1 - 6 = cubic cross reference to find a point in space on a 3 dimensional plain.

Chevron 7 = the dialling origin point

Chevron 8 = Galaxy reference more or less a StarGate area code.

Chevron 9 = only used for dialling destiny and is a code that plots Destiny exact point in space.

Sorry for being so nerdy :P:P

I missed the bit where you only needed 8 to get back from Destiny. Hubby only lets me watch it half the time. I do have it on my hard drive but don't have the time to watch it.

No need to apologise for being nerdy. Trekkie here (own all series and movies of Star Trek, all 28 seasons and 11 movies)who also loves Star Wars, Stargate (but lost track of it early in the original one because hubby hates it and won't let me watch it but do watch bits and pieces when I can), Battlestar Galactica (old one not the new one) and most things like that. I'm also studying for a Bachelor of Science majoring in Forensic Chemistry. Oh and I'm a massive Dr Who nut as well. It's funny when I go to uni. We all really get to nerd it up :)

Nerd away my friend :)

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Here is my boomba oil cap fitted.

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:08 pm

"NICE"
and it was a pleasure to give to you for all your help at the meet Troy, especially with the cooking.
I could never have done it all my self, you were a God-Send for the day.

Thanks Again Troy. *hail*

Sam. :wink:
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

Return to “General Talk”