***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Phil Gilbert Homebush = Bad Service!!!

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

slickthug
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Phil Gilbert Homebush = Bad Service!!!

Postby slickthug » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:13 pm

just 2 inform you guys got my first service from phil gilbert
and they forgot to put my oil cap back on!!!!

ive been driving my car for a week after service and started smelling burning.

only found out now when i had the time i opened the hood and oil splashed over the engine and other parts. this because the person servicing my car forgot to put the oil cap back on the engine block.

hopefully nothings damaged.

btw anyone know where i can get a replacement cap for the time being until i get hold of the person responsible.

currently i made a dodgy plug to stop the oil splashing with a balloon and styrofoam. n e better ideas??

slickthug
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby slickthug » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:28 pm

Panther4B11
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Panther4B11 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:53 pm

When i went for my service. The person servicing my car didn't put the Air Filter back in the box properly. I drove around for a week with my car making this weird noise untill i found the problem.

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:07 pm

holy shit that is bad...what is the oil level like??

I'd be demanding that they detail your engine bay now too!

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:24 pm

Yeah Slickthug definately ream them for this one mate!
That is just NOT good enough considering they are being trusted with a car you paid a lot of money for!
I would insist on detailing the engine bay after the fact and at NO CHARGE!!!!!!!! Let us know how you go with it.
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:27 pm

terrible form on mitsu's part. Defs get them to detail the engine bay
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

sh00tr
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby sh00tr » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:40 pm

dude...
i no exactly wat ur sayin about phil gilbert...

its taken 3 months and they finally replaced my pulley..yet its just as bad an they go ohh its fine dw bout it if anythin happens we will replace the motor...thanks for the hedache in advance :D....assholes....then im drivin around for a week with that yeh shit im gonna fill my washer water bottle up.... i finally got round to it and the thing wasnt even there they forgot to put it in....who ever argues to get their car serviced at mitsu is a dope...warranty can go eat itself cause a 4month apprentice or a 30yr in the business mechanic that uve known for a lifetime...mitsu rly need to fix theyre busness management.... i wont tell u bout the arguerment over the idol adjustment where the comp registered perfect idol yet in front of the dopes the idol was bounce from 500 - 1000 evry 2 sec....baum....baum....baum im gonna drive the car straight threw their showroom and hit an evo and as many other cars....pissd off so bad....why offer 10yr warranty if its a heap of shit...no offense guys but prob say the same about all cars in that price range....

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:12 pm

WOW!!!....
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:39 pm

sh00tr wrote:dude...
i no exactly wat ur sayin about phil gilbert...

its taken 3 months and they finally replaced my pulley..yet its just as bad an they go ohh its fine dw bout it if anythin happens we will replace the motor...thanks for the hedache in advance :D....assholes....then im drivin around for a week with that yeh shit im gonna fill my washer water bottle up.... i finally got round to it and the thing wasnt even there they forgot to put it in....who ever argues to get their car serviced at mitsu is a dope...warranty can go eat itself cause a 4month apprentice or a 30yr in the business mechanic that uve known for a lifetime...mitsu rly need to fix theyre busness management.... i wont tell u bout the arguerment over the idol adjustment where the comp registered perfect idol yet in front of the dopes the idol was bounce from 500 - 1000 evry 2 sec....baum....baum....baum im gonna drive the car straight threw their showroom and hit an evo and as many other cars....pissd off so bad....why offer 10yr warranty if its a heap of shit...no offense guys but prob say the same about all cars in that price range....

Don't blame Mitsubishi, it's not their fault. It's the dealer that is the problem.

May I suggest making and official in writing (letter, not email) to Mitsubishi Head Office in Adelaide.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:14 pm

That is very ordinary......

i would not touch it and drive it straight back there slickthug.

Thats Embarrassing for them.....they Should look after you.

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:52 pm

holy crap mate i would so totally RAGE!! at them for doing such a crappy job, i mean putting a lid back on, a 5 year old can do that, these r mechanics, professionals that do this as a living n they cant even put a lid back on >.< should take it back n RAGEEEE!!!!!! at them to the shit house
Uchiha Itachi

Ravine
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ravine » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Those guys were heaps shit.

I went in when the Lancer was just released, with deposit money in hand. Tried to get a good deal and they didn't budge.

I went in BEFORE that aswell and just took a look at the car and the salesperson just let us go without asking for a test drive or anything.

They obviously don't like selling cars.

BeHaV3
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BeHaV3 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:31 pm

Only gone to Phil Gilbert in the past for good deals on Toyotas.......

EDIT.... Never went back for service, not convenient location
CJ RA. Stock!

slickthug
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby slickthug » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:31 pm

well its all fixed now. would of like to rage at them but the bloke said sorry and im a forgiving person.

they drove down to my house picked it up and returned it in a few hours. hopefully they didnt screw anything else up.

if its all clean and they fixed up their mess properly ill leave it there. just tell everyone i know not to get it serviced there. if i see a drop of oil n e where else ill bother mitsubishi.

spareparts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby spareparts » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:08 pm

mate go back and go see the dealer princesable, and get stuck into him, tell him you want the engine bay detailed. trust me i work at a dealer ship and yea when the big boss finds out some one will get the ass kicked.
the voices may not be real, but they have some pretty good ideas :D:D
..... If streets could talk they would Beg For Mercy!!! 151.6kw & 330nm @ all 4 paws .....

Return to “General Talk”