***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Car Parks and Great Walls - my thoughts. What are yours?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Car Parks and Great Walls - my thoughts. What are yours?

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:10 am

Yesterday was my little Lancers first foray into a car park. I parked right down the other end so far away from every other car and where I needed to be it wasn't funny. My husband laughed at me but I didn't care. I made a bet with him that when we came back that somebody will have come and parked right beside us.

When we got back the car park was as full as it was before (half full with everyone up the top half so they didn't have to walk far) with my car by itself down the end except there was one car that was parked right beside me. Not even one space over but right beside me. No other cars around, acres of room and they park right beside mine. No scratches or anything but people are funny aren't they.

Why do people ALWAYS have to do that?

I was very cagey, by the way. My hubby was covered in sand because he'd been swimming. I sent him back to my brother in laws in their car so he could look at it. They'd bought a Great Wall wagon the day before. They'd all been swimming so it was getting sandy anyway. No sand in my car thank you very much 8)

I still don't know about Great Walls though. The plastic was just too plasticy (it was shiny and there was a glare off the windscreen my father in law was rubbing my dash commenting that it was lovely because it wasn't shiny and glarey and I didn't know why until I got into theirs) and the leather wasn't great. And the new car smell was gross. The local council gets them now for the outdoor staff and they are cheap and it doesn't matter what happens to them and they reckon they're good but then again they don't go at 100 miles an hour they just want it for the 4wd. It's better to pay under $20,000 for a vehicle than over $40,000 for people to run into the ground. They supposedly use Mitsubishi motors and bits but the cars are nothing like a Mitsu. The BIL traded an old rusted Pathfinder for a top of the line Wagon (but it doesn't have cruise control or anything) and had a $21000 changeover. They seem happy with it but I wouldn't be.

Maybe I've been too spoilt over the years. My hubby and I lease a car from his work. We have had about 23 new cars in 23 years. We had a couple of Magnas in the late 80s. Loved them but we mostly had Commodores from 1991 to 1999 and an assortment of other things before and after. We have had Captivas lately. So our big family car has always been new with all of the extras. We've had luxury and we've had Pov Pack depending on the council and how tight they are with the cars they buy for us to lease. Even with all of this variety and that I still love my Lancer. It has absolutely everything I need. The only thing it doesn't have is lumbar support for my absolutely stuffed back but that's easily fixed with an appropriate cushion.

I was happy to get back into my little car after looking in theirs. I was showing everyone mine and everyone was extremely impressed with it. They loved how sporty it was. My father in law loved it and was extremely happy that his son had finally upgraded my car.

Oh and my brother in law just sat there shaking his head and telling my daughter that her mother is silly when he asked me what I thought about my new car and, well you know what my daggy answer was don't you hehehe "love that car" :D

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:28 am

hehehe welcome to nice car ownership Jacqueline, I do so much extra walking since owning the lancer. Luckly Armidale has all the main stores with 3 blocks of each other, so I chose my park right down the back of the car park then walk everywhere to do my shopping.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:40 am

My old Bubble has dents down both sides where people have just flung their doors open. They don't give a damn do they. I always tried to park away with that one too but people, and their doors, always were drawn to it.

Do you come back to your spot and find that someone else has parked right beside you even though there are 100 free spots around you?

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:07 am

The petrol engine great wall use in their soft roader is the engine that was used in the pre mivec Outlanders (up to around 2004)

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:16 am

The X-240, which is what they have, has got a 4 star rating now.

I don't know where all the power goes either. The first ones had problems getting to 100km/hr yet the engine is powerful enough.

There are some things you just don't buy and that's one of them. Honestly it's one of the cheapest and nastiest things I've ever been in and I've been in a hell of a lot of cars.

At least it wasn't a white one :)

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:42 pm

Living in Chatswood I feel your pain in the parking department.. Having owned a ralliart and now an evo, I have always tried my best to park basically miles away to avoid some careless idiot tarnishing my ride yet it doesn't matter what you do as it seems these cars are a magnet to sh!boxes and at times even nice cars! (here in Chatswood they don't seem to even care about their nice bmw's or audi's either..) It's gotten to the stage where me and my girlfriend make bets wether or not when we get back to the car some guy/gal has parked up real close.

There doesn't seem to be a way of getting away from the problem though I have printed out messages from "youparklikeanasshole.com" which I have no problem putting on their window if they have indeed parked in a stupid way.

When it comes to the great wall I always laugh at their advert.. "Are you crying because you spent 35000 on a ute?" More like crying tears of joy that you weren't suckered into buying a cheap and nasty piece of sh!t!
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Jacqueline , I Too Have my Favorite Parking Spot at my local shopping Center .... There is this one spot which is 1 & a half spaces wide " This has my name in it lol " I Always pick my Times "eg Early " so I can Claim this spot :lol: There's no chance of any one hitting my car ....

In My old Magna someone caused $800 dollars worth of Damage by hitting it with a trolley so now Iam also very careful where I park ...

And Yes I have also had that when Someone parks right next to my car when there is ample parking else where :roll:
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

ijustatecurry
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ijustatecurry » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:25 pm

Absolutely! I think all us protective lancer owners have got their default parking space at a shopping centre :P Normally, aim to be next to a pole or a wall which at least makes it possible for some inconsiderate moron to park on one side of you instead of both.

Yuck, i would never take a chance on a great wall. Friend of mine has the X240 or whatever it is, the 4WD, and it is exactly what you pay for: cheap and nasty on the inside, the outside and under the bonnet :P But if you dont really care and it's to get from A-B it isn't much worse than a Kia or a Daewoo!
All bleeding stops eventually!

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:27 pm

I've found the same on the beach. There's nobody else on the beach we go to. 11 miles of sand. You set up and low and behold some d**khead and his massive family come and set up directly in front of you.

One day about 10 people set their stuff up directly in front of us and one woman started doing yoga about 3 feet away. I really didn't want to see what she had for breakfast. Very flexible she was though.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 pm

i have my parking spot at work, between a tree and a no parking spot, or i just ride the bike

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 pm

SXLancerMum wrote:I've found the same on the beach. There's nobody else on the beach we go to. 11 miles of sand. You set up and low and behold some d**khead and his massive family come and set up directly in front of you.

One day about 10 people set their stuff up directly in front of us and one woman started doing yoga about 3 feet away. I really didn't want to see what she had for breakfast. Very flexible she was though.

Hmmm Unreal Hey *doh*

Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:57 pm

Here at home I've moved everyone down one out the front. My old car was under a tree and hubbies car was behind me. The neighbours used to nick my other spot because I have a tree and they have about 7 empty spots around their corner block but no trees.

Now I've moved my old one down where the neighbours park, hubby is next under the tree and I have hubbies old spot where there is no tree getting crap on my car. Of a night it's under the carport.

zeroshift
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby zeroshift » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:09 pm

I've had this very discussion with friends before. My conclusion is that people just prefer their cars not to be lonely. Don't know why, I definitely prefer mine being lonely and out of the way of the carelessness of others.

Return to “General Talk”