***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Valentines day gift ideas

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

jjpapaik
INACTIVE Member Account

Valentines day gift ideas

Postby jjpapaik » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Soooo, I HATE valentines day!! there i said it!!!

i do however have a problem...my girlfriend loves it! so...who has any ideas on simple, cheap gifts? (cheap because a week later we have a huge event planned...) other than the regular teddy bears and flowers and stuff.

OR what have you guys previously recieved that was totaly awesome?

Kimmy
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Kimmy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:49 pm

Anything pampering is always nice :) massages, facials, pedicures etc. Vouchers for any of that is always nice to get!
(cj-grey)Ride of the Month April 2011
My ride thread: Click here!
My garage: Click here!

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Jen as a woman you should have a rough idea what your girlfriend wants.

You did mention in another thread that she complained that the Lancer did not corner like the Skyline. So I would buy new lowered springs and sway bars for your car to make her happy.

Or you could just do some thing personal like some unique down stairs grooming like a love heart or some thing :shock:

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Save some money and use the website Allthedeals.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

jjpapaik
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jjpapaik » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:42 pm

aspir3 wrote:Jen as a woman you should have a rough idea what your girlfriend wants.

You did mention in another thread that she complained that the Lancer did not corner like the Skyline. So I would buy new lowered springs and sway bars for your car to make her happy.

Or you could just do some thing personal like some unique down stairs grooming like a love heart or some thing :shock:

haha downstairs growming wouldn't work since she's my beautician too :P

its not so much that she actually want's something in particular, i just know she wants to be spoilt (again) in some way shape of form. was mostly trying to start up a discussion!

jjpapaik
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jjpapaik » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:43 pm

ofey wrote:Save some money and use the website Allthedeals.

cool site! another good one is DealsDirect

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:10 pm

that'll be a nice gift :)
Lancer Evolution 10MR

jjpapaik
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jjpapaik » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:23 pm

PYLee wrote:Image

that'll be a nice gift :)

they look great...not sure what she or I would do with them....LOL wouldn't know where to start with these sorts of car mods!

Kimmy
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Kimmy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Tsk tsk.. boys and their toys!

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:46 pm

I hate valentines day too, my birthday is just before it.. Stupid 2for1 gift givers :lol: Over a stretch of 4days, 3 of my friends all our all birthdays fall just before Valentines day and everyone one of us hates the day. But sometimes you get some good things if it all falls over a weekend.

Gifts though, my grandmother taught me everything about gift giving :) What you do is give lots of little things, dont go all out on one big thing as they will expect something to top it the next year. Also keep things simple for Valentines day too.

Home-made chocolate works really well. What you do is you go to Safeway/Coles whatever and you get both white chocolate and normal chocolate and maybe dark chocolate. Of the white get double the amount. Also in safeway they have these little take-away boxes with the handle in packs of 3 or 5 in the lolly section or party stuff section. Get them too and some ribbons and stuff. Also get some pink food dye and chocolate molds if you dont have any at home. When you make up the chocolate, you make each colour in different shapes and the double amount of white chocolate you use one half to make pink chocolate. Then you put each colour in its own little box thing and put ribbon on top. If no ribbon, just put 1,2 and 3 on each box (4 if you made up some dark chocolate too).

Whatever you do, do not put them all in the one box. They all have to be in separate boxes. If you put them all in the one box you only get one reaction but if you put it in a few boxes you get many reactions and you also get anticipation as they move from box to box.

Also do something together that is non sexual. It might be hard for some but trust me, keeping your pants on for that little bit longer pays out in the end. Do something fun, sort of sucky/cutesy but fun. All depends on your partner though what you do. The more out there it is at times gets a really good result later on. Or cook together. A non sexual activity together along with all the other crap on Valentines day can make a huge difference to what you get later on as it builds anticipation.

My grandmother said Valentines Day is all about anticipation. Its not so much about the gifts but more on building anticipation to get the most out of the whole thing; especially if you are going to ask a question. Keep it all simple and fun and you will get through it just fine.

jolly_tas
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jolly_tas » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:21 pm

@ Sam.... was waiting for that to come up in another thread! *rofl*

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:37 pm

Hey Joel. I just couldn't pass-up the opportunity.

Sam.
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

Just1more
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Just1more » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Tim, your Grandmother sounds like a very wise woman, anticipation is the key ;)

Jen, a really low cost option is a book of vouchers that she can redeem from you... Throw in a few things she hates doing (iron her shirts for a week etc), a few pampering things (massage from you, facial etc), humourous (say if there was a pub you go to maybe a voucher that you will get up and sing a certain song at karaoke or something), and of course a few more risqué vouchers (I'll leave those ones to your imagination)...

Kimmy
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Kimmy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Lins, that's a fantastic idea!

Return to “General Talk”