***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Tiff & Courts first cruise!!! 11th October 2014!

Local Tasmanian State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:49 pm

As:

The costs involved will be negligible,

There seems to be a fair amount of interstate support for the idea,

There's someone who's obviously willing to give it a good, hard go,

Tasmania is a state, not a territory and therefore it's patronising to 'run' it from Vic,

Melbourne was settled from Tasmania in the first place,

And:
it's obvious that Tasmania as a whole is being ignored,

I think it's rank idiocy not to take the opportunity to get Tiff' & Court to grab the ball and run with it - it couldn't be any worse, and frankly all that's happened in the last twenty-four hours is that someone who was keen to take on the role is now being massively demotivated.

As the 'President' is doing f-ck all with anything, just let the committee appoint Tiff' & court temporarily as 'acting' Rep / second until it's ratified at some vague future date.

"Can I Get An Amen...?"

*amen*
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:05 pm

Martin,

A few people posting in this chat does not account for 'a fair amount of interstate support'.. we need a MAJORITY of the whole forum to agree on the matter.

Tasmania isn't being ignored, there hasn't been anyone there to put there hand up until now, and even then it needs to go through the right channels before it is approved.

Like I said, I am happy for them to start organizing meets and getting a member base setup there, and I'm not here to demotivate her, but by making us (the committee) look like we don't want Tasmania to be a part of the club you're not helping the cause.

If you'd like to take this up with me further please do so by PM.

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:16 pm

I think I'll reserve comment.
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Well, if that's going to be the case, I'm more than happy to make a post in putting my idea forward........ and pushing for it...

But I very much agree with Martin on the matter.

That's all I have left to say on the matter....
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:16 am

Congratulations on organising the cruise Tiff, you have done a marvellous job and a obvious asset to the club! I hope the Evo joins up :-)

As Justin mentioned, the matter of state rep for Tassie must go through constitutional vote and if amendment agreed upon then nominated and voted on as per all other roles.

You don't have to be a State Rep or Exec Team to organise cruises or events, anyone is welcome to do this, premium or not. Look at all the work Annabelle, Tomo and Steve put in (just to name a few) just for the love of the club.

I see no better way to show members that a position is warranted and numbers can be grown with the right dedication than proving your worth as many current and previous state reps etc have done in past.

No one is ignoring tassie in fact I think your work Tiff is noticed more than some states due to you being solo and battling to recruit more members.

There is no need to attack those left in a helpless position trying to hold the club together as president was uncontactable due yo personal reasons, we all need to stick together and stay united.

No further discussion to take place here except for cruise related comments. Please PM myself or Justin to discuss or I'm happy to give you a call to talk about it.

Keep up the awesome work!
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Return to “Tasmania”