***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Amusing experience!

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

lizard2010
INACTIVE Member Account

Amusing experience!

Postby lizard2010 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi all, I am new to this whole forum thing so forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong spot, etc! Just wanted to share a funny experience I had with fellow Adelaide and Lancer owners. I have an 08 VR and the one thing I really wish it had was an iPod connection point. When looking in to how this would be possible I stopped by Agostino Mitsi while waiting with a friend who's car was being serviced at Hyundai. Went in to the service department to ask what my options were. The guy there took forever to get off his butt to come and talk to me and then when I said I have a 08 VR Lancer and I want to know my options for an iPod connection he promptly replied to me ''What is a VR Lancer?" ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!!!??? :shock: I was dumbfounded that I was in the SERVICE department of MITSUBISHI and the guy didn't know what a VR Lancer was!!!! I honestly didn't know how to respond! I think I ended up saying 'Ahhhhh that car right their!' and pointed to it coz you could see it from where we were. Surely you would expect the guys in the service department to know their cars! Ahahaha...needless to say I ended the questioning pretty quick and left! So yeah just wanted to share that story with you all! Oh and it just further cemented why I had chosen Australian Motors Wayville as my dealer! Still no iPod connection in my car yet but I will go looking for a discussion about that, I gave up researching as I decided it wasn't a high priority and with a 6-stacker did I really need that as well!

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:34 pm

liz, reiterating what Matt above had to say, you can just ask or search for what you want to know on this site.

There are loads of car dealerships all over australia pinching information from our site too. IF you want to know something about a CJ Lancer, you will find that information here first. And if your dealer knew something, he probably learnt about it here.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

WillF
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby WillF » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:35 am

lizard2010
If you want ipod connectivity i may be selling the cd player out of my vrx which has a 6 stack ipod input bluetooth ETC let me know if your interested

lizard2010
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby lizard2010 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Thanks for your replies! I went in close to a year ago now, long before I discovered this forum so will definitely use this place to find out what I need to know in the future! Just thought it was amusing the complete lack of knowledge the guy had! Agostino is definitely a place to steer away from.
WillF thanks, bit short on cash to splash on my car at the moment but will have a think about it and get back to you shortly.

Red EVOX
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Red EVOX » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:43 pm

Welcome to club cj Liz.

Try to get along to one of our SA meets if you can :D

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:22 pm

welcome to the club liz
yeah as red evox said, u should try to come to one of our meets. its great cos u get to see what everyone has done to thier lancers & get really good advice. but also bad cos u see some really cool stuff and then want to do it...
u will get a lot of info from this site, and there is always people around to help u out with anything.
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”