***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

EOI: SA Merlin tuning trip July/August 2017

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Magnious
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

EOI: SA Merlin tuning trip July/August 2017

Postby Magnious » Thu May 04, 2017 9:13 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry that I haven't introduced myself yet, but because my exhaust has been done recently, I have been in contact with Dave (Merlin) and Troy (aspir3) to organise a Merlin tuning trip to Adelaide.

Dave has informed me that the earliest he can visit is July or August, 2017. Organising this trip will be similar to the one made in 2016 (viewtopic.php?f=66&t=18497). This means that 50% deposits will be required, prior to Dave flying over, to secure your booking. Prices will roughly be $450 for naturally aspirated Lancers and $550 for Ralliarts.

Tuning your car after, or even before installing modifications is one of the best ways to improve its performance and fuel economy. And if you've ever browsed these forums in your life, you can tell that people are very pleased with the results of Merlin's work.

If you live in SA and would be seriously interested in paying for Merlin's expert services, please express your interest by posting on this thread or sending me a PM. It would also help if you could say if you wanted it done ASAP in July or needed some more time to install mods.

If you're a lurker from Adelaide, I strongly suggest you jump on this opportunity before it's too late.

Interested:
1. Magnious (Matt)
Last edited by Magnious on Sat May 06, 2017 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dannn
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Re: EOI: SA Merlin tuning trip July/August 2017

Postby Dannn » Fri May 05, 2017 7:10 am

Might wanna remove the pricing. Last i knew, Dave didnt like the pricing public like that.
Merlinised

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri May 05, 2017 8:12 pm

Dannn wrote:Might wanna remove the pricing. Last i knew, Dave didnt like the pricing public like that.

I think it should be okay. It's just a guide. The costs will vary depending on numbers, accommodation and airfares.
Most members who are interested will want to know the costs.

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Sat May 06, 2017 10:27 am

I got mine done last year and love it. I wonder if there are any further improvements since then?
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

Magnious
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Magnious » Sat May 20, 2017 1:42 pm

I've advertised on the SA CJ and AUS CJ Facebook pages, without any luck. Some people were interested but not committed enough.

If you're still interested, please don't hesitate to post on this thread or send me a private message.

Thanks

CoreyB
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby CoreyB » Sat May 20, 2017 10:43 pm

Well worth it guys :D Ive had 2 different tunes from him now both with different mods done to my car with great results

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Sat May 20, 2017 11:05 pm

Reason why I asked about any different tuning is that if there are improvements there may be a lot of interest in a retune from different members with older tunes or who have done mods since, or improvements with specific ROM variations. Of course, then there's the issue of cost and whether the changes can be justified with expense.

Magnious
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Magnious » Sun May 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Reason why I asked about any different tuning is that if there are improvements there may be a lot of interest in a retune from different members with older tunes or who have done mods since, or improvements with specific ROM variations.

I'll ask Merlin about this when he is less busy. When did you get your tune done?

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Sun May 21, 2017 9:54 pm

I got mine done last year, I love it! I have done one or two mods since though, others may be in a similar position in particular those with older tunes. I am also curious how the New Zealand 4B11's have variable valve lift and we don't. They even advertise that it has it on the NZ website. Different engines or software lock? I can't imagine then getting a special engine. That gives them 109 KW and should be a bit flatter (better) power curve. 109 KW is more than the 107 KW Australia gets in the 2017 models, but both are down on the previous model. Most likely tuning for lower emissions?

justinmollie
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby justinmollie » Mon May 22, 2017 11:44 am

Had mine done in Syd the other weekend and couldn't speak of Dave more highly. Even went out of his way to help diagnose a separate issue.

Response has improved greatly, even if it's stock. It's well worth it and you won't regret it one bit once you've driven away.

merlin
Alumni
Alumni

Postby merlin » Mon May 22, 2017 12:17 pm

There are two tuning features I would like to be able to offer for this next trip:

1. Total elimination of the EGR function.

2. Elimination or tuning of the 2nd gear throttle limiter function.

Now I am not 100% sure but I dont think this 2nd gear throttle limiter is present or active in the earlier roms.
For sure it is in the later roms and is quite annoying - for me anyway.
I am guessing it is some additional traction control mapping "feature". Bahh!

With this in mind, I wont set a tuning date until I have had a chance to dig into these parameters further.

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”