***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*EXTENDED to 30 March* Merlin Tuning ~ SA ~ 8-10 April 2016

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

blinklight
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blinklight » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:59 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:Will dave be coming on to answer stuff like my question?

Yes :)
Annie's Merlinised Red Devil

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:12 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:I have a question:as I primarily would be doing this for better fuel economy seeing as I have no performance mods, what sort of results could I expect realistically? I currently get 500kms on 98 in a 2015 2.4 XLS out of a tank.

Erin I am sure David can answer any of your questions but I can tell you he is a very modest man. I can show you dyno sheets with the results of a tune. They show a good increase in low to mid range power and torque which is where we normally drive around the streets. I find a big improvement in economy. I get about 750 kilometres from a tank of 98ulp. I drive modestly though. I find the biggest improvement in short distances. Before the tune I would have to drive about 10 kilometres before the fuel consumption dropped below 10 litres per 100 kilometres. Now I get that within 2 kilometres. Overall I'm probably saving about 15% on fuel. So if you spend $50 on fuel a week now expect to save about $7 a week. That is a savings of $350 a year, so it will pay for itself reasonable quickly. Not to mention it is more fun to drive as it is more responsive. No more throttle lag.

I hope that helps

Anhevius
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Anhevius » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:29 am

Please add me to the list as well, I'm confident I can cough up the cash by then.

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:42 am

Dave does fantastic work and the tune really transforms the vehicle.
I would highly recommend.
K+N drop in
RA intake
SS 4-2-1 Headers
Whiteline Strut Brace
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
SuperPro Polyurethane Bushings
Paddle Shifters

Merlinised

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:49 am

TrojanHorse wrote:Thanks Troy that does help a bit yes. Just wanted to know what sort of increases I could see in fuel economy for the money being spent, obviously as you say, thats not the only improvement either and less or no throttle lag would be good too! How many kms out of a tank were you getting prior to tune out of interest? Im not the most conservative driver so prob wont get quite as much as you, also with being manual, which oddly seems to use more fuel in the lancers than the autos...or maybe its just how I drive...hah.

It is hard for me to answer it exactly as my car has been tuned many times in the last 4-5 years. I was getting about 9 litres per hundred before.

I'm sure Daniel would be able to give a better answer as his car only has a few mods and was done recently. the only real difference is he has the 2.0L engine.

Tillllasam
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Tillllasam » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:32 am

aspir3 wrote:[quote:221835284d=TrojanHorse]I have a question:as I primarily would be doing this for better fuel economy seeing as I have no performance mods, what sort of results could I expect realistically? I currently get 500kms on 98 in a 2015 2.4 XLS out of a tank.[/quote:221835284d] Erin I am sure David can answer any of your questions but I can tell you he is a very modest man. I can show you dyno sheets with the results of a tune. They show a good increase in low to mid range power and torque which is where we normally drive around the streets. I find a big improvement in economy. I get about 750 kilometres from a tank of 98ulp. I drive modestly though. I find the biggest improvement in short distances. Before the tune I would have to drive about 10 kilometres before the fuel consumption dropped below 10 litres per 100 kilometres. Now I get that within 2 kilometres. Overall Im probably saving about 15% on fuel. So if you spend $50 on fuel a week now expect to save about $7 a week. That is a savings of $350 a year, so it will pay for itself reasonable quickly. Not to mention it is more fun to drive as it is more responsive. No more throttle lag. I hope that helps

Just wondering will this tune be beneficial for NA 2.0 CVT with no mods?

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:38 am

Just wondering will this tune be beneficial for NA 2.0 CVT with no mods?

Yes as they are tuned so poorly from factory.

JackDra
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby JackDra » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:37 am

I would like to have a tune, thanks. I was going to get my exhaust done before it, but I'll get the tune regardless I think.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:22 am

What model lancer do you have Jack?

This looks like it will be a good weekend of tuning as we have enough numbers now.

Get your deposits in quick now to save your spot.

Tillllasam
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Tillllasam » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:06 pm

aspir3 wrote: Yes as they are tuned so poorly from factory.

In that case please count me in. Thanks.

JackDra
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby JackDra » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:02 pm

aspir3 wrote:What model lancer do you have Jack?

Lancer vrx my09 (auto).

aspir3 wrote: Get your deposits in quick now to save your spot.

might be a week or so till I can put my deposit in.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:07 pm

Jack you have the same engine and cvt as mine. I have MY09 Aspire.

You will love the tune, transforms the car.

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”