***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Need some help in Elizabeth/Davoren Park

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Anhevius
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Need some help in Elizabeth/Davoren Park

Postby Anhevius » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:49 am

So, trying to get my car up and running before Xmas, since I've got work and there's family stuff going on, so my fiance needs the Lancer.

I've hit a bit of a snag though.

Bought a set of stands, and a floor jack, months ago. Didn't even realize it, but I bought the wrong stands. They're 3,000kg ones, and extremely tall. My floor jack at its tallest is too short to get them under the car so I can change the oil.

Is anyone in the Elizabeth area able to loan me either a bigger jack, or a set of shorter stands? It won't take that long to change the oil, once I can get the car lifted up and stabilized.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:03 am

To change the oil all you need to do is drive the front left wheel up on the curb. This will give you enough room to drain your oil.

Anhevius
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Anhevius » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:07 am

Yea, not doing that (though I did consider it). With how people drive on my street, that's asking to get killed. Plus with the psycho two houses down that hates me, I'm sure the cops would be rocking up to harass me about it.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:40 am

A stock lancer is very easy to get under the front for a normal person. Try driving on a small piece of wood if you need a little more clearance.
Personally when I change my oil I only use the jack. I put it under the passengers side tie down point. I then only just get under my car.
I agree with your safety first option, safety first.

Anhevius
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Anhevius » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:15 am

It's not the Lancer, but my 380. And I don't have any wood or anything sturdy, else I would slap it on the jack to get the extra height.

I miss living in the country. Huge cement pad in the shade, and a full kit of tools at hand. Made things so much easier.

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”