***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

SA-13/03/15-Dinner with Alan(AK Racing)

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

SA-13/03/15-Dinner with Alan(AK Racing)

Postby shamoo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:39 pm

Alan from AK racing is in town for a few days doing some tuning so we will do dinner for him on the Friday 13th.

Time: 7pm
Where: TBA-city, north adelaide or somewhere close to where he's staying.

Attending
1) Shannon
2)
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:59 pm

Take him to Watermark in Glenelg... coz you know... . he Asian and its all you can eat :D
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:57 pm

Well... was a major turn out. hahahaha :)

was this really it?
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

megatron
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby megatron » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:02 pm

there was 8 of us, good night

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:11 pm

el3ment wrote:Well... was a major turn out. hahahaha :) was this really it?

We didn't even know anything was happening that night! Not all us got told about this!

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:46 pm

VRX_08 wrote:[quote:65d20573ba=el3ment]Well... was a major turn out. hahahaha :) was this really it?[/quote:65d20573ba] We didnt even know anything was happening that night! Not all us got told about this!

Um, the thread has been created since the 4th March? Not to mentioned it's even on the 'current news topics'. I didn't realised information needed to be spoon fed nowadays. :?
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:56 pm

RyanMK wrote:[quote:a9df7f5934=VRX_08][quote:65d20573ba=el3ment]Well... was a major turn out. hahahaha :) was this really it?[/quote:65d20573ba] We didnt even know anything was happening that night! Not all us got told about this![/quote:a9df7f5934] Um, the thread has been created since the 4th March? Not to mentioned its even on the current news topics. I didnt realised information needed to be spoon fed nowadays. :?

I know Ryan but what I meant is the original post wasn't updated, no location just a time so how were we supposed to know about where to go if we wanted too, only a select few found at about it, the rest didn't! If you want people to attend these posts need to be updated and by looks only 1 person attended!

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:05 pm

I can see your point there, but the thread exists to show an expression of interest. Assuming no one responded in the thread, I think it's fair to assume that said member isn't able to attend. Especially if the person is known to log onto CCJ regularly.
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:21 pm

RyanMK wrote:I can see your point there, but the thread exists to show an expression of interest. Assuming no one responded in the thread, I think its fair to assume that said member isnt able to attend. Especially if the person is known to log onto CCJ regularly.

That's the trouble the thread keeps disappearing out of the top 15, it needs to be updates at least a day or 2 before, according to Facebook the event happened and obviously only a select few were notified at the time!

D
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby D » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:38 pm

Firstly, Hope you had a great trip Alan and enjoyed your stay, wish i could have came but you were a weekend early for me to make a trip down
Next
ha, did i read this correct, not here to argue,
However, it was in the Current news topic thread the whole time, yes maybe it should have been updated, with no posts from other members it is no surprise that this happened, it is in turn our own faults in a way, but hey. . . .

i have made a cute diagram for reference, just in case it is missed
Also there is this Amazing link that, is worth checking out time to time to see what events are happening in good olde SA
Any Whoo,
Chao
My EVO (X MR) progress: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=328713#328713
4 cylinders, 3 diamonds, 2 litre, 1 turbo, 0 reasons to buy anything else
ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:11 pm

I just think we need to plan and update accordingly and as early as possible! Look at Queensland they post meets up 1 to 2 months in advance! And also if you don't put a location or place to meet of course people aren't as likely to reply! Especially a Friday night as some of us have to work till 5 or 6pm so we can't say we will be there if we don't know if we can make the location because we don't know where it is!

A location or meet post needs to put up and the creator of the thread should update and re ask the question who is coming a day or 2 before the event! I thought it was my happening until I saw people checking in at a location that night! Everyone needs to be notified and the events need to be planned early for people to respond!

megatron
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby megatron » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:04 am

late confirmation was my fault, i could not commit to a night until a few days prior :(

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:34 am

megatron wrote:late confirmation was my fault, i could not commit to a night until a few days prior :(

all good Alan some of us here are just sik of not having the thread updated etc

Dion yes we know the thread was up the top and in the top 15 etc but we kept checking and there was only the person that made the thread and no else was on there so we thought the meet was not happening untill we saw people checking in on facebook and still no invite to say do u guys want to come

same thing happened when thorsten was down the mintue the selected few found out he was catching up with some people the rest did not come it doesnt matter if certian people hate each other we can all still cacth up with intersate CCJ peeps no need to invite certain mob

heres the thing andrew havent been on a CJ run for a long time due to things not getting planned to last min when we have made plans and due to it only being the certain mob and due to everyone hating each other it seems if u are into horses now u can belong to this mob etc
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker
(cj-red)

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:14 am

megatron wrote:late confirmation was my fault, i could not commit to a night until a few days prior :(

That's fine Megatron, but like you said if a night was decided a day or two before that particular day the thread creator should of updated it ASAP with a meet location, time and what is happening, eg. dinner, cruise, movie, etc!

The only way a lot of us SA crew find out something is happening is that night or day when it is way too late, only because someone has tagged or checked in on Facebook with people or photos!

It is a club, everyone needs to be invited, threads need to be updated regularly, doesn't take much to refresh a thread now or post an update, especially with smart phones too these days!

Kayla and I are going to Queensland in 6 weeks times, but hey I have already been in contact with a Queensland member (like 3 weeks ago) and said look hey we will be up there between these dates and would like to catch up with some Queensland members! It has already been put up in the Queensland section and everyone has been invited not just the favourites!

As Thorsten said, you need to realise that it doesn't look good if you don't update and attending list or put a location! Interstate members would think well next time I am in SA I won't bother contacting anyone to meet up with because obviously no one is interested in doing so, it doesn't make SA look very good!

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”