***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Gorge Rd fatal smash involving CJ lancer

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Alixxandar
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Alixxandar » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Seffy wrote:[quote:b072e2c95f=TrojanHorse]Amen! (Nice to see a teenager with a mature outlook seffy! Very rare!) ;)[/quote:b072e2c95f] Thank you, thats really kind of you to say that. :) [quote:b072e2c95f=aspir3]I think this is a very sad accident that could have been avoided. This is why I strongly only cruise on club cruises and no racing. I would not be organising any cruises around the hills soon as I suspect police to be monitoring car forums and defecting cars that attend cruises.[/quote:b072e2c95f] I definitely agree with this. A cruise is a cruise; meaning we just drive as a group of friends from A to B and have fun whilst obeying to the road rules. And yes, the cops will be all over the hills from now on for a period of time. [quote:b072e2c95f=TrojanHorse]I agree Troy, might be best to do country/coastal runs for a while. Im glad to see everyones attitude seems to be the same, heres hoping that translates into sensible cruises (having not been on one just yet!) If so, I am looking forward to it! Ive been on cruises in other car clubs (inc having organised one myself when I had my little Eunos 30x) and Ive found a lot of the time ppl go too fast altogther and it makes it hard for not so confident drivers (like myself) to keep up and risk injuring themselves by making silly mistakes trying to do so. One of the guys on the cruise I organised a few years back ended up dangling halfway over the side of Mt Lofty, was very lucky he didnt go right over! Dont see why we cant enjoy a drive and one anothers company without certain people or the whole entourage needing to go at the speed of light! It is meant to be a cruise not a time trial ;)[/quote:b072e2c95f] This is so true. I dont understand what goes through their mind really, people can have fun without having to muck around recklessly and causing unnecessary risk. :/ Coastal or country run would be a great idea! Ive never driven towards a coastal or country town before and would personally be a great experience. :)

+1 againnn. Pete, can we have a +1 button? or Kudos? :D

I'll buy premium if you give it to us :) (*cough*I'm going to anyway but you get the point*cough*)

deathsvoid
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby deathsvoid » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:53 am

Only just heard about this, no wonder why on my drive to work this morning I had a few unmarked police cars tailing me.

hopefully CJ lancer dont get stuck with a terrible rep because of this.

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:35 am

I hope this is seen by all the idiots that want to replace their airbag equipped steering wheel or seat with some tacky $99 Autobarn special.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:57 am

[quote="Alixxandar" We need a +1 feature. :D[/quote]

You can rate my post. It's below the avatar.

The government needs to address the lack of race tracks and drag strips where we can legally drive to the limit. Autobahns aren't there for nothing. Obviously, we are far from ready to have stuff like that, but we have the need for speed and there should be more places where we can satisfy that more safely.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:13 pm

It's unfortunate that the alleged actions of one, has caused the death of another.
Thank goodness that the blue Evo is not one from our flock.

As always any ClubCJ organised cruises and meets are governed by our rules of being law abiding and well behaved, so let's continue this.

Please be mindful when driving day to day, that people will view all Lancers with some suspicion - so be careful.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Nah, Lancers are far from being a common hoon car. Evos are too expensive for a lot of people to own, and for RA money, many others are choosing different rides. Let's not be too paranoid about this. So long as we're driving safely, we only need to worry about those who aren't.
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:43 pm

squala wrote:Nah, Lancers are far from being a common hoon car. Evos are too expensive for a lot of people to own, and for RA money, many others are choosing different rides. Lets not be too paranoid about this. So long as were driving safely, we only need to worry about those who arent.

Definitely. This has been the only case I've ever heard where it involves an Evo; let alone any Lancer.

So long as everyone drives safe, we shouldn't have cops giving us a ton of crap.
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

Smigza
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Smigza » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:50 am

@squala People who don't know much about Mitsus think my RA is an evo. Once a car has a bodykit, or scoops people automaticall think its a hoon mobile. Might only be a SA thing I guess...

Corzza2
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Corzza2 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:24 am

Terrible news to say the least
The Fleet

2009 FPV F6
2012 Volvo S60 R-Design Polestar
2008 Lancer VR - SOLD

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:06 pm

I saw this on the news the other night, its a shame that there are some people out there stupid enough to drive dangerously, especially on the roads in the hills, some of them are really narrow and very windy. and yeah the taxi dude should not be driving-especially a taxi where the purpose of the job is to transport people...

Now that summer is upon us, we can start doing some coastal runs and will avoid cruising through that side of town for a while. i now have a new flash gps so i will have some idea of where we r going :)
I was actually talking to someone at work the other day about the defensive driving course. it would be something pretty cool to do, but like most fun things its pretty expensive.

And for those who go on our cruises, we always cruise sensible! alot of our members bring their families on the crusies, so we have a lot of lives in our hands. its just not worth the risk. i know of some people in other car clubs in adelaide and hear the things they get up to and lets just say im glad im not a part of those clubs.

We have never had any problem with cops on any of our runs and i would like to keep it that way!
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:41 pm

Smigza wrote:@squala People who dont know much about Mitsus think my RA is an evo. Once a car has a bodykit, or scoops people automaticall think its a hoon mobile. Might only be a SA thing I guess...

nah mate i'm pretty sure it's everywhere the same! BUT as long as we stay out of trouble everything will be ok!

TPG
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby TPG » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:32 pm

Yes it certainly is sad news.

I've seen Track Days mentioned in this thread. These are a great way to get to use your car in a safe environment. There are cars & karts and car only days held regularly at Mallala

Is ClubCJ CAMS affiliated?

Either way, if there is interest from ClubCJ about holding a track day at Mallala, do let me know as through the GSR/EVO Club we would be able to assist organising it etc.

General thing is that to host one yourself - track hire is quite expensive. Basically to make it worthwhile you need between 30 and 40 cars and $150 to $200 per car.

The car n karts days are alot cheaper- but you'll have a mixed bag of people out there.

TPG
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby TPG » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:44 pm

And yet people still find $$$ for mods, but don't put any away to go to an environment where they can use it all in a safe manner......

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”