***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Help needed in WA after a crappy few days

Local WA State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

WillF
INACTIVE Member Account

Help needed in WA after a crappy few days

Postby WillF » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:18 pm

Soo the a few weeks ago a series of unfortunate events took place

1. Driving along and bang massive crack along the windscreen. Unfortunately i do not have the windscreen policy thing on my insurance cover as im with just car as they were the only ones that would insure my mrs !!!

2. Driving home after getting my windscreen cracked and my wheel starts dragging to one side......... Yep you guessed it ! puncher. so pulled over changed it and the inside wall is looks like its been chewed on by a a frigging rottweiler. So i changed the spare.

3. day later the mrs give me a call at work saying some ones just hit the car on the drive way and pissed off...................... Thats right folks you guessed it !!!!!! she did get the plates !!!!!!!!!!!!

4. After tcutting all the red paint off the bumper so it doesn't look so bad i started to wash the car only to notice that the pant on the front air dam extensions is peeling away.

So i have a couple of questions.

1) I need a decent paint shop in wa to spay bumper

2) Any one got good prices for wind screens for vrx?

3)is peeling paint covered in the diamond warranty as my car is an ex demo and i dint take the paint protection shit out ?

Any info would great!

p.s im in wa places anywhere from kelmstcott to balcatta would be ideal!

Massaen
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Massaen » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:39 am

Paint wise i would recommend Romanos Smash repairs in canningvale. I have used them for years and never had an issue with the quality of work.

In terms of wind screens, obriens or the like will all be about the same...

If the paint is defective then yes, warranty should cover it. If on the other hand its damaged though use or exposure they can and probably will wiggle out of fixing it.
I have a 3 year old son who KNOWS i should drive faster! So why do i get fined?!?

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:16 pm

ouch that sucks!

I think the $60 I pay for window insurance is worth it but I've yet to have any incidents.

Not too sure of any places to paint/repair windscreen but try what Mike suggested above

Mitsu will probably try and dodge the paint claim :\
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

FizyMo
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby FizyMo » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:35 am

Man seems like you had a bad day..
I know of a guy who does paint jobs, its near belmont though.. that where i normally go
Its calld KYP
".FizyMo."

Return to “Western Australia”