***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

[WA] Chat Thread

Local WA State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Leez
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Leez » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:15 pm

Nick07 wrote:Sorry I haven't been able to attend any cruises. Uni is too full on and with a part time job and a girlfriend, I have no time. I think you are going the right way with the BBQ on the Sunday, it's a more friendly event and to tell you the truth, traveling down the zig-zag at night time is not the best idea and kind of put me off ( might be different for others).

You could also maybe incorporate it into also going to the drags in Kwinana or something like that, might appeal to some more people + it's a nice cruise down the freeway ;)

Thanks for your time ;)

Pssh balls up! I'm doing full time UWA engineering (36 contact hours), part time job, and girlfriend, but I still make it to the occasional cruise! Commit mate! ;)

Zig-zags at night time are AMAZING! The view you get from one of the carparks is just astonishing, you can see like half of Perth in all it's glittery sparkling glory. I wasn't keen for zig-zags on the last cruise only because it was pouring down.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:35 pm

Huh Rahul? I've just been suggesting things that might be worth considering... I'm not worried about how you and Matt are going to go or anything :)

With the GB's, idk I just thought maybe people would like to get more involved before they send big money through the club. But I don't know everything :P
We don't have too many members who would all want the same expensive item anyway.

Maybe I just need to back off now that I'm not a mod? Haha.

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Jake just ure tone from ure posts seemed a lil off thast all.... i would like WA members to give ideas on how to make CCJ WA a better environment for everyone.... Just cuz me and matt are Mods does not mean only what we say goes... far from it.... we want everyone to be involved and give their input on stuff so we can efficiently make things happen without anyone feeling left out..... If anyone has stuff they would like to ask privately dont hesitate to PM either me or Matt....

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:49 pm

Nahh I have hope for the future :D

I know we all have a right to contribute, mods aren't 'in charge', they're just trusted to look after everything. I'm just used to trying to speak loudly on the forums, thats more your job now :P
Like, it was mostly me that caused there to be 2 mods. But its your job to do the representing now :)

But there shouldn't be too much politics for a while once you get your powers. We can go back to worrying about WA, and taking it places :)

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:02 am

I like the idea of smaller group buys seeing as we are in Perth, but the reality is most things that are small are cheap enough already. Maybe the better option is to organise a group install day where non-mechanically minded people can get together with people who have more experience to do some mods to cars, even as simple as changing bulbs etc. It just makes it easier for people who aren't confident about modding to get involved. Let's be honest, its really the people who mod their cars in some way and therefore are proud of what they have and want to share it with other like minded people that are going to get involved in the club. If you are happy with everything stock, chances are you wont be interested in cruising etc.

I like the idea of giving us a chance to test our cars, I'd love to go to a track day or something with other CJs. Although maybe a better option is to organise a WA gokart day out at barbagallos? There are the fast ones (up to 140km/h on the main track) or the slower ones (70km/h on the Jacks hill track) either way it is a chance to prove who the speed demons are and give everyone a chance to bond and earn bragging rights :P Also wont cost as much in the way of new tyres or speeding fines :twisted:

Just some thoughts, I'm sure you guys have some good ideas already :)
Like my car? Follow my fitness blog!

http://www.littleguylifting.com/

BrownDog
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BrownDog » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:19 am

LOL

just read what has happening since i was at work

WTF........

Its day 2 of Rahul and my mods ship and we have ment to fix it all???

Track days are cool idea David, there was talk before of doing one at barbagello (poor spelling) at some stage

again both rahul and myself have exams coming up in the next 6 weeks
so as ofey said next year will be big for CCJ (hopefully)

so everyone

NEXT SUNDAY KEEP IT FREE
MODS DONE
Sound System
Exhaust
Tint
Rear Sway Bar

MODS TO DO
Wheels
Lips/ Bodykit
Install in-car LEDs

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:52 am

Hey guys as Matt said we will be slowly doing things up but atm things will be a bit slow cuz of our exams so please bear with us...thanks.... Matt and I are sacrificing our time to set up this cruise/bbq next sunday so please do your utmost to come cuz we want to bring together a harmonious and close knit community and outings/cruises like this help alot.... I have already posted it up on the clubcj WA page so have a look... also me and matt are doing this for the first time so if u think anything we are doing is a bit sus shout us a PM and we can discuss it and try to find ways to better ourselves as Mods.... cheers guys...

~LancerVR~

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:34 am

I didn't say you have to fix it all >.<
Its just, if you thought there should be new mods, I thought you'd want to change things too.

I notice how immediately since becoming mods things have gone from being friendly to 'I don't like your tone' :?
And I'd be careful how quickly you pull the 'I'm busy' excuse :shock:

The first track day was great. We just need to make sure we have numbers for next time. Maybe an EOI before we pick a date? Sigh I'm going to be too broke to participate again :(
And installs, you just have to ask. There'll always be people willing to help (if they know how to help anyway :P).

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:46 am

Don't worry guys, no one expects you to have fixed everything, you haven't even started the 'job' yet! If anything the discussion shows that WA members are excited about the future of the club and want to be involved in it. To my mind, thats better for everyone. The more active we are the easier your job is and the more involved we feel :D

On another note, exams LOL :P:P:P:P (Sorry, I just graduated and I need to make myself feel better about not having a job by picking on people still at uni :D) But seriously, everyone who is doing exams, good luck and just think about how sweet those summer holidays will be :D
Like my car? Follow my fitness blog!

http://www.littleguylifting.com/

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Yes jake we know that always sayin i m busy for a mod is not on but we only said that we wont be as free because of exams we did not say that we are not going to care bout ccj till exams are over.... and yes jake as mods we would have to step in if someone's tone sounds off cuz it would bring down the rest of the community.... Have a look at what u have been saying jake carefully.... u seem to be putting us down and sayin stuff in a very half hearted tone thats y me and matt are being defensive.... after all we are humans too and will bite back if someone seems to have a go at us... this is not a personal attack at u jake.... just need u to think carefully before u post as u dont want ppl to misconstrue u and cause unneccesary trouble.... and david yes we will be tryin 2 plan a track day end of this year hopefully as the last one was heaps of fun.....

~LancerVR~

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:30 pm

Yes boss? :roll:

There was nothing wrong with my tone. I was suggesting ideas to help the state. Obviously thats not welcome. Have fun running everything.

BrownDog
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BrownDog » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:38 pm

We will
MODS DONE

Sound System

Exhaust

Tint

Rear Sway Bar

MODS TO DO

Wheels

Lips/ Bodykit

Install in-car LEDs

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:06 pm

wow, need to lighten up the mood here... getting a bit serious and stuff, that's not the WA way guys, come on! :)

i would just like to share that i purchased my ralliart mudflaps off ebay last week. not sure when they'll get here as they're coming from the UK, but i'm excited :)

at least i will be until i realise i have no idea how to fit them! lol.

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:10 pm

Nah Laura if Jake wants to be like that i m sorry but i m not gna continue entertaining him via this thread i have been nice through all my replies but he wants to snap and have everything his own way i m sorry i m ending it right there and let him do what he wants.... and how much did u pay for em laura?

~LancerVR~

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:20 pm

i'm staying out of it Rahul, i don't want to offend anyone so i'm staying neutral. i couldn't see any of the election stuff anyway so i don't know what went on behind the scenes. i'm sure it'll sort itself out in the end, feelings have gotten a little hurt and that takes time to smooth over...

i paid $146 aussie dollars inc. postage. kinda pricey but i wanted them so all good :)

Return to “Western Australia”