***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

[WA] Chat Thread

Local WA State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:00 am

Then connect it? :P

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:20 am

I'm still alive :P just not as active lol
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Hazy1
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hazy1 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:01 am

like most of the people from WA :D
Live Fast...or...Die Slowly

Mez
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mez » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:58 pm

Glove box is easy enough. Ralliart badge sounds easy enough.
48 grand for a Ralliart sounds pretty close though, think about it. with no special it's about 43-44 grand plus the on road costs if it's brand new with only dealer k's. 750$ extra is a fair deal actually to obtain the Rockford sound system. Sub + Amp + better tweets and mid-bass speakers, not to mention it has a speed - noise compensation built in.

Massaen
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Massaen » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:27 pm

MitsuLove wrote:Had a surprise waiting at the front door for me when i got home today - a "welcome pack" from Mitsu. Bit late, but better late than never :)

Got Ralliart merch (backpack, keyring) and other random stuff including a photo frame. Yes, a photo frame. I guess when they say "love that car" they really want you to - even going so far as to put a pic of it in a frame?

Always nice to get something for nothing anyway, and i got a card which gives me discounts for hotels or something, haven't really looked into it yet.

Must be a week for it... i got 2 (since i have had 2 evos :wink: ) of the evo welcome packs... backpack, 2 key rings, commemorative pin, carbon firbe evo pen, Fancy book called - the Evo Lution theory, plus discount book, picture frame... lots of little stuff
I have a 3 year old son who KNOWS i should drive faster! So why do i get fined?!?

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:12 pm

D'oh. Trust the Evo owners' welcome pack to be slightly better than the RA one Mike! lol. Kinda like the cars themselves (oh ok, maybe the Evo is more than "slightly better" then... :P)

I didn't get the flash pen or an Evo book. Did get all the rest though.

48 grand for a Ralliart sounds pretty close though, think about it. with no special it's about 43-44 grand plus the on road costs if it's brand new with only dealer k's.

you could be right, just sounded excessive considering i paid almost 10 grand less than that for just the car without all the extras. mine was demo with almost 5000km's on it though.

i didn't even ask how much the MMCS & audio were, just assumed they would be too much actually. the dealer didn't even offer it to me anyway, just the extras they make money on (paint protection etc.). typical!

Massaen
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Massaen » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:29 pm

As i have 2 of everything in the pack i am considering selling the extras i don't want...

The pen is full of win - carbon fibre with the evolution logo on it. The book is great as well - it shows the wind tunnel tests, airflow diagrams... all sorts!
I have a 3 year old son who KNOWS i should drive faster! So why do i get fined?!?

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:38 pm

hey guys and girls.... an update on my rims.... so they dont have stock of my rims in an offset of 45 so they had to take off my rims and get it professionally machined by an engineer to the new offset to stop the rubbing.... so i m back on my stockies for the next 2 to 3 weeks and i get new tyres.... so some advice for u guys max u can get for 18 inch rims for our cars is 18x8 with an offset of 45.... anything less n u will hit the guards.... had two options.... customise the current rims or get a different design.... yeah wasnt gonna chge the design cuz i love it to bits.... and i dont have to pay a cent for the new tyres or modifying the rim so its all good.... only bad thing is i m back on stockies for a while....

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:57 pm

good to hear you get to keep the rims Rahul :) they are pretty awesome if i do say so myself (given that i have the same in bronze and all!).

extra good news that it's not going to cost you any extra as well.

don't even know what offset mine are, but whatever it is they don't cause me any issues thankfully.

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:57 pm

i reckon ures are probably 45 or above.... thats y u have no issues.... reckon they probs were experimenting with me n jenn's car.... so now they know n have to fix it at their cost....

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

AOTR
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby AOTR » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:15 pm

i'm still deciding if i want to change to the Image

or stick with my Image and get it machined.

what do you guys reckon?

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:19 pm

I think I like the second one better...

Leez
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Leez » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:19 am

Just came back from the Wildcats game, they thrashed the Shanghai Sharks 95-52 :D Going again tomorrow when they take on the Beijing Ducks :)

A player in the Ducks is HUGE! He is 7"8, tallest basketballer in the world! He dwarfs everyone :P But he is sooooo... slow...

Anyway, Rahul, my parents keep on commenting and saying you're a good driver and always refer to when you got out of the small secondary driveway... What have you done! :P You scored major driving brownie points from them

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:32 am

ahahahahah REALLY?????????? i m honoured lol.... ure parents should tell that to my parents.... my parents hate my driving lol.... i guess this is what u get from driving in singapore lol plus our cars have really big mirrors and i drive a volvo in singapore with small ones so the lancer mirrors are a god send lol...... oh and sorry bout the tyre stain on ure driveway mate.... tell ure parents i m sorry too.... my mate who had a audi q7 is better than me he could do the same in the q7 lol... and speakin of driving today when i was driving back to tech9 tyres with my old rims in teh car... some dumbass bitch filtered into the lane i was halfway changing into due to her not seein a bright red car next to her.... and she and her mate just laughed.... pissed me of even more so gave em the finger... mind u i swerved with two tyres in the back seat n two in the boot so was not a nice sound.....

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:15 am

@Leez: 7'8" is insane! I play bball but I'm only 5'8" so I don't fancy my chances against a giant like that! My best chance would be to run between his legs lol. Are they playing at the new stadium in Perry Lakes?

@Rahul: I feel your pain. Similar thing happened to me when I had my old car. I used to own a fiat and when it went in for a service barbagello's gave me a jag to drive (I know one of the service guys :)). So I decided to go for a spin around town, you know aimless driving in a luxury car, Maccas drive through etc etc :P anyways...I was exiting the round about on mounts bay rd and some clown in a merc, on his mobile no less! :evil: (funny how there are never cops around when you need them) decides he is too busy to check his blind spot and starts merging in on me. I had to jump the curb in order to avoid him hitting the Jag. He did the usual *wave* as if that makes it all better.... I swear we need a new gesture that shows a driver (note that even now a year later I have to refrain from smashing the keyboard and saying things that will get me banned) just how unhappy we are....

Sorry for the rant... :oops:
Like my car? Follow my fitness blog!

http://www.littleguylifting.com/

Return to “Western Australia”