***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Committee statement on QLD meets/events on May 6th & 7th

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Committee statement on QLD meets/events on May 6th & 7th

Postby The X » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:23 pm

Last edited by The X on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Meaty
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Re: Committee statement on QLD meets/events on May 6th &

Postby Meaty » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:34 pm

VRX_Pete wrote:In the grand scheme of things, it really shouldn't matter as no-one has been specifically publically fingered....

i remember saying something along these lines myself a long time ago, and a few decided that although there was no definate finger pointing to take a very defensive stance. to be perfectly honest i still see no harm in original post stating not to do wrong displaying club decals.

FFEEkY
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Re: Committee statement on QLD meets/events on May 6th &

Postby FFEEkY » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Meaty wrote:
VRX_Pete wrote:In the grand scheme of things, it really shouldn't matter as no-one has been specifically publically fingered....

i remember saying something along these lines myself a long time ago, and a few decided that although there was no definate finger pointing to take a very defensive stance. to be perfectly honest i still see no harm in original post stating not to do wrong displaying club decals.

Again, I agree with above. No one was publicly named so the only people who know the whose who we're there and already knew. I see it as the original post that has caused much Kleenex use by some didn't cause harm to anyone. Many other car clubs I frequent have set rules regarding how you drive with club decals. I can see you guys have gone to a lot of effort here, however it really just appears to have been turned into a "storm in a tea cup" situation.
I hope everyone can learn from this, mods, admins, and members alike.
Warning! Mouth often in gear well before brain!

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:27 am

pete said:

In the grand scheme of things, it really shouldn't matter as no-one has been specifically publically fingered and no-one has been punished as result of our investigation.

u know as well as most do pete, that i was pretty well forced to resign over this matter, for as i see it doing my job as qld admin.

and i stand by my original post.
if 5 or 6 cars wear the club decal in a group and drive dangerously it DOES reflect badly on clubcj.

and u are replacing their decals for them?
way to go :(

i will remove mine, there no respect for it anymore from me.

sleeper
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:27 am

sleeper wrote:pete said:

In the grand scheme of things, it really shouldn't matter as no-one has been specifically publically fingered and no-one has been punished as result of our investigation.

u know as well as most do pete, that i was pretty well forced to resign over this matter, for as i see it doing my job as qld admin.

and i stand by my original post.
if 5 or 6 cars wear the club decal in a group and drive dangerously it DOES reflect badly on clubcj.

and u are replacing their decals for them?
way to go :(

i will remove mine, there no respect for it anymore from me.

sleeper

Steve, and for the rest of the club, there's a difference between being forced to resign and feeling the pressure to do so. As a committee, there was no uniform decision that was made regarding your position, that was something that you took into your own hands. That said, you were placed in a very difficult situation.

Further, no one in the committee disagrees with your sentiments over the club's reputation, however, there are protocols in place which allow us to respond to club situations, and not the public lives of our members.

Again, to reiterate the point, as a committee, we DO NOT tolerate illegal and inappropriate behaviour on the roads. It is a reflection of the club, as a whole, not just the individuals. Any member found grossly misbehaving on official club events will be dealt with appropriately.
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

dink2
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby dink2 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:37 am

{removed}

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:57 am

Firstly, in the communications received by the committee, the details which you've raised weren't communicated to us, especially in the specifics you've outlined. So, please feel free to PM me with further details to shed light on the situation. We have only responded to the information that we have been given.

Secondly, be careful not to let your own personal view to get lost in the midst of the situation. This is a lot bigger than simply a few people driving badly, which has made this whole process a lot more difficult for us as a committee (to which I'll openly admit).

Thirdly, to make it clear to everyone, the outcome of all this do not boil down to one member alone, so I would be careful of pointing fingers in the future - especially given this is your first post.
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:59 am

who the hells that?

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:31 am

lol, seems like everyone has more than 1 account on clubcj, we probably only have a coupla hundred real members, heh.

Hunter
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Hunter » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:09 am

dink2 wrote:VRX_Pete,

You seem to have forgotten to mention the 2 incidents involving a member with a white Lancer that almost caused accidents both times. Both these incidents were closer calls and a lot more dangerous than anything else that happened that weekend.

1. He backed out of a car park into full traffic on a very busy road without looking, even though he has a fully functional reverse camera with colour screen.

2. He came to a complete stop with his car half on the road with a 100km/h speed limit. This action caused me to wince as 2 cars had to take some serious evasive action.

In the end, all of this is petty tattle-tale behavior and pretty childish. If only the complaining members had the balls to tell me they did not approve of my driving style, like all other people did after the 2 incidents highlighted above.

I could have at least toned it down on the day, rather than this silly bullshit dragging on for a month. Yet, these complaining members thought the best way to deal with was to have a laugh about it at the time and then do some useless useless complaining after the fact.

Congratulations, white Lancer driver, your petty bullshit cost a great admin his job here on CCJ.

Another 2 incidents, of the white lancers reckless driving almost causing another 2 accidents with other members, where the white lancer attempted to change lanes in the side of both members cars, where both members at the time of the incidents ,had to take extreme evasive action, to not have an accident because of the white lancer.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:26 am

dlink2 & hunter can i say...
There is a distinct difference between incompetent driving and intentional actions taken by individuals to menace others or just show off.
So while your complaints about this white lancer might be quite valid, however, we're are talking about people misbehaving with intent here, not driving behaviour because of poor driving skills.

If you really believe this invdividual's driving skills are that poor and pose a genuine danger to the public, report them to the police. There are processes in place where testing authorities can ask people to show cause why their licence should not be revoked and be required to re-sit a driving test.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

MattyvR
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby MattyvR » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:17 pm

Still fail to see why Sleeper copped so much flack for what he said. From what I could gather, he was only looking after the club by stating that aggressive/dangerous driving will not be tolerated by the club.Then the other admins come along stating the exact same thing, however he shouldn't of said it without their permission?
Quit with all the new accounts and bull****, and let it pass, as long as people know that if it happens again they will be banned from the club.
Just my simple 2c.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:43 pm

@MattyvR:

Tonal intonation is very important.
Phrasing things is also important.
Context is also a necessary consideration.

One other point to note is that the meets discussed were NOT CCJ organised meets.

So say you go on a cruise with JDMST. You boys pump up the volume in the car park. Another fellow member dobs on you to me.
You may well have made too much noise but who am I to tell you off about it?

You may well be carrying a CCJ decal and be an active member here but doesn't give me any power to wave my finger at you.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

dink2
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby dink2 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:47 pm

dink2 wrote:{removed}

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.

Whatever man. All I wanted to say was that my actions were nowhere near as dangerous or anti social as the actions of another person on the cruise. You should hear some of the uncensored opinions I have of this person.
Last edited by dink2 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shaine
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby shaine » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:49 pm

ofey wrote:@MattyvR:

Tonal intonation is very important.
Phrasing things is also important.
Context is also a necessary consideration.

One other point to note is that the meets discussed were NOT CCJ organised meets.

So say you go on a cruise with JDMST. You boys pump up the volume in the car park. Another fellow member dobs on you to me.
You may well have made too much noise but who am I to tell you off about it?

You may well be carrying a CCJ decal and be an active member here but doesn't give me any power to wave my finger at you.

Agree!!
ENJOY!! (cj-black)

Return to “Queensland”