***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

QLD apology

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Sat May 14, 2011 3:32 am

At the end of the day - If a few members want to meet up some place and its done outside of CCJ then thats their business - dont really feel anyone here needs to be a "tell tale" about what people are doing with their cars outside of the club

Nor should any permission technically need to be asked - I guess if you want to have an official Club CJ meet then fine - however anything else (Even if it involves members of this club - is well.. their business

We are all adults here people, Lets start acting like it.
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat May 14, 2011 8:16 am

@ PsyTrix:

I agree completely with what you've said.

There are reasons why we are probing.
As you can appreciate, we need to get the story straight.

sleeper crossed a line with his post. He made an allegation that people were driving quite fast and their road behaviour was out of line.

Both sleeper and the comm agree the tone of his post was unnecessary.
Furthermore, shaine and a few members there at the meet that night said NOTHING illegal took place that night.

I would say that if sleeper's accusation was UNTRUE, then no contest.
However, we owe it to sleeper and his information source to verify what was reported.
He reacted to reports he heard.

At the end of the day we cannot act without evidence.

I hope QLD members do not see it from the same POV as Blakey.
We are NOT attempting to cover up sleeper's reaction.
However, the comm is ensuring fairness to everyone concerned.
Through investigation, we may also uncover worthy candidates to step up to be the next admin/mod of QLD. We'd also be able to see the real worth of people.

So please allow us to do our part now Patrick.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Sat May 14, 2011 9:43 am

Where is this post..... i must have missed it

jerryme
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jerryme » Sat May 14, 2011 10:57 am

PsyTrix wrote:At the end of the day - If a few members want to meet up some place and its done outside of CCJ then thats their business - dont really feel anyone here needs to be a "tell tale" about what people are doing with their cars outside of the club

Nor should any permission technically need to be asked - I guess if you want to have an official Club CJ meet then fine - however anything else (Even if it involves members of this club - is well.. their business

We are all adults here people, Lets start acting like it.

Spot on!

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sat May 14, 2011 5:57 pm

DELETED
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Nick07 » Sat May 14, 2011 10:59 pm

Around July last year, a member of a small club called Anti-lag was caught hooning at over 170km/hr and it was broadcast over multiple forms of media including national television. Now the problem here is that the whole group was branded as being an underground club out to break the rules, however they have over 7000 members and have multiple legal events just like Club cj, but due to one persons actions the club was broadcast in a negative light.

In my opinion, if your car has a club decal on it, then when you drive it you are representing the club and should behave. It's just like when wearing my work uniform, I know that my actions are a reflection of my work place and work colleagues, just like my school uniform from when I was younger.

What you want to do with your car I guess is up to you, but if you are representing a group then you should take into consideration what effects your actions will have on the others.

I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything wrong, but I can see how Steve was trying to come across, even though it may have not come across in the most friendly and correct manner.

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Sun May 15, 2011 8:33 am

lol me thinks this thread has run its course ?
:D I'm back baby! :D
Enkei - HKS - Turbosmart - Cosworth- TMW - Defi - DeatschWerks

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Sun May 15, 2011 9:13 am

I think you're quite right there, Jase.

I'm going to be the all-powerful, distant, and horrible admin. who locks this and closes this up.

A decision regarding Steve's actions will be decided upon in the next few days and an announcement to follow.

Thank you all for your lively discussions. :)
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

Return to “Queensland”