***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

QLD Friday Night Meets are BACK! 25 Feb

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:46 pm

thanks for taking over the meet schedule nick :)

atm i have my plate full with cruises, the major record breaking meet and my trip to europe.

we also have the treasure hunt designed by cass which i havent had time to look over, i probably dont need to, but i was asked to, so any help to keep us busy and interested is a plus :)

what i am saying, i guess, is nick, THANKS :) and we need more member input.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:50 pm

no dramas steve. we have a couple of members that dont like doing big drives / cruises (or in pauls case dont have a car that can do big drives :p )so i'll do my best to keep these going for them and any one else that wants to attend.

i will give people untill tomorrow night to post up ideas on venues and then next week i'll start organising a new meet for april.

ideally i would like 1 or more good spots on the north side so if anyone has suggestions please let me know either on here or pm me. preferably somewhere quiet with good lighting so we wont disturb the public. we already have browns plains for southsiders and another venue at oxley for ipswich / western members. so something inner north would be good. as a rule i will not consider anywhere west of oxley, east of carindale or north of aspley because it limits numbers and people complain about petrol when they're coming from the other side of town. sorry guys

we use to do mt gravatt look out but now we simply have to many people attending to all fit along with the general public.

cheers and i look forward to seeing everyone at the next meet
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,
Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:14 pm

its all good :)

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:44 pm

arutha wrote:ideally i would like 1 or more good spots on the north side so if anyone has suggestions please let me know either on here or pm me. preferably somewhere quiet with good lighting so we wont disturb the public. we already have browns plains for southsiders and another venue at oxley for ipswich / western members. so something inner north would be good. as a rule i will not consider anywhere west of oxley, east of carindale or north of aspley because it limits numbers and people complain about petrol when they're coming from the other side of town. sorry guys

Agreed.... :P

Inner/North Suggestions.... I kow they're shopping complexes, but this provides the space we need, some light, away from homes, and close to some food outlets....

Homezone/Newmarket Shopping complex

Stafford City Shops

There are a few smaller sets of shops around the Chermside area that could be considered too... Near a Nando's for example.... :P
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Harrys' Dinner, Maccas the Gap (so we can do a sprint over the mountains), Riverside Drive.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:22 pm

sprint??, hokay :)

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:27 pm

what about where we meet for cruises bunnings at casledine has a coffee shop there just a thought.

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Tarquin wrote:
Agreed.... :P

Inner/North Suggestions.... I kow they're shopping complexes, but this provides the space we need, some light, away from homes, and close to some food outlets....

Homezone/Newmarket Shopping complex

Stafford City Shops

There are a few smaller sets of shops around the Chermside area that could be considered too... Near a Nando's for example.... :P

the only problem i can foresee with the Windsor local is that Friday nights are old skool meets at harry's IIRC. i'd rather not get to close to an established meet incase they think we're trying to steal some of their thunder. also there are usually a number of idiots that go to those events and i don't think we need them annoying us.

Stafford city defiantly looks like a possible winner. good call Pete

Speedie wrote:Harrys' Dinner, Maccas the Gap (so we can do a sprint over the mountains), Riverside Drive.

Harry's Dinner - read above

Maccas The Gap is a no go for two reasons. 1 the car park isn't big enough to support us and macca's patrons and i'd really like to stay away from the lower carpark. 2. The Gap police station is literally across the road. im not suggesting that we would be doing anything wrong but i'd rather not have everyone defected when the lads come around for a late night sneaky cheese

got a link for riverside drive dan?

whitenight wrote:what about where we meet for cruises bunnings at casledine has a coffee shop there just a thought.

if we have it at bunnings Carseldine i think it would be better to have it over near supercheap and not in bunnings car park. bunnings is open late most nights and again i don't want us to impact on their business as i don't think its a good image for the club. but definitely the other end of the car park is a go. good suggestion Ken

some good ideas so far guys keep them rolling in. i think i'll have to pop out one night and have a look at lighting / accessibility. what does everyone think about having the next meet on the northside? or would we prefer it at either browns plains or Oxley for our ipswichian brethren?

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:19 pm

northside for me :)

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:01 pm

Brookside was the other Northside Shops location I was thinking of too - or 'Dodge City' as I call it, near Settlement Rd. Great Western Super Centre

You could go up and over Upper Kedron area to link back to Samford Rd or up to the Gap then to still be able to do a drive up the hills for a little while... The Brookfield link over Gap Creek Road is a sealed road now too (afaik), so could be good for the Southsiders to get home.... :P
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.

Tarq's Paintshop

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:04 pm

gosh, if u guys are talking after dinner blat, i might even turn up ;)

13EZY
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby 13EZY » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:29 am

there's also the shopping centre on settlement rd at keperra i think.
there's ample parking near the supercheap end, not sure about lighting.
north side sounds good to me for the next meet
"That's page 1, chapter 1 of the petrosexual handbook"
(Lord Clarkson - Series 17 Episode 1)
Ride Of The Month June 2011

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:23 pm

had a look at bunnings carseldine today and there is not much lighting so it might be a bit dark for a night time meet. the great western on settlemnt rd is another possibility i'll add it to my list to check this week.

cheers

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:23 pm

PsyTrix wrote:Love what you've done with your Evo Nic - have ordered the test kit myself!

Oh no , Nic won't be happy with another valdi black evo !
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Frazza
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Frazza » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:33 pm

Black is the new black didn't you know :lol:
MY10 Golf R | 5 Door | Rising Blue Metallic | DSG | MDI | Black 19" Talladega | Motorsport Seats | Bluetooth | Sunroof | RNS510 + DYNAUDIO 300W

Return to “Queensland”