***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Brisbane Friday Night Meet - 26/03/10

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:49 pm

sounds good to me.. Maybe i should take my turbo off and have the 1st NA Evo X :P
:D I'm back baby! :D
Enkei - HKS - Turbosmart - Cosworth- TMW - Defi - DeatschWerks

Frazza
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Frazza » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:56 pm

mr_evo wrote:sounds good to me.. Maybe i should take my turbo off and have the 1st NA Evo X :P

You can drive the ES loaner i have, i'm sure you will change your mind and leave the turbo on, LOL
MY10 Golf R | 5 Door | Rising Blue Metallic | DSG | MDI | Black 19" Talladega | Motorsport Seats | Bluetooth | Sunroof | RNS510 + DYNAUDIO 300W

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:19 pm

Frazza wrote:
mr_evo wrote:sounds good to me.. Maybe i should take my turbo off and have the 1st NA Evo X :P

You can drive the ES loaner i have, i'm sure you will change your mind and leave the turbo on, LOL

I hope you're not making fun of the ES's out there :oops:

*... one can only dream ... sigh ...*
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

Frazza
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Frazza » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:31 pm

86MIM wrote:
Frazza wrote:

I hope you're not making fun of the ES's out there :oops:
*... one can only dream ... sigh ...*

Hey Kym you know what, the ES is a good car. It's the first time i have driven one and it is really a good thing, even the CVT has it's good points. Around town and in traffic the CVT rocks, it's only when you sink the boot in it's not real flash. But anyone who has a base model shouldn't feel bad because they are a nice car to drive.

At my work we own Holden & Nissan dealerships and i can tell you now that the POV pack cars in both brands are crap.

GO THE ES!!!!!!!!!! :D
MY10 Golf R | 5 Door | Rising Blue Metallic | DSG | MDI | Black 19" Talladega | Motorsport Seats | Bluetooth | Sunroof | RNS510 + DYNAUDIO 300W

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:53 pm

I'm not dissing a Es, my sister has a 2010 ES and my other sister has a 09 Aspire... Sometimes i would prefer a NA car over a turbo one, as it costs me $75 to fill up the car, petrol is usually around $1.40 a litre, the cheapest ive had it was $1.33per litre

Ash
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Ash » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:03 pm

arutha wrote:well it seems that more and more people are hearing about our friday night meets. Trent from Mercury Motorsport will be attending to talk shit with us and to answer any questions people have.

any RA / EVO owners i would really suggest you try and make this meet if you have any questions at all because these are the guys that are currently tuning my car over the 300kw mark and they also happen to be one of the only shops in australia that have pulled apart an sst box. *looks at paul*

NA lancer owners wont miss out either. might be worth talking to trent about what parts can be pinched from the RA and installed into an NA car such as cams, throttle bodies etc etc.

mods this isn't some sort of sly sales gimick so you don't have to worry
about none site sponsors trying to sell stuff through the forums. this is strictly a Q&A session for the benifit of forum members.

Does that mean I have to share my Evo ride through the tunnel now? how sad :( lol jks :)
ClubCJ's Provider of LOLZ - CCJ Lifetime Member #0026.

Functional can GTFO :lol:

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:11 pm

someone can ride with me if they want, but you'll have to be in the back seat, my missus rides shotgun ;)

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Frazza wrote:Hey Kym you know what, the ES is a good car. It's the first time i have driven one and it is really a good thing, even the CVT has it's good points. Around town and in traffic the CVT rocks, it's only when you sink the boot in it's not real flash. But anyone who has a base model shouldn't feel bad because they are a nice car to drive.

At my work we own Holden & Nissan dealerships and i can tell you now that the POV pack cars in both brands are crap.

GO THE ES!!!!!!!!!! :D

I know the ES is a good car, wouldn't have bought it if I didn't think so :) Just don't forget about us little people LOL :P I've driven the CVT before - not really my thing, prefer the straight manual myself, but it was still comfortable. Still need to experience an evoX myself, the time will come :) PS. Thanks for the "correction of spelling" LOL... I didn't see it.

mr_evo wrote:someone can ride with me if they want, but you'll have to be in the back seat

I much prefer driving :lol:

Look forward to Friday in any case - I'll actually clean the car this time ... If I'm alive enough on Thursday.
kii

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:42 pm

I'll take you for a bash in my X if you want

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:27 pm

after fixing my boost leak today i had forgotten how amazing turbo's are. so much fun when you go to change lanes...plant it...all 4 wheels break traction but somehow despite the smoke and noise you are still accelerating like a nerd towards a star trek convention (sorry seems ryan is starting to rub off on me) lol

don't worry ash you still have front side for the tunnel run. pretty sure trent will take his own car. thankfully his 900hp gtr is in the shop. something about wanting more power. crazy i tells ya.
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,
Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 pm

mr_evo wrote:I'll take you for a bash in my X if you want

could be a go-er :)
kii

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:30 pm

i think i'll be needing a new clutch soon :P

Ash
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Ash » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:53 pm

arutha wrote:after fixing my boost leak today i had forgotten how amazing turbo's are. so much fun when you go to change lanes...plant it...all 4 wheels break traction but somehow despite the smoke and noise you are still accelerating like a nerd towards a star trek convention (sorry seems ryan is starting to rub off on me) lol

don't worry ash you still have front side for the tunnel run. pretty sure trent will take his own car. thankfully his 900hp gtr is in the shop. something about wanting more power. crazy i tells ya.

Siiiick. I better *Shakes Fist*

lolz just joking. :)

Is it Friday yet? I am over this week already! Grrr.

Frazza
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Frazza » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:13 pm

I'll take ya Ash, although not quite sure what i'll turn up in, won't be the EVO thats for sure :?

Ash
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Ash » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:19 pm

Jeez I am getting offers left right and centre to go for a ride in people's cars!

What do you think I am! lol joking :P

Return to “Queensland”