***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

New and Ammended Road Laws - effective 12th Oct

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Paggsy
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

New and Ammended Road Laws - effective 12th Oct

Postby Paggsy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:33 pm

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:03 pm

Wowee its gonne be illegal to have a kid under 7 in the front seat, assuming the car in question has a backseat. Theres gonna be a LOT of ticketing for that one I rekon... 3dmrt points for it too!

$40 fine for using fog lights in clear conditions..I'll be guilty of that every now and again, I like to use them on twisty roads, they stretch out further sideways (range roads etc, not busy roads)

Haha they fine you for leaving your windows open more than 5cm

The dividing line one is obvious enough, I never even knew you could cross it to do u turns lol

2 demerit points for not using an effing slip lane!! where the hell r the cops gonna take that from? I mean what, are you required the enter the slip lane as soon as possible, or are you allowed to enter the slip lane at the last possible second, what?
like, it says from a multilane road, so its not just the 'turn left at any time with care' slip lanes you get whilst turning onto a multilane road, its the ones with the big <--| arrows saying 'turn left here' lol...

3 demerits for driving over a 'painted island' for more than 50 meters, ok, easy enough.

A new "bicycle storage area" between two stop lines before traffic lights - vehicles must stop at the first stop line, bikes at the second stop line. Massive fines for vehicles crossing and stopping at the second stop line, $300 and 3dmrt pts!

With radar detectors - While they're illegal, they're fairly easy to get lol. Police have equipment called an RDD however, radar detector detector, and they can detect if you are using one. Its now been made illegal to have one in the trailer - someone must have been imaginative along the line hahahah

When parallel parking, you MUST now face the same direction of traffic, its a $40 fine. New thing, wasnt illegal before, i thought it was.

Pedestrians can now be fined for walking WITH the traffic. lol, absurd... anyway, if you're out walking, running, etc, you must do so on the right side, against the flow of traffic.

Some funny ones, some stupid ones. lol

Eagle
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Eagle » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:10 am

Josh_Emerton wrote:Wowee its gonne be illegal to have a kid under 7 in the front seat, assuming the car in question has a backseat. Theres gonna be a LOT of ticketing for that one I rekon... 3dmrt points for it too!

Revenue raising again lol

Josh_Emerton wrote:$40 fine for using fog lights in clear conditions..I'll be guilty of that every now and again, I like to use them on twisty roads, they stretch out further sideways (range roads etc, not busy roads)

I didn't know the old law only referred to rear fog lights haha!

Josh_Emerton wrote:Haha they fine you for leaving your windows open more than 5cm

I can understand this one; but it's sad that they have to fine you for not having common sense (the new law states that when you park and "secure" your vehicle, you can have your window open up to 5cm)

Josh_Emerton wrote:The dividing line one is obvious enough, I never even knew you could cross it to do u turns lol

Agreed haha

Josh_Emerton wrote:2 demerit points for not using an effing slip lane!! where the hell r the cops gonna take that from? I mean what, are you required the enter the slip lane as soon as possible, or are you allowed to enter the slip lane at the last possible second, what?
like, it says from a multilane road, so its not just the 'turn left at any time with care' slip lanes you get whilst turning onto a multilane road, its the ones with the big <--| arrows saying 'turn left here' lol...

I think this is to avoid people cutting in and turning at the last second. (eg. exiting a motorway etc.)

Josh_Emerton wrote:3 demerits for driving over a 'painted island' for more than 50 meters, ok, easy enough.

That was the old law; they've now just let us do a few more things as well.

Josh_Emerton wrote:With radar detectors - While they're illegal, they're fairly easy to get lol. Police have equipment called an RDD however, radar detector detector, and they can detect if you are using one. Its now been made illegal to have one in the trailer - someone must have been imaginative along the line hahahah

Haha, that's what I thought!

Josh_Emerton wrote:When parallel parking, you MUST now face the same direction of traffic, its a $40 fine. New thing, wasnt illegal before, i thought it was.

Agreed, I thought it WAS illegal ha!

Josh_Emerton wrote:Pedestrians can now be fined for walking WITH the traffic. lol, absurd... anyway, if you're out walking, running, etc, you must do so on the right side, against the flow of traffic.

Again, I thought this already was a law, but it's interesting that they've put it in this section.

Return to “Queensland”