***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

QLD: Car Show N Shine - Sunday 29 October 2017 - Goodna Jacaranda Festival

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

QLD: Car Show N Shine - Sunday 29 October 2017 - Goodna Jacaranda Festival

Postby turbogirl » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Hey all,

It's been awhile but I'm keen to see who is interested in attending an event, after all, this club is made by what we are prepared to put in to it, and that involves supporting each other and attending events.

Last year I organsied the Show n Shine Event as part of the 3 day Goodna Jacaranda Festival, the car show n shine being on the Sunday. It was a huge success all round though a disappointing turn out CJ wise (even with a best CJ trophy up for grabs and Club CJ sponsoring the event). Many reasons can be tossed about as to why or who is to blame but past is past and cant be changed. It's up to the current members to show support if more meets, events and cruises are wanted.

To start this off, I'm willing (with or without Committee backing) to back (myself if need be) a BEST CJ LANCER trophy and offer a runners up prize/giveaway to encourage attendance and a 2 CJ's entry for the price of 1 (Club CJ username to be provided to verify, bonus point for ClubCJ member decal displayed).

If in 2015 we could blow the other states out with 48 CJ Lancers at a National Co-ordinated meet (when Vic got 28 and NSW 17) I think we can pull together and get a few CJ's together, even if I have to offer bribes ;-P.

My phone number and event email address below. Feel free to contact me, if I don't answer leave a message (or text) I will get back to you, I work sales and can't always answer my phone.

Event details:
Car Show n Shine on Sunday 29 October 2017

Details:
• Entry: $5.00
• Gates open at 6.30 am
• Car Show and Shine 9.00 - 2.00pm - Open to all vehicles of all makes and models.
• Results of judging and trophy presentation on main stage 12.30ish
• Entry via Woogaroo Street Goodna into Evan Marginson Park (corner of Church and Woogaroo St
o take the first exit at roundabout on Church Street and turn right into car park - attendants will direct from there as entry to field is via pedestrian pathway).

There will be Trophies and awards (more details leading up to the event), professional photographer and lucky door prize giveaways throughout the day as well as several car related businesses with stalls.

An estimated 350 generous sized car spots on the day, Club Group bookings available otherwise it will be a first in first served on the day!

For Club bookings and car related businesses that want to promote, be involved in anyway or donate prizes on the day please contact Jade on 0425 209 790 or email carshow@goodnajacarandafestival.com

This is a community event, NO mis-behavior will be tolerated and will result in offenders being asked to leave.

Last years Facebook Car Show n Shine link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1217445 ... d%22%7D%7D

Festival page Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/Goodna.Jacaranda.Festival/

Festival Webpage link: https://goodnajacarandafestival.com/

Car Show n Shine Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/5024442 ... y%22%3A%22[%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22page%5C%22%2C%5C%22mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22page_upcoming_events_card%5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A[]%7D]%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D

Car Show n Shine Webpage link: https://goodnajacarandafestival.com/car-show/
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: QLD: Car Show N Shine - Sunday 29 October 2017 - Goodna Jacaranda Festival

Postby bumblebee » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:06 am

Man if i had any holidays left up my sleeve i would gladly do the 2 day drive to get there and goto this

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:27 pm

Thanks for the enthusiasm bumblebee :-)
turbogirl

Member's Liaison Officer

Executive Team

In debt and loving it

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:25 am

Bumblebee this festival will be October 26,27,28 the Sunday is always the car show n shine event. Early start, they start rolling in from 6.30 all in position by 9.00, judging and trophies announced on main stage around 12. Photos back at cars with winnners and trophies then everyone files out.

The last two have been scoarcher days though I was sweating it this year as we had weeks of solid rain then beautiful full sun, blue skies on the Sunday.

I'll be putting a few volunteers together early next year to help me with organising too , it's far to much for me to organise on my own (I get a stack of prizes and giveaways for the day, trophies, stall holders etc) and I totally overcommit myself and lack sleep as it's a manic time of year for my line of work at that time too.
So if your interested and as your moving here ..... hint, hint :-P
turbogirl

Member's Liaison Officer

Executive Team

In debt and loving it

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:51 am

Im certainly very keen
I will put it in my calendar now