***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

[QMD Official] Workshop Day and Social! Sat 19th July 2014

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

megatron
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

[QMD Official] Workshop Day and Social! Sat 19th July 2014

Postby megatron » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Sorry for the late notice Guys & Gals

Where: Mr CDR/AK Racing; 3/3-5 Deakin St, Brendale, 4500.
When: Saturday 19/07/14.
Time: 10:00am - 3:00pm

It's everyone's favourite time of the year - TAX TIME! What better way is there to spend this time (and money) than to spend it working on your car or other peoples' cars in a day filled with fun and adventure!

Alan Wu of AK Racing has been kind enough to provide the venue for this and with plenty of parking and room available, there shouldn't be any issues with overcrowding (unless we get about a hundred cars showing up). If you're interested in new parts for your car, be sure to chat to Alan and/or Keith about it while you're there.

Bring along bits and pieces that you'd like fitted, fixed or checked out and chances are there will be at least one person there who has absolutely no idea how to fit it, but will do it anyway. Anything ranging from suspension swaps (I ~may~ have access to spring compressors this time - I'll keep you all updated), brake upgrades and intercoolers and piping, to basic servicing and fluid changes, interior swaps and audio installs can happen at a workshop day. Be sure to bring some tools along, too - just not the bogan kind.

Even if you don't have anything you want or need done to your car, come along anyway and lend a hand to the people who do. The best way to get to know a person is to help them work on their car and share the same feeling of accomplishment when the job is done and nothing blows up.

QMD will be providing food and drinks on the day for a small donation. If you'd like to bring along stuff of your own or have certain dietary requirements (food allergies, hulk muscle building diet or the Kate Moss Weight Loss diet), please let us know so that we can either arrange for something that you can eat/drink and don't have truckloads of leftover food to take home.

The gates should be open from 10:00am onwards for people to cruise on in. Just be sure not to do anything to warrant attention from police, as there have been instances in the past where this has happened. There will be people walking around in the venue throughout the day, so drive carefully to avoid a butt-print in your bonnet.

You're welcome to bring friends and family along if they're interested in seeing what we do or want some help. We hope to see you all there!

1. megatron
2. sleeper
3. turbogirl
4. el3ment
5. mitch
6. evil ralliart
Last edited by megatron on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:37 pm

i got a clamp i cant reach, so coming at ya :)
and i wouldnt mind dropping my coils 5 or 6 mm.
Last edited by sleeper on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:38 pm

I'm in as have puddle lights I need installed also DRL's if time and someone willing to help me out.

I will bring my cleaning gear :-)

I will be there early as have a dinner party to attend.
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:35 pm

Might come and say hi...@Jade..for the life of me i cant remember what we had to do to your car to finish it off? Was it the steering wheel Carbon overlay?

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:31 pm

surprised you haven't automatically added me Alan. Since you wanna raid my RA for parts. lol
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:07 pm

...oh you had to have it on the weekend I work, didn't ya! :-(
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:14 pm

I am in want to install new fire extinguisher in the boot so thought i would do when i have friends around but havent got any screws that would be right to fit

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:07 pm

Mitch wrote:I am in want to install new fire extinguisher in the boot so thought i would do when i have friends around but havent got any screws that would be right to fit

Nothing bunnings can't fix :)
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:12 pm

el3ment wrote:[quote:9939f770ae=Mitch]I am in want to install new fire extinguisher in the boot so thought i would do when i have friends around but havent got any screws that would be right to fit[/quote:9939f770ae] Nothing bunnings cant fix :)
true

efod3
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby efod3 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:24 pm

Damn I wish I could make this... I have 500kw ATW to install, should be a breeze.

megatron
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby megatron » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:43 am

excellent turn out and we got heaps done.

thanks everyone that helped out

Return to “Queensland”