***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Committee statement on QLD meets/events on May 6th & 7th

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

El-Diablo
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby El-Diablo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:08 pm

I have been following the thread with interest and would like to comment. I find the continued use of the terms "policing" of club members at official events to be quite offensive and well outside the bounds of what a club should be about.

If people act outside of the accepted rules of behaviour on club events or here in the forums then they should be given fair warning and their membership cancelled.

The committee needs to take into consideration the legal implications of the types of comments being made in this thread. If the club is implying a responsibility to ensure its members behave when on "official" club events and "policing" those who don't then I would be very wary that it could be argued in the event of a member on an official event being involved in an accident the club could be open to litigation.

I would certainly seek legal advice or make sure this is covered under the clubs public liability insurance if we have any.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:28 pm

@ Rob:
Thanks for chiming in.

Precisely what I've been saying.
We CANNOT "police" the members behaviour.

The club is NOT in any way implying any responsibility of member's behaviour. So an admin commenting on a NON-official club event is assuming a responsibility we should NOT be getting involved in.

At official club events,we need to be careful also about the level of involvement the club is opened to. I think Nick can chime in soon to comment about what he's put into the constitution. I'm pretty sure there's something there WRT this.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:45 pm

i have never "policed" anybody, i have never mentioned 1 name.

now, can we let this thread sink?

obviously its becoming circular.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Return to “Queensland”