***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

QLD apology

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

13EZY
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby 13EZY » Thu May 12, 2011 8:03 pm

and perhaps leave the thread open for discussion?
"That's page 1, chapter 1 of the petrosexual handbook"
(Lord Clarkson - Series 17 Episode 1)
Ride Of The Month June 2011

ianmartin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ianmartin » Thu May 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Ok well i didnt see the original thread. But i am assuming it had something to do with club members doing something they shouldnt have.

If this is the case then by all means they deserve a kick in the ass, left out the r and e so i dont get one lol.

And yes being a previous business owner with company vehicles, people do take notice and do ring you or complain somehow.

A tongue lashing or automatic expulsion, you be the judge. But i would rather stay.

So in essence, if you are a club member then we do have a responsibility to prove to others that we are responsible. Well at least when we are not on a track. hehehehe

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu May 12, 2011 8:17 pm

ianmartin wrote:Ok well i didnt see the original thread. But i am assuming it had something to do with club members doing something they shouldnt have.

Perhaps you need to ask the question if the club members actually did what they were said to be doing?

Don't assume.

You need to ask the right questions
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Thu May 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Bingo Ofey.

On top of that, even if it was true that there was someone doing the wrong thing, there is a way to deal with the situation.

Would you as a business owner stand out at the front of your employees and yell at the top of your lungs, or would you talk to them calmly and explain the situation and consequences?

I know which one would make the better and more respected business owner, and would get the results.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu May 12, 2011 8:32 pm

It wasn't my intention to profile the "owner".

Just to highlight that ian is making a huge assumption and it has to be pointed out there was NO actual racing.

If I was one of the people on that cruise I wouldn't want to be accused of something I didn't do. I doubt ian would want that either.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Thu May 12, 2011 8:44 pm

Nor was I Ofey, it was not my intention for it to come across like that.

Just trying to put it into perspective :)

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Thu May 12, 2011 9:03 pm

all i can see is more and more people making assumptions, rather then actually knowing. Hell Steve wasn't even in the country that i know at the time of this what gave him the right to accuse people of doing something he had no idea of??

NOT TO MENTION THE PERSON THAT SNITCHED POSSIBILITIES IT TO HIM!!

Omg that guy might be doing something bad, ill go make everyone not like me :lol:
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

Kimmy
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Kimmy » Thu May 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself Shane :) (this is why you were such a good admin!!!)
(cj-grey)Ride of the Month April 2011
My ride thread: Click here!
My garage: Click here!

ianmartin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ianmartin » Thu May 12, 2011 9:36 pm

Well in actual fact people i didn't make any assumption that anyone was racing, just that someone or some members were doing something wrong, or what can be perceived as wrong. Which must have contravened some club rule of some sort.

And on my second line i did say ( If this is the case ). Again i didn't assume, im just stating an opinion and a view on something that is affecting people on here. If they didn't then they have no need for concern.

And as a previous business owner, i would single that person or people out at a meeting. This i would do to let those know that hadn't been at fault that they are not in the deep end. As in this case rules would be clear and simple.

They would have strips tore off them individually and probably in private depending on the severity of the breech. But certainly it would be aired for all to realize that those responsible were named and shamed.

But again this is my opinion on the breaking of rules that can affect others.

However opinions are like bums, we all have them its just that some stink more than others.

But we all have the right to air them.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu May 12, 2011 9:50 pm

ianmartin wrote:Well in actual fact people i didn't make any assumption that anyone was racing, just that someone or some members were doing something wrong, or what can be perceived as wrong. Which must have contravened some club rule of some sort.

Ermm and I was simply pointing out that to the best of my knowledge from the reports we got, nothing wrong was done nor crime committed.

ianmartin wrote:And on my second line i did say ( If this is the case ). Again i didn't assume, im just stating an opinion and a view on something that is affecting people on here. If they didn't then they have no need for concern.

So you're saying even if something didn't happen, Just let someone mouth off?
Interesting.
It'd be like the proverbial mad man screaming at the sun?

ianmartin wrote:However opinions are like bums, we all have them its just that some stink more than others. But we all have the right to air them.

That would set a very dangerous precedence.
If you think about it, it's what got us here in the first place.
No basis apparently, just word of mouth but simply because we have the right to air them, others have to put up with it.

Much like smokers.
I don't smoke but because others do, I have to put up with it. They are entitled to the same air as me but I have to share their smoke.

I wonder if you've heard of this one:
The product of a smoker's pleasure is smoke. The same smoke gets into my hair and clothes simply because another is given the right to smoke.

I am a drinker, the product of my drinking is piss. I too have a right to drink but does that mean I can piss all over whomever in my vicinity?

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Thu May 12, 2011 10:02 pm

<deleted>

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:10 pm

DELETED

Meaty
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Meaty » Thu May 12, 2011 10:15 pm

Blakey wrote:....but no he goes completely off his nutter with no proper info besides something someone wrote...

but it wasnt completely off his nutter is was rather matter of fact.

Blakey wrote:....Hell Steve wasn't even in the country that i know at the time of this what gave him the right to accuse people of doing something he had no idea of...

Again i dont recall he mentioned any names or accused anyone, it was simply matter of fact, do wrong and you get punished.

Without trying to be your enemy blake i am yet to see you contribute a constructive post in any reply i have read of yours.

ianmartin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ianmartin » Thu May 12, 2011 10:22 pm

No im not actually saying that at all. This is where threads and text messages get annoying. You cant read a persons emotions or feelings.

The point im trying to raise is, that if this did happen and yes i assumed something happened, because a big thing has been made of it. If it did happen, them naming and shaming is a must. If not for any other reason than to save face for those not involved in the action.

Also the person making the accusation should also be put up there for scrutiny. It may seem like im an a---h--e. But im a pretty straight up person and abruptly sometimes.

Again as i said, forums are hard to explain what you are saying. But i stand by naming and shaming if they are responsible.

Now i don't drink or smoke, but have done both in the past. And yes i have pissed on people and vomited on them. I have also blown smoke over them and sometimes on purpose lol.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu May 12, 2011 10:24 pm

OK guys, lets lay off ianmartin.
He made a valid point.
Now we're just nit picking.

Any more off topic shenanigans, and i'm deleting....
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

Return to “Queensland”