***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Vic meet up end of April 2018

Local Victorian State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Vic meet up end of April 2018

Postby Mooman » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:47 pm

When: The last weekend in April, Sun 29th starting 11:00am. Important as many Victorian Lancer owners attend so we can discuss future plans for how to improve and grow therefore the date will remain flexible to guarantee the largest turn out.

Where: BP Eastlink Southbound. A neutral location based on current active member replies that can be accessed either from Eastlink toll road or freely from Dalmore Drive off Ferntree Gully Road. Has a big car park and attached fast food restaurants have plenty of seating where we can congregate if weather is adverse.

At this stage this is just a proposal and is open to anyone who owns a CJ/CF Lancer regardless of model, all are welcome from a stock ES to a highly modified Evo X.

If you have any issues with the scheduling please reply so that we can all come to an agreement that will ensure the most of us can attend.

Special request: If anyone is a member of either the Lancer Facebook group or Auslancer (or any other Lancer focused group) and feels comfortable doing so can they extend an olive branch and see if we can get some more Lancer owners to attend? (Once details are more set in stone) The more people we can get the easier it will be to try future events such as tuning days, regular meets, merchandise or even track days etc.

Thanks all.

Edit: Adjusted meet time and date.
Last edited by Mooman on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: Vic meet up end of April 2018

Postby sarusa » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:50 pm

Sounds good Saturday or Sunday, say starting 8 30 to 9 30 AM. Maybe at Maccas Eltham!

Give everyone time to plan their time. Can be cancelled if there are no other starters.
Last edited by sarusa on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

benyamin
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby benyamin » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Sunday is better for me, but Saturday would be ok too depending on times...
MY09 VRX one of these: (cj-sb-red)

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:54 pm

sarusa wrote:Maybe at Maccas Eltham!

Maccas Eltham is ok for both of us but as the majority of members are in the south east and east it would be unfair to ask them to trek there.

If it's too far see if you can find someone to drive your car there for you as it would be good to have a row of CJ's. At the very least I can give you a lift so you're there and can meet the other members.

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:14 am

We'll lock in Sunday the 29th of April at 9:00am.

As you may have seen from other threads there is the idea to incorporate the club in the state of Victoria. This meeting will be a good opportunity to get more info on what that entails and to be able to have a chat about how we may proceed towards that.

The more Victorian CJ/CF owners we can get to this meeting the easier it will be to decide on our next step. I ask that if you are in Vic to respond to this thread so we can get a better idea of the numbers. It doesn't matter if you can't attend as any important discussions will be carried onto this forum.

So save the date, get your camera ready and let's showcase these beautiful cars.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:19 am

You have the when now set the where by the end of next week. If Eltham I'm in.

Give everyone time to plan their time. Can be cancelled if there are no other starters.

jason.adamopoulos
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby jason.adamopoulos » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:55 pm

I'm in the south east, in mulgrave! Eltham is pretty far from us lol
I'd be happy to come down for the meet :)

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:57 am

Awesome good to see interest is building.

I have set the meet at the BP Southbound as link in first post shows as that is approximately in the middle of all potential attendees and will suit our purposes.

sarusa wrote:If Eltham I'm in.
It definitely won't be at Maccas Eltham, sorry Sarusa but I don't see that as ever being a viable location for larger meets (see my other posts for options).

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:25 am

That's fine. Where is BP Soouthbound located?

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:27 am

Click on the link in first post it will open up a Google map window.

If you have an etag you can get to it via the exit just after Ferntree Gully road on Eastlink, car park is round to left. If your coming from Ferntree Gully road you can enter from Carribean Drive and turn left into Dalmore Drive then follow round to petrol station, car park is round to right.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:05 pm

Bit far over for me. Will try to make it!

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:00 am

2 weeks to go! Now's the time to raise any issues or questions regarding the scheduling or location as go time is fast approaching.

Don't worry if you don't know anyone, we're all in the same boat as Club CJ is rebuilding. It will be a great time to meet the people behind the posts and have a chance to check out each others cars.

Even if your car is stock and you intend to keep it that way your more than welcome to attend, Club CJ isn't just about the modding scene it's for anyone who own a CJ/CF Lancer and wants to know more.

Viking
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Viking » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:05 pm

Put me down as a "maybe". 09:00 on a Sunday is too damned early.

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:19 am

It is possible to set a different start time but we would need a consensus by at least the end of tomorrow (1 week out).

Changing the time could have a significant knock-on effect as not everyone logs in everyday or anyone who could be going will post a reply and may already be basing plans around the initial schedule.

We are a small group and the difference between a successful meet and a failure could be measured by just one person so it is important we can find a mutually agreeable time, probably something that should have been brought up much earlier.

If you can please reply to this thread with a time window you can attend on Sunday, April the 29th and if we can find common ground by tomorrow evening then a new time will be set. If not enough replies or consensus it will stay as 9am or potentially cancelled.

benyamin
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby benyamin » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:07 am

Anytime Sunday during daylight for me, but would prefer a bit later too... 11am or 1pm would suit me best.

Might be an idea to send out a PM to Vic members to get some notifications emailed out. Maybe aspir3 can help?
MY09 VRX one of these: (cj-sb-red)

Return to “Victoria”