***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Show of hands in Vic for meet/cruise

Local Victorian State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Show of hands in Vic for meet/cruise

Postby Mooman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:50 am

Just want to get an idea of who/how many people in Victoria would be interested in a meet up or cruise. If the club wants to grow and expand again it really needs to get back into the physical world.

If there is enough interest (at least 4 people?) and no objections I'd be happy enough to put together a cruise itinerary, know some good and fun roads around the Kinglake and Healsville region as well as some places to stop for lunch etc.

I'm in the North East (Templestowe) but would be happy enough to set an itinerary anywhere dependent on where people live.

If interested leave a 'yes' reply with area you live (or area happy to cruise to) and we'll go from there.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Show of hands in Vic for meet/cruise

Postby aspir3 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:16 am

I have no issues with organising a cruise or meet. Forget about some of the rules. We don't have a Victorian moderator so I'm happy for a member to do it.
Please just behave and remember you are representing the club and Lancer community

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Commonsense for win

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:23 pm

bumblebee wrote:Commonsense for win

Is that still coming pre-installed? or is it available for download somewhere?

I'm in Lynbrook in the South East, usually go out most weekends and do family stuff, so if there is a cruise or a meet I could possibly swing by with enough notice to she who must be obeyed :lol: .
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:10 pm

I wish it was a university course. I work with a few people who could benefit immensely from doing it

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:05 pm

For a first run I'm thinking a loop of the Yarra ranges and the Dandenongs would work best, it's a good drive and fairly central for most people.

Google map of potential cruise

Basically start at Officer McDonalds off Princes Highway and make way to Warburton, stop to regroup. Then travel back to and over Mount Dandenong, stopping at the reservoir lookout or up at Sky High lookout. Finishing up at Grants picnic grounds in Kallista where people can make their own way home.

There are a few options for lunch, Warburton bakery which has good pies and baked goods, Destiny Point cafe near the Silvan Dam lookout on Mount Dandenong or the cafe at Grants picnic grounds plus many other options inbetween.

It's about a 2 hour drive broken into one hour legs. AFL grand final is Sat. 30th Sep. so there are a few options before then, dependent on availability, either Sat 16th/Sun 17th or Sat 23/Sun 24th (no real preference for Sat or Sun).

Once there is enough interest we can lock in a date and set a meeting time.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:25 pm

this sounds awesome, would love for a meetfor any sydney siders!
We are all in it for the fun!

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:05 am

Photos and or videos of it would be nice. Maybe whack it.up on YouTube so we can all see it

hoanglamle
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby hoanglamle » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi, im new and just bought a lancer, still stock but im working on it but im interested in meeting new friends.... if im welcome that is ahahahha

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:03 am

If it stock as a rock or modded you will be most welcome

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:43 am

As long as you have a CJ/CF lancer your welcome, only condition is you obey the rule of commonsense.

aspir3 wrote:Please just behave and remember you are representing the club and Lancer community

Final route details (a few different starting points dependent on participants) and date can't be set until enough members (3-4 would be ok, many more would be exceptional) have stated interest.

If your reading this and want to go but haven't replied please do, and if your not yet a member of the forum sign up for a free account. The more people we can get the more photos and videos will be taken and the greater the likelihood of future meets and cruises, I'm more than happy to organize them on a monthly or by-monthly basis but it all depends on the success of this first effort.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:11 am

I suggest you start a new thread with clear dates, times and locations. Much easier and clearer

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:01 pm

Hi Mooman, Problem for me is starting and ending points are nearly as long as the cruise!

Recent cruise by another lancer club was carried out successfully. Starting from MacDonald's Eltham,up through ST: Andrews to Kinglake
an interesting and mildly challenging run and from there you can pick your mark. Challenging and or interesting in all directions.
Down to Healsville for instance, or Yarra Glen to Christmas Hills and back to Eltham. For just a short cruise back down to Whittlesea and on your way back to inner suburbia and home

I didn't attend that run as it was a night time cruise. My preference is a day time gathering Saturday or Sunday from 8.30am or 9.30am Just a meet and greet, check and discuss each others chariots, food and a chat and for those that want to, a cruise up to Kinglake and beyond.

You can count me as a starter for this. Put me at the back of the bunch, bit slow at 84. yo tat is!!! :D

Great to see someone that can take this sort of thing up for the club! Wish you every success.

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Going to start a new thread as suggested, did a test run and have modified route.

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=19432

sarusa wrote:Hi Mooman, Problem for me is starting and ending points are nearly as long as the cruise!

I hear you there, would love to do a northern area run (so many good options Whittlesea, Yea, Seymour etc.) but decided to go for Dandenongs as a first attempt as it's a good halfway for South East and North.

If your up for it I have been thinking of doing a mid week cruise, I'm usually driving around those areas on my own anyway.

Return to “Victoria”