***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

My Evo X has been stolen guys - help!!! Victoria

Local Victorian State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

lathiat
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby lathiat » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:49 pm

taking your keys to bed with you is not necessarily better, they'll just come and assault you to get the keys instead.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:18 pm

With modern security on car so good thief's have taken to car jacking and B&E to get keys and take cars.

Silly question but my VRX has keyless start but often I'll leave the radio on while someone else waits in the car taking the key fob with me, no one should be able to start the car right? Also with carjackings when the car is running how long before it turns off when the key fob is not in range?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:12 pm

car will never auto turn off on key less entries no matter how far away.
if it stalls or the user turns the engine off out of range they will not be able to start it.

modern security is only good enough to deter the generic thieves. you can buy\\build systems that can intercept keyfob unlock\\lock signals.
and there are devices out there that can start specific vehicles via the OBD interface. (BMW has had this flaw in the past)

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:29 pm

yeah, it wont stop unless its turned off, i guess thats to get them far enough away so your not shot for the key
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:32 pm

sleeper wrote:yeah, it wont stop unless its turned off, i guess thats to get them far enough away so your not shot for the key

I was shocked to learn this when Dan /speedy informed me. I use to think I was smart keeping key on me, not fully closing my door when I use to have to get out of car to unlock gate and park for work in what we called the Dungeon at Roma Street. My theory was if someone tried to steal car they wouldn't get far, how wrong I was. Knowing this May have also stopped me blocking a inner city car park at 5pm on a Friday whilst I called Mitsubishi roadside assist when I got Key Not Detected on dash lol funny enough on my last day working for Qld Rail
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Steph2987
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Steph2987 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:56 am

You guys are making me worry about where i should keep my keys. They are currently beside the front door and i live in a very bad area.... :shock:

JCStar01
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby JCStar01 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:01 am

Oh that's all kinds of f***ed up! Sorry to hear bro, hope everything works out for you mate. it must be a terrible feeling! :cry:

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:43 am

Not gonna say were my keys are kept, in case someone is watching :look: but they aren't near the front door or hanging on a hook in the garage. But I've heard of cases where they are in night stands and they have broken in at night and stole the keys right next to the sleeping owner. There is only so much you can do.

I know it's too late in this case but maybe if you keys (or one set) go missing or you think they were stolen then pull a fuse on on the car, not a mechanic but I'm sure the right bit missing and it's not going any where. Most thieves will just move on to the next target. Then get the codes changed and new keys or what ever is needed so the old key fob no longer works. If you're really inventive set up the dash can to catch them in the act or set up a hidden camera in the garage.

Again I know this is to late in this case and I can't imagine how it feels to loose your car like this, really hope we get some good news soon.

EvoxMan
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby EvoxMan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:31 am

Thanks guys, Yeah its all kinds of fkd up knowing some punks are driving your baby around...You never ever think this sort of thing will happen.
2013 Evo x MR

EvoxMan
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby EvoxMan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:07 pm

Quick Update! after 3 long months I finally sorted everything with insurance and have now bought a 2013 Evo X MR after so much head aches Im back in action!

Taking the beast to techsport tomorrow to get tuned.
2013 Evo x MR

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:12 pm

Glad to hear you got a new Evo

xCeazy
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby xCeazy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:00 pm

Good to hear!
Fraser Coast, Queensland.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:06 pm

Sad you didn't get it back but good to hear things worked out.

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:38 am

Damn that suck's, just hope i will never catch the prick who try to steal my car, pretty sure he's gonna have one option left, to see a emergency doctor.
Glad the insurance give you a new one, maybe the old one is already parts for sale

Return to “Victoria”