***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Regular NSW meets & locations, suggestions, thoughts, id

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

mitch_vrx
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby mitch_vrx » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:25 am

penrith maccas/krispy kreams has a huge carpark doesnt get as busy as it used to down there just need to stay away from there on a thursday night other than that though its an awesome spot for meets.

michinbury maccas has a fair sized carpark but once again stay away on thursday nights

plumpton westfield huge carpark safe all nights

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:40 am

BBQ @ Brians!

Ahm Brighton/Kyeemagh.. theres a massive carpark where they did the work on the Desal now.. looks big enough for a meet and close to Kebabs too :)

I really dont mind where we go, closer to the CBD would be prefered though.

jcm308
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jcm308 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:45 am

On another forum we have 2 very successful monthly meets.
1 in Cronulla during the 1st - 2nd week of the month and the other at
Homebush 3rd - 4th week of the month.

These meets average between 8 - 20 people depending on weather.
Cheers,
John

dejayhan
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby dejayhan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:56 am

Yeh JaCe It doesn't cost money :(
How bout parramatta park?
Lancers are gay...

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:04 am

coolwave911 wrote:Why don't we just meet somewhere good in the middle of the 3 proposed regions (Which could possibly ended up being in the CBD or somewhere around there LOL). Then maybe we can cruise around after the meet.....just my thoughts though
Because someone will complain that "somewhere in the middle" is just too far for some people. Always happens. There are people on this forum and others forums that cannot see past their own nose. You can't please everyone I'm afraid. Sad reality of life. So for each fortnight or so, if we organise an event say 1st fortnight in the north/west region, 2nd fortnight something in the metro/south, etc. Then those who do not want to travel long distances can at least make a mini-meet when it lands in their local geographical area. Of course people from other end of town are encourage to drive across to Sydney and meet up still. I also want to cycle thru different venues each time we land in a region just to keep it different for everyone. Of course we will have a favourite and gravitate to that from time to time.

As for cruising afterwards? Well for these school night mini-meets, that deepends. I don't think there will be a planned cruise route, if people want to go for a crusie after people have left the mini-meet, that's up to them.

I do note there are some ideas for some proper cruises on here, so I might split those off into a seperate thread. As all I want in this thread at this stage is idea for quick mini-meets on mainly weekday nights or weekends where we can meet, get a feed maybe, chat, check out each other's cars/mods, etc.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

dejayhan
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby dejayhan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:25 am

@JaCe I actually meant to say it does cost money
Lancers are gay...

coolwave911
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby coolwave911 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:36 pm

VRX_Pete wrote:
coolwave911 wrote:Why don't we just meet somewhere good in the middle of the 3 proposed regions (Which could possibly ended up being in the CBD or somewhere around there LOL). Then maybe we can cruise around after the meet.....just my thoughts though
Because someone will complain that "somewhere in the middle" is just too far for some people. Always happens. There are people on this forum and others forums that cannot see past their own nose. You can't please everyone I'm afraid. Sad reality of life. So for each fortnight or so, if we organise an event say 1st fortnight in the north/west region, 2nd fortnight something in the metro/south, etc. Then those who do not want to travel long distances can at least make a mini-meet when it lands in their local geographical area. Of course people from other end of town are encourage to drive across to Sydney and meet up still. I also want to cycle thru different venues each time we land in a region just to keep it different for everyone. Of course we will have a favourite and gravitate to that from time to time.

As for cruising afterwards? Well for these school night mini-meets, that deepends. I don't think there will be a planned cruise route, if people want to go for a crusie after people have left the mini-meet, that's up to them.

I do note there are some ideas for some proper cruises on here, so I might split those off into a seperate thread. As all I want in this thread at this stage is idea for quick mini-meets on mainly weekday nights or weekends where we can meet, get a feed maybe, chat, check out each other's cars/mods, etc.

All sounds very constructive. And yes, we can't please 20 people at the same times let alone hundreds of NSW members hehe. Anyway, I'm ok to travel around as I love my car and I don't have family commitments as well as I just moved to Sydney so I'm quite excited to go around discovering places LOL

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:40 pm

3 weeks / monthly meets seem realistic. Weekly or fornightly just seems like a bit of a chore, and I think you'll get to a point where no-one really shows up.

Olympic Park sounds like a nice place to go.

coolwave911
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby coolwave911 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:52 pm

dannyboi wrote:3 weeks / monthly meets seem realistic. Weekly or fornightly just seems like a bit of a chore, and I think you'll get to a point where no-one really shows up.

I agree with Danny....weekly is too much as I guess many would have other things to do so monthly meet is the most appropriate I reckon

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:04 pm

coolwave911 wrote:
dannyboi wrote:3 weeks / monthly meets seem realistic. Weekly or fornightly just seems like a bit of a chore, and I think you'll get to a point where no-one really shows up.

I agree with Danny....weekly is too much as I guess many would have other things to do so monthly meet is the most appropriate I reckon

Pete suggested fortnightly. He also suggested rotating between regions.

These meets were getting planned due to peoples locations, so if you go to the meet in your region you are probably only going to go to a meet every 6-8 weeks anyways.

If you planned a meet rotating locations every 3 weeks to a month it means your region wouldn't come up for almost 4 months...

coolwave911
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby coolwave911 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:10 pm

LZY_EYE wrote:
coolwave911 wrote:

Pete suggested fortnightly. He also suggested rotating between regions.

These meets were getting planned due to peoples locations, so if you go to the meet in your region you are probably only going to go to a meet every 6-8 weeks anyways.

If you planned a meet rotating locations every 3 weeks to a month it means your region wouldn't come up for almost 4 months...

:D I was thinking about devoted members, not the ones that only waits til their regions came up but your logic is correct Shane

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:17 pm

You will never please everyone. You need to get to the point where you are a bit of a Nazi and set up meets and don't change once they have been set.

I have seen meets be created, and the date changed 3 times before it eventuates.

There will always be a meet next time :D The dedicated members will just need to be selective about which meets to attend, or be more sociable :P

I like the idea Pete is trying to make meets more accessible. If it doesn't work, it will show that there are just some members who just don't want to attend. Then go back to the drawing board and try something different.

Another thing that works well in the XR5 club is a monthly dinner. Somewhere not too expensive, but not dodgy like maccas!! I can't speak for everyone, but standing around in the maccas carpark gets pretty boring to me :P

coolwave911
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby coolwave911 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:49 pm

LZY_EYE wrote:You will never please everyone. You need to get to the point where you are a bit of a Nazi and set up meets and don't change once they have been set.

I have seen meets be created, and the date changed 3 times before it eventuates.

There will always be a meet next time :D The dedicated members will just need to be selective about which meets to attend, or be more sociable :P

I like the idea Pete is trying to make meets more accessible. If it doesn't work, it will show that there are just some members who just don't want to attend. Then go back to the drawing board and try something different.

Another thing that works well in the XR5 club is a monthly dinner. Somewhere not too expensive, but not dodgy like maccas!! I can't speak for everyone, but standing around in the maccas carpark gets pretty boring to me :P

Haha I agree, also I love the Nazi thing. I'll organise gas chambers if necessary LOL Put something nasty in the trunk, there we go haha

And standing around maccas at night does attract attention of many "funny" people LOL

bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bye2u » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:13 pm

olympic park/homebush is is pretty much central :)

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:17 pm

bye2u wrote:olympic park/homebush is is pretty much central :)

And very local for me :D

Return to “New South Wales”