***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

RPW Tuning Day NSW Saturday / Sunday 27/28th November

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

extremepc
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby extremepc » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Arghhhhh! Bugga! I really really wanted to go today, well both me and my brother Dragansj. As luck would have it we both had a prior engagement, I was the godfather and my nephew's baptism around midday today!

Now, would there be any kind soul in Sydney (hopefully Castle Hill way) that has one of those cables to suck out the required files so we can send them off?

extremepc
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby extremepc » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:38 pm

MJL1217 wrote:how much would the average tune cost if i went to ultratune etc? and what do i ask for when i tell them what i'm looking for? a racing tune, sports tune? i really wish i didnt sleep in this morning..

Ultratune etc. don't do the kind of tune we're talking about here, probably wouldn't even know how.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:41 pm

extremepc wrote:Arghhhhh! Bugga! I really really wanted to go today, well both me and my brother Dragansj. As luck would have it we both had a prior engagement, I was the godfather and my nephew's baptism around midday today!

Now, would there be any kind soul in Sydney (hopefully Castle Hill way) that has one of those cables to suck out the required files so we can send them off?

Noone in our area methinks but I think Sam might have it? Not sure.

ps. Yay for Hills District though. We need more Hills meets :)

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

Usif
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Usif » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:50 pm

TBH Guys; the tune is so awesome hahas. . . I simply LOVE the Mivec Now. . . Just a different car when it comes into play... Strangley at 3,500 RPM Now. . . SO FUN, And bye bye petrol.

liam92
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby liam92 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:23 pm

My check engine light never went on I dont think? The first drive I wasnt looking though to be honest

Bspec
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Bspec » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi All,

Just thought i'd make my first post to officially say hi on the forum after tagging along to this meet today... hi... :)

Look forward to attending more meets in the future.

yay for the rain after i washed the car to attend the Love of Cars meet the night before. :evil:

Ben

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:35 pm

welcome aboard ben- make sure u post up an intro thread in the introductions board :) great to meet another evo driver today at the meet!

if u need help getting stuff for ur car let one of us know. as i said, it's a great time to buy!

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Michael (extremepc) wrote:
Now, would there be any kind soul in Sydney (hopefully Castle Hill way) that has one of those cables to suck out the required files so we can send them off ?

I have one of those cables "TACTRIX OpenPort 2" and the program.
However allowing me to do read your ECU ROM-File and emailing it to David @ RPW to modify wont do you any good.
He wont send it back to me to re-flash into your ECU.
David has already mentioned he will only deal with TuneHouse in Marrickville, Sydney.

Read Daves posts in this Link:
Reflashing Outlets for CJ Lancers outside of WA

Page 1
Posted: Fri 03 Sep 2010 5 07 pm
The current list of RPW Flashing agents will be as follows

(A) NSW = Tunehouse
(B) SA = Steve Knight Racetech in South Australia @ 8 Walla Street, Lonsdale.
(C) VIC = ofey (CCJ Senior Mod)
(D) Queensland - Special Vehicle Services and Neale Low Motorsports

We will be adding more approved flashing contacts onto this as they become available.
There may be a small charge by the firm or person doing the reflashing back onto the ECU, but that is something that you will need to check first.

Page 2
Posted: Thu 16 Sep 2010 6 23 pm
No we won't be giving out anymore definition files to individuals, only to approved businesses. I am sorry if this causes a short term loss of sales to other states of australia, but we can no longer take any chances on our tunes being passed around and causing damage to vehicles.

Posted: Thu 16 Sep 2010 7 13 pm
Yes the price for our reflashes hasn't altered. The tuneshop may charge a minor fee to just do the reflash only without placing hte car on / off the dyno.

Posted: Sun 07 Nov 2010 1 35 pm
1st Post Updated regarding tuning options here is copy

Update : 3rd November 2010 - due to the difficulties we are having getting tuning firms online, the decision has been made to allow a greater range of access. From here on, any tuning firm with an ABN number, we will provide a basic definition file to allow reading / writing to the Lancer ECU's. This will allow all Lancer owners access to our tunes.

These companies will not get a full working definition file. This allows any Lancer user to go to his local tuner and get the ecu flashed.

So your best bet is "TuneHouse" at Marrickville in Sydney.
Jim, is the owner/operator and this is a very professionally run business.
Motor Magazine was so impressed they selected TuneHouse as a major contender for their
"Hot Tuner Challenge" which appears in the Oct - Nov & Dec issues.

I personally had my 2.4L CVT Dyno Tuned there on Friday after Hitman had his 2.4L Man Dynoed the week before.
Both our results were extremely satisfying and the Dyno Run Sheets can be viewed on this thread: NA Dyno Readings.

The Flash from RPW is worth $75 and TuneHouse will charge approx $100 for the Read, Send, Return & Re-Flash Service.

This is a fair price when you consider Dave was charging $25 today just for the Re-Flash service in a public car-park.

Regards: Sam.
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Thanks Sam. I've also requested from David (who was willing to do this) an email copy of my original flash rom file so I can provide it to Tunehouse in the event that I need them to reinstall my factory settings.

On another note, do we have any idea how much it would cost for Tunehouse to start dyno tuning the RPW file?

Sorry for venturing a bit off topic here!

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:15 pm

Dave should provide an original copy of their Factory ECU ROM File to everyone.

What happens in the event that you want to return your Lancer to Factory Standard Tune. (for whatever reason)
If you don't have the original, then your stuffed, then again if you do have the original, how are you going to Re-Flash your ECU without a Tactrix Cable and OpenECU Program.

You certainally cant wait for Dave to come back to Sydney.
You will have to visit "TuneHouse" to have it done.

@ JaCe: Re: the price for TuneHouse to start Dyno Tuning the RPW File.
I know they charge $580 for a NA Lancer, so you would have to ring Jim and ask.
Being an EVO-X would make it a fair bit more I think.

Sam.
Sam ..... *thumb*

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:27 pm

no worries. thanks sam.

and yeh i just wanted to have the original flash rom just in case i needed to go back to stock for whatever reason- and could visit tunehouse to get it done :)

MJL1217
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MJL1217 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:34 pm

thanks sam, so i just ask tunehouse for a dyno tune for a RPW file, and they'll know what i'm talking about?? sorry for being pedantic
MANI

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:42 am

Yes Mani.
However I suggest you opt for the Full Dyno Tune which is much better than just the generic RPW Flash.

If you read through RPW's R&D Flashing post, he is always suggesting you check the AFR's (Air-Fuel Ratios) as a precaution after flashing your ECU with his Re-Flash.

The only way you can do that, is to put the car on a Dyno such as TuneHouse's Dyna Pack Hub Dyno (best)
That will cost a few hundred $$$ not sure exactly, just to check the AFR's

A Full Dyno Tune from TuneHouse for a NA Lancer is $580.

Sam.
Sam ..... *thumb*

AUSSIECJ
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby AUSSIECJ » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:01 am

omg feel the results staright away, thanks david
it was awesome meeting you
hope you had a safe flight
I LOVE HATERS ;)
By aussiecj at 2010-09-20

Mitsiman
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Mitsiman » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:16 am

It was great to meet those that came and It was a lot of fun. EVO X's make horsepower way too easily I wouldn't be surprised if you had problems staying at the speed limit now.

Thanks for the lifts guys most appreciated and yes, after speaking with Tunehouse and visiting them, definitly recomend them for tuning 100%.
For urgent replies to PM's contact via phone

Return to “New South Wales”