***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

NSW Sun 12th of Sept. RNP and MAC pass lunch scottish pub

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

mitch.honey
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby mitch.honey » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:17 pm

PNKBBY wrote:
other then taking off, the speed on the freeways,

i am sorry what speed on the freeways i did the speed limit if anything i did under..... many people can confirm i did this

but to be honest what pisses me off is that everyone had to wait till they came on the net to have a winged.. there were three stops that you could have come to me and said something but you didn't so there is not really any foot for you to stand on as far as i was concerned the cruise was going well..
Red Tail-light Brigade Member #2

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:36 pm

I had fun! Yes, there were some "issues" with keeping the pack together, but in the end nothing bad happened and no one got desperately lost.

At least some lessons have been learnt and maybe some mandatory rules governing club cruises in future
Mandatory radios for lead and end cars and what WTR suggested.

Past cruises that have been managed/run by LZY_EYE, blade888 and MitzaB have been perfect and show due care and regard for making sure the pack is kept together. Of course constant radio comms on those cruises helped.

At the end of the day, a club cruise is that a gathering of people, there's no point in breaking away into smaller groups. Yes it may suck that you can't put your foot down on account of people down the back being held up traffic lights and other non-cruise trafic, but that's the reality of cruises. Hold ups will happen, cyclists, lights, slow coach drivers, etc.

Mitch, thanks for organising the day, it was your first CCJ cruise as lead, so you had your "L" plates on. :) You did okay. I think if you had a radio much of the "issues" could have been avoided. Lesson learnt for everyone, radio for the lead is a must in future for anyone running lead.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

jmac
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jmac » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:09 pm

Different club, different way of looking at things I guess.
Yes for the cruise bits everyone should be together.. but for the twisties the speed deamons should be at the front, the sunday drivers at the back. This way everyone is happy - otherwise you will have one lot saying you are going too slow and another saying you are going too fast.

The main exception was I stressed that everyone should have a printed copy of the maps which had printed meet up points to regroup.

I guess just different demographics tend to dictate driving styles.
The last meet I ran had 30+ cars and was run more or less the same way with the exact same meeting spots, no one got lost and no one complained. Its a day to share things you have in common with like minded people - for me performance, modifications and beer!

Anyways, thanks Mitch for organizing a great day - don't let the critics put you off, from experience most of the loudest complainers are the ones that put the least effort into running a club anyway.

PNKBBY
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby PNKBBY » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:44 pm

mitch.honey wrote:
PNKBBY wrote:
other then taking off, the speed on the freeways,

i am sorry what speed on the freeways i did the speed limit if anything i did under..... many people can confirm i did this

we sat on 100 initially and had people from the group fly past us to catch up to the main pack while we eventually had to slow back down to just under 80 for the few left behind :shock: ..

the fact isn't the speed, its the location where the speed takes place, eg. mac pass.. due to at the top the main group was already there and stopped.. the main issue was the turn off at the roundabout/lights, there was no cb warning due to distance for those held up at the back with the traffic and lights.. we were trying to keep the tail end together for less hassal and to not lose anyone,

there were three stops that you could have come to me and said something

the first stop everything was running really well 8) , the second stop as soon as the end group got there we had to almost immediatly leave, and the third stop something was said thanks

seriously mitch, all in all it was a good day :) :) , it was your first led cruise and there were hiccups, like Pete said, with traffic, traffic lights and slow drivers etc, it was bound to happen.. i'm only pointing these out as reference so you can make your next one even better then yesterdays one :lol:

The main exception was I stressed that everyone should have a printed copy of the maps which had printed meet up points to regroup.

occasionally google only shows a mass view or only street names, it can't be helped at times :cry:

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Firstly, thanks Mitch for organising the cruise.

The issues I had and were voiced when we actually stopped long enough for me to voice them was too little too late.

At the 2nd stop, which is after some people were left behind due to traffic we didn't even have time to say anything. We were all still standing in a group when the lead cars took off. There was then a huge group of regular traffic which split us up.

After the run up through the pass, I actually voiced my annoyance with Jmac. He didn't seem to care too much. He just went on about how he told us that we were leaving at the last point even though he never spoke to me or the group I was in :roll:

It just didn't seem like the front cars even cared whether the rear cars were there or not.

So jmac, what channel were you on, and why wasn't everyone told?

jmac
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jmac » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:32 pm

I did care, though I was trying to avoid conflict because you were so impressed at the time.. I felt so happy to stand around chatting you you folks after you all had a go at me, after that - yeah I didnt really care too much your right.

Channel - 24 I believe.
Though - not sure what that has to do with me? Did you show any initiative to ensure we were all on the same channel either?

Think what you like, I was mirror watching the whole way cept the aforementioned speedy bits.

PNKBBY
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby PNKBBY » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Did you show any initiative to ensure we were all on the same channel either?

stanwell park, at the beach.. i publically asked for others on CBs after a small group discussion, and i had a fair few responses from those who responded, who then joined on Ch24.. if you were there then why didn't you respond when it was announced we had members stuck behind?? or when we asked ON CHANNEL for the head pack to slow down?? :)

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi Mitch and Justin,
I would like to thank Mitch for his efforts in organising his first cruise and all in all it went quite well.
I got left behind several times because i was watching the stragglers to try and keep us together,
We did lose the lead cars several times and there were many reasons for that as already mentioned.
Justin I did mention my concerns to you at the bottom before Mac Pass but if you remember I was quite civil about it
Guys a cruise is supposed to be a "Group" of cars enjoying a run "Together" not segregated small pockets of "Enthusiasts"
What happens if a rear car breaks down or worse yet has an accident?
Quicker cars up front fair enough, but don't leave the stragglers to their fate that's pretty poor form.
Yes we could have prepared better but we were supposed to be cruising as a group so just bear in mind 3 cars with radios - Front , Middle and Rear and it's all good.
Just a communication breakdown really, not a big deal so can we agree not to make it a big one?
I had a great day and a magnificent meal so Thank You to both of you
Regards Chris (Mizta B.)
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

jmac
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jmac » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:04 pm

@ PNKBBY - I was not included in that conversation.

@ Mizta B - your right. Im over it - I had a great day and none of my lot complained :) thanks for coming and it was good to see you again.
100% correct about mac pass, though I did say this was the fast bit.. and you couldnt get lost through there, after that everything was sweet.

Return to “New South Wales”