***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

NSW Sun 12th of Sept. RNP and MAC pass lunch scottish pub

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:42 pm

jmac wrote:Well apologies, though its always a good idea to print the map before leaving home - its listed in the first post.

Its not easy to lead that many cars, you will always get someone complaining that you are either going to fast or too slow. The last time I ran a similar cruise I factored in a few meet points in case someone got lost along the way.

If most people are like me.... look at map. Meet point. End point. Lots of twists. WIN! Everything else in between, meh. :)
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

jmac
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jmac » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:05 pm

PNKBBY wrote:and besides the fact, Nathan (Chubb) did travel over 700km to attend the meet.. so have a little consideration for people :roll:

I was supposed to know this was I?
All I am saying is a little preparation goes a long way :)

Good on you for coming :D
We have had members come down from QLD for meets before.
Next time we will have to put in some meet points on the map and try to get everyone to bring a radio.

PNKBBY
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Re: NSW Sun 12th of Sept. RNP and MAC pass lunch scottish pu

Postby PNKBBY » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:28 pm

mitch.honey wrote:what you will need: CB radio, full tank.. and a good attitude..

Please read the club rules and to stick to them and remember to have a fun day

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Re: NSW Sun 12th of Sept. RNP and MAC pass lunch scottish pu

Postby The X » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:31 pm

PNKBBY wrote:
mitch.honey wrote:what you will need: CB radio, full tank.. and a good attitude..

Please read the club rules and to stick to them and remember to have a fun day

I'd classify that as a "zING!" :)
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

jmac
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jmac » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:45 pm

I had a radio ;)
Besides... I wasnt the one that couldnt keep up :P

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:59 pm

jmac wrote:I had a radio ;)
Besides... I wasnt the one that couldnt keep up :P

That sums up the attitude in question.

jmac
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jmac » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:04 am

Called a sense of humor.
At least I remembered to bring my good attitude!
Arent you fellas a happy bunch.

No one got lost, and for those that couldnt 'keep up' this is what happens when you have as many cars come along. Generally its better to break into two groups.

That said, Alan at the ripe age of 65 managed to stay with us.. Id say because for 95% of the time we were exactly on the speed limit with the exemption of the run up mac pass - which everyone was aware of before we left.

Might I add, I wasnt leading the cruise and personally didnt think there were any issues.

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:41 am

There is a lot to be learnt from motorcycle cruises ... as we don't have the benefit of CB or other 2-way communications, a more basic method of group cohesion is needed. This requires that the ride leader ensures the group are aware of the route/intermediate stop points/final destination, and approximate timings for stops. We also use "corner marking" to avoid lost members. Corner marking requires some discipline by those involved ... as the "marker" ( 2nd rider ) must stop at a change of direction, and wait till the designated TEC (tail end charlie) passes. This ensures that no-one on the run is left behind... and if there is a drop-out, it is quickly noticed, and the whole group can be halted, and assistance given.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:15 am

Glad you had a good time Martyn.

as for the cruise and what we always do with the Vintage cars where we often got about 10-15 cars we always have the car behind us in sight if we cant see them we stop, always works, and if we come up to a turn off we will stop wait for everyone to catch up.

anywho i didnt have a problem keeping up with the 2 MPS6 and the 2 RX8s :D

Vanq
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Vanq » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:19 am

Hey guys! Vanq from OzMPS here (One of the Canberra RX-8 guys that followed Bradley ;) )

Thanks for the top day, its good to have an excuse to spend a fantastic Sunday driving to a pub :D

Hope noone ran afoul of the law, we saw two cops and a mobile camera on the way home :(

Can't wait for the next one!

bd-850 wrote:anywho i didnt have a problem keeping up with the 2 MPS6 and the 2 RX8s :D

I don't know mate, I recall leaving you in my wake at least once... :lol: Will tidy up the in motion pics I got of your car too and post em up for ya :)

mitch.honey
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby mitch.honey » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:14 am

wow thanks guys for the big thank you and everything really makes me want to organise a cruise again coz syd has so many cruises.. for starters if you had a problem you did not adress this to me how was i sposed to know that you were having troubles you did not come up to me at any of the 3 stops that we had i let everyone know what was happening and jmac also helped me out with letting people know what was happening as i am a little high challanged and he can get peoples attention better.... as for speeding i did not speed untill we got to mac pass i did the speed limit and even less after it was brough to my attention that people were struggeling to keep up... sorry i did not have a radio i think the owner of my radio had taken it to camberra not to my knowledge and i did not have a oppertunity to get one as i got home from driving from the central coast that morning and did not know it had been taken till it was to late...

but you all had a amazing meal and i saw everyone laugh and smile at one stage... i got more of a thankyou on ozmps then on the site where i orginally organised it for...

its not the easiest thing in the world to get a large amount of cars through a cruise.. and i cant remember the last big cruise we had

so thanks again for just bitching about it and not looking for ther good side you all had....
Red Tail-light Brigade Member #2

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:15 pm

Vanq wrote:
bd-850 wrote:anywho i didnt have a problem keeping up with the 2 MPS6 and the 2 RX8s :D

I don't know mate, I recall leaving you in my wake at least once... :lol: Will tidy up the in motion pics I got of your car too and post em up for ya :)

:roll: :roll:

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:17 pm

mitch.honey wrote:wow thanks guys for the big thank you and everything really makes me want to organise a cruise again coz syd has so many cruises.. for starters if you had a problem you did not adress this to me how was i sposed to know that you were having troubles you did not come up to me at any of the 3 stops that we had i let everyone know what was happening and jmac also helped me out with letting people know what was happening as i am a little high challanged and he can get peoples attention better.... as for speeding i did not speed untill we got to mac pass i did the speed limit and even less after it was brough to my attention that people were struggeling to keep up... sorry i did not have a radio i think the owner of my radio had taken it to camberra not to my knowledge and i did not have a oppertunity to get one as i got home from driving from the central coast that morning and did not know it had been taken till it was to late...

but you all had a amazing meal and i saw everyone laugh and smile at one stage... i got more of a thankyou on ozmps then on the site where i orginally organised it for...

its not the easiest thing in the world to get a large amount of cars through a cruise.. and i cant remember the last big cruise we had

so thanks again for just bitching about it and not looking for ther good side you all had....

Dont worry Mitch i had a great time 8) 8)

PNKBBY
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby PNKBBY » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:20 pm

the main issue seems to be everyone getting left behind, and that a channel for the CB was never announced.. we were all on channel 24, then 2 more jumped on that channel after the first stop..

other then taking off, the speed on the freeways, & people getting left behind it was generally ok.. i haven't travelled that road since i was a kid, i only had a very rough memory of the directions and wasn't able to supply them to the few that got caught 2kms (give or take slightly) behind us..

maybe for future reference we should use Ron's (WTR) suggestion to have a run ahead car & tell EVERYONE at the inital meet point the CB channel..

I'll even put my hand up for the run ahead car, it's bright pink, and not hard to miss.. that way we can keep the entire group together.. we managed to keep a group of 30+cars together on a seperate cruise on a sat night

Return to “New South Wales”