***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

NSW/QLD Port Meet in JAN or FEB 2010 **EOI**

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:48 pm

Sorry all :(
I have to be in Townsville for work.

Will I ever be able to make an inter-state meet?! Who knows... I think I should post up my travels, and meet with regional QLDers as I go along!!! lol...
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

cjay
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cjay » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:11 pm

hmmm, ok,,, so ive been slack..
havent visited for a while,,and ive only just noticed this.
but doesnt it suck that my opel buddies are having a cruise to tas for a week long drive around tas...
its hard to say no to a meet in my home town,,, but its also hard to say no to a week long drive around a state ill prob never visit again.
f..k!

cjay
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cjay » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:51 pm

if i end up going with the opel guys to tas...
i have a few tips for you all.
nath prob knows about them all.
north brother mountain.. almost 500m above sea level, 5km of steep winding road to the top. gas bbqs up top and 2 look out points.
well worth the drive. nice swimming spot at the end of dunbogan.

if you dont mind a long drive and some dirt roads,,,, ellenborough falls,, was the southern hemisphere largest single drop waterfall @ 200m.(is now 2nd)
stairs/walkway to the bottom. expect to be exhausted by the time you get back to the top.

kebabs,,, little kebab shop next to commonwealth bank on the main street. best ive ever had. open til very late.
theres an all you can eat bistro at eastport bowling club,,, @ $20/adult.
chinese... id go hotwok on clarence st, or lotus in lighthouse beach area. but the aforementioned bistro does have half attempted chinese.

2 nightclubs in town...
1 is where mainly young chickies go to play with sugar daddies...(above the sex shop)
and the other is where young blokes go to pick up a cougar. (formerly know as smuts,,,ask a local,, they will know smuts)

if you want a swim in port,,, town beach is most popular,,, but i prefer flynns.
yes theres a nudist beach,,,you will prob hear rumours,,, both sexs welcome,,, but if your a bloke,,dont expect a perve unless your into 50s+ gay blokes. oh, and expect a pinch on the butt or 2, and the offer of some action lmao.
if your a couple and want to have some privacy down there, the beach is kind of divided into 3 sections, by huge rocks. as long as you dont have problems "arriving" then you should be fine. the old blokes kinda stick to the first section (furthest from the lighthouse)

check out the wall along the breakwall, bring some paint,, your allowed to paint your names or even the club logo if you wish. id stick to longlasting tin paint, not spraycans. just find the most graffiti covered rock you can find, and do it there,,, so your not ruining someones work of art. you can easily spend 30mins-1hr walking along reading and admiring peoples artwork. though it only takes 5mins to walk the length.

as mentioned we have a awesome go kart track,,, never been,, but have visited just to watch.
we have paintball just north of portmacquarie.
we also have a laser gun game thing,,, i think its at darkzone,,, they have rock wall climbing there too.

if you want to experience the roads,,, nath can show you oxley hwy,,, its on his way home,,, perhaps the qld members will join him as an alternate route,,, will take much longer than the pacific hwy though. 25km turns,,, awesome road! just take care and dont be silly. once you hit the straights near walcha expect to have m/bikes pass you at 200km+ lol.

once you guys have numbers,,, ill think of some good photo op spots for you all.

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:31 pm

Hmmm, sounds like it's going to be an awesome, I reckon I'm gonna have to be put down as a maybe

OHH YEA!!!!

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Nice to hear from you again Cjay, I starting to wonder if I should not on your do and remind you about us :P. Mate sucks about the clash in events, week long cruise of Tas damn man that is epic. Thanks for the heads up with the local knowledge to make will make the weekend go much smother I hope :D.

Might be down your way in a few weeks also mate so I might give you a buzz and catch up.

cjay
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cjay » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:47 pm

for sure mate, im on hols for the next 2 weeks,,, im off to bris tomorrow untill fri arvo,,, but am free for a week after that.

ChrisC.VRX.MY10
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ChrisC.VRX.MY10 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:50 pm

Hey guys,

Yea i'll definitely go to this one, really keen to see some other cars from the club.

So are all of you staying up there for the 3 days?

Hope to have some more modz by then :D

Chris

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Yeah mate I am in the process of scouting out some accom, which I should have sorted in the next week or two.

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:53 am

Hey hey hey!!!! I am working in timing a family holiday and drive down to Sydney to combine with this ClubCJ gathering....
Not sure yet if we'll be heading down with the Qld'ers or coming up toward home with the NSW'ers....lol

Put me down for attending + family.... Will be keen for the karting... :)

Accommodation wise, well need 2x adults and 2x small kids and happy to stay in caravan park on-site lodgings or similar... Dbl, camp bed and room for a Porta-cot would be minimum request :) :)
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:26 pm

any news on this?

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:30 pm

I am trying Stacey I tried to call the place this week three times so far twice busy and third time no answer and today I got busy and did not get a chance, I am really sorry and I will try again tomorrow.

here is the place I am looking at
http://www.melaleucacaravanpark.com.au/index.asp

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:34 pm

You would think the place your looking at staying would have time to talk with you considering you want to pay to stay at there place! Slack ass's.

Thanks for the update :)

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:46 pm

I have been trying to find other places to accommodate us but no luck yet, I think I might even go for a drive to port this weekend to see what I can find.

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:47 pm

its not out of your way is it?

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:59 pm

bout 3 hours down the road but there is about 30kms of really twisty road :twisted: so I thought I might go for a cruise for the hell of it.

Return to “New South Wales”