***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Which dealer did you buy from? (NSW edition)

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Which dealer did you buy from? (NSW edition)

Postby JaCe » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:24 am

Thought I would copy the SA thread and make one for our own state!

I bought my Evo X from Jason Ho at Alto Mitsubishi (Pennant Hills). Several other people I know have bought their Evo from this dealership and we've all been very pleased with the sales service from their team. Basically they are willing to give a good and clear price upfront- none of this bantering bull with a take it or leave it approach. I appreciated this and found their take it or leave it price was considerably lower than other dealers which tried the "Let me get my sales manager to see if he'll agree to it for today only" rubbish. There was no pressure to sign on the day and I really liked this as I went home, thought about it, and came back to buy it.

Very positive experience. Jason from Alto knows his stuff (he drives a RA Colt) and understands what his customers want. Happy to put in a referral if you're interested and want a proper test drive, etc... he's also a forum regular on some of the other car enthusiast websites I post on!

I had a less than stellar experience at a Parramatta dealer (won't say which one but obviously there arne't many which sell Evo X's) who were very forceful and wanted me to sign on the spot without even test driving the car. There was even name-calling because I apparently lied (didn't want to buy the car that day regardless of price) so... as the other forum guys told me, if I'm not comfortable, just walk away. So I did. It's a pity because prior to this the salesman there had been really nice and called me up to invite me in for coffee and to see the car. Meh.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:30 am

Brought mine from Precision Motors in Armidale. I was very happy with the deal as I managed to get $5000 knocked off the price. There service when buying the car was great also as they let me take a second hand lancer of the lot for a drive so I could see how much it would scrap going my very step drive way. They also offered me a lone car in the week between when I sold my old Camry and when I picked up my lancer.

So I will be happy enough to return the car there for it's services and possibly buy another car from them.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:28 am

Forgot to mention in mine that Ralliart cars from Alto Mitsubishi come with free driver training or track day. Would be happy to recommend them to others.

spareparts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby spareparts » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:01 am

i also got mine from jason from altos being we are not a ralliart dealer at steve jarvins i couldnt get it from here.... and i use to work with jason at landers so i went and seen him.
the voices may not be real, but they have some pretty good ideas :D:D
..... If streets could talk they would Beg For Mercy!!! 151.6kw & 330nm @ all 4 paws .....

mchvrx
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby mchvrx » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:17 pm

Bought from Shannon Wood @ John Oxley motors Mitsubishi, Port Macquarie.

I bought my VRX (2.0L) just as the 2.4 upgrade was being rolled out so I got a really good deal. Shannon made the process fast and was very professional.

Hecky
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hecky » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:30 pm

Bought mine from Nicholas (can't remember his surname) at Lander Blacktown Mitsi. Top bloke, who knew his performance vehicles very well. No BS. Finance dept was another matter. Would definitely buy there again, but would get finance somewhere else.
HKS/AMS/GFB/MRT/K&N/DBA
Whiteline/Ultra-Racing/Rexpeed/Autometer/Yokohama Racing/Cusco
...and some other stuff which the fun police don't approve of... :)

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:33 pm

I got mine from Wagga Wagga Mitsubishi. the service has been GREAT. all the Sales there are really nice people, very helpful, they wernt pushy.

Dingus
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Dingus » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Nepean Motor Group in Penrith. The salesman was an absolute gentleman, shame not much can be said from the service department. Everytime it goes there for a service or waranty work, they break something else.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:11 am

LOL. Went to Pennant Hills, I dealt with a Jason, who was just an elusive PIA. So I started to note down psyc profiles on my dealers.
Ryan @ Lander = 22yo dick.
Nick @ Tynan = newbie, full of attitude.
Ray @ McGrath = lazy.
David @ Lincorp = long story = tosser.
Arthur @ Phil Gilbert = so lazy needs a heart/lung machine to take over his breathing function!
guys @ Heartland = make out to be mate-y.... but up to a price point.
LOL.
I ended up with Suttons. Only because I sniffed out oppurtunity on their end of quarter desperation to make numbers. :) \
So far, no need for a service. I'll do 7500k myself to full synth. I'll let them do 15k for the sake of road assist. :D

Edit: I should add it was Todd @ Suttons, who was cool, no pressure. :)
Last edited by The X on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:45 pm

got mine from Booths west gosford gr8 sales and service recomended a few ppl to them

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

Ravine
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ravine » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:24 pm

Is the Jason everybody is mentioning the Chinese guy?

If so, i bought it off him when he still worked at Lander.

clarionhmi
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby clarionhmi » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:47 am

West orange motors are very good... Wayne there does great deals and in most cases delivers to the door in Sydney.... By far the best experience I've had buying a Mitsubishi.... There are in orange nsw too by the way... I now spend the day and take my car there back there for service!! There service dept is very good also
clarionhmi...... now has a very sad remains of a ralliart lancer!!!

clarionhmi
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby clarionhmi » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:48 am

West orange motors are very good... Wayne there does great deals and in most cases delivers to the door in Sydney.... By far the best experience I've had buying a Mitsubishi.... There are in orange nsw too by the way... I now spend the day and take my car there back there for service!! There service dept is very good also
clarionhmi...... now has a very sad remains of a ralliart lancer!!!

BeHaV3
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BeHaV3 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:19 pm

Dingus wrote:Nepean Motor Group in Penrith. The salesman was an absolute gentleman, shame not much can be said from the service department. Everytime it goes there for a service or waranty work, they break something else.

Nepean...hmmmm
They are no longer Citroen dealers, Ateco cancelled. Mate had similar service (or lack of it). They could not keep the car on the road. His story sounds like the old Jags...buy two: one for the garage(to be fixed), and one in the garage to drive.
CJ RA. Stock!

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:22 pm

Ravine wrote:Is the Jason everybody is mentioning the Chinese guy?

If so, i bought it off him when he still worked at Lander.

Hmm not sure if he worked at Lander before (sean- can you confirm?) but I think that's the one. He has glasses and black hair (no dye in other words).

Pity to hear about your negative experience Peter but in all honesty, I found Jason to be one of the best guys to deal with. I do agree that the Parramatta dealer (Lincorp?) was a bunch of tossers though.

Return to “New South Wales”