***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Which dealer did you buy from? (NSW edition)

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Bought mine from Alto at pennant hills,think nick was the salesman,got a great deal. Can complain,at the moment the service section is shared with toyota until the new building is completed early next year.

AUSSIECJ
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby AUSSIECJ » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:49 pm

i got my vrx from booths motor group in wyong.
very friendly service and i got a top deal

divad
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby divad » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:41 am

bought mine from chris at heartland castle hill, haha by the looks of it i should have gone to pennant hills, but was very happy with my deal

RAwannabe
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby RAwannabe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:00 pm

I also got my vrx 2011 couple weeks back from Jason at Alto. good services and no pressure.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:07 pm

I got my 2011 SX from Cullen Motor Group in Taree. Shane Callow was the salesman. Nice man and not pushy. A lot of salesmen treat women buyers rather horrible (the guys from the Mazda place ignored me). He knew I wanted the bluetooth and a usb and didn't try to push the 2010 model which didn't have it but I still got the 2011 model with it standard for the same price as the runout.

No pressure at all. It was just make up your mind on the colour (I was torn between the black one on the lot and a blue one that had to be ordered and take 2 weeks but ended up with blue and it only took 4 days) and tell me whenever and the sooner you tell me the sooner I can order it but it's up to you.

When it did come in he twisted some arms to get it ready for me asap so that I could take it home early because I was over there and it's 80km to my home from the dealers. He's very nice. He's working Hyundais this week though. He's sending my mats over with one of the other guys who lives over here.

BrownSound
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BrownSound » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:35 am

I bought mine from Parramatta Motor Group - and i can say i had a terrible experience, i dealt mostly with the sales manager to begin with who kept pulling the "i have to ask my boss" card... Spent about 3 hours getting to a price i was happy with... at the end he started literally yelling at me telling me he couldnt do what i wanted (ended up doing it because i was walking away). What i didnt realise at the time was that they had no knowledge what so ever about the car - didnt know the car had built in USB instead told me i had to get the cable installed and thats why its listed as a 'feature' 8-).

However, the service got much much worse when it came to organizing delivery. I was palmed off to another sales person who took absolutely no interest in me... I was told i would get a call the following monday (i purchased on a saturday) that didn't happen, waited until wednesday to give him a call - never picked up, asked reception to put me through to him all they did was put me through to the phone he didn't pick up, left a message and only got a call back on friday (where I know he was in work in-between). I was then told they couldnt give me a delivery date until the car arrived in the lot and that would take a minimum of 2 weeks. After it did arrive in the lot the dealer i was dealing with still hadn't given me a delivery date - so i actually went through another dealer who told me when it was scheduled in for.

So on the day i finally got the car it turned out the radio didn't work (because they had installed an aux cable from the back telling me there is no usb and that the what they were going to install was a usb) and then forgotten to re-install the antenna. So i had to take the car to the service centre the next day, where he said he would give me priority - i turned up at 8am when they opened and the guys at the service centre had no idea and no call - but they were really great about it and dealt with it straight away). After I had the issue all fixed and was on my way home, the dealer calls me to tell me that the service centre is actually close -- which was a blatant lie.

Sorry about the long rant but i really wanted to explain how terrible the sales at parramatta motor group is.

In the end though i love my car and am pretty happy getting it for 18000 (after trading in a 96 accord with 250k on it) including the sports shifter, lancer mats, tinting, paint protection and a hardwired aux cable thats actually turned out to be handy.

Advv
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Advv » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:40 pm

Should've went to Alto haha. Ended up buying my car used as I found a great deal but Jason at Alto provided excellent service and a great deal on a demo too!

Glenjimen
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Glenjimen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:40 pm

Getting mine from Moss Vale Motor Group was going to go to Wakelings (Campbelltown) and Macgraths (Liverpool) but one reason or another didnt get there :-P

Salesman not actually Mitsubishi salesman so when I was making sure I was getting smart Key and Colour Dash he had to revert to brochure . will let you know the outcome come pickup time.

Must say Finace/Business Manager Guy and Accessories /After Sales Support Lady very helpful and gave me the time of day.

Kyrus
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Kyrus » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:19 am

Hey guys and gals,

I just picked up my 11 SX about 3-4 weeks ago, and I thougth I would share my experience with you guys.

First off, me and dad went to suttons in arncliff, as we got out holden commodore there 2 years ago and the sales back then (Todd) look after us really well. (Now the manager in their used car lot) he agreed that he will look after us for this sales, (hes not a mits sales anymore) We basically sat down and went striaight onto the pricing. 22500 for a brand new black (metalic) auto SX. and after that he said the price is around there and hes happy for us to look at other dealers. which was really nice as we didnt feel pushed at all. also note that he offered 2000 trade in for our 97 volvo s40 sedan. *on a side note, we also delalt with an indian guy ratesh? and an old bloke who basically refused to give us a price as we are "just looking". avoid these 2 if you can.

then we went to tynans in (near miranda, not sure where actually) and dealt with bill shilds for a price match. he basically brought out paper work that shows him selling a car for 23000 (well-fricking-done mate). and refusing to go lower, bringing out that i'll ask manager card several time. finally got the price down to 22500 with no extras. and then he offered me 500 for my volvo. so i told him i will think about it and was out the door before i finish the sentance. he call so many times afterwards. mostly during my work and uni and when im asleep. at the 7th or 8th call i told him if you are really that desperate for the sales you shuldnt have ripped me off that bad.

Finally we went to paramatta for the last price match. and we realize we hadnt actually driven the car, so we went in to organize a test drive. everyone was busy so after 3 changes of salesman we were landed an indian guy (forgot the name). took it for a test drive which was coincendentally out sales company car (the car was kinda filthy..... when i went for the indicator it felt like he ate KFC and put his hands straight on ther......) sat down for price, got him down to 22300 with satnav, floow mats and a full size spare. but was really pushy. a lot of today only was said...

Finally went back to suttons and todd agreed to match the 22300 with the extras, also a full tank, and 2250 for te trade in, then he left it fot mitch to finalize the sales. Over all a very good experience in sutton and i would recommend anyone to have a chat to mitch about a new mits. delivery took place 3-4 days later, but there was one complication, they had actually put in a full size steel wheel instead of an allow. but they agreed to replace it so it was no biggy. also my GF was looking to get a car at the time, and Jerry ho was really nice and gave a 75000 straight away. not sure if its a good deal or not but he was certainly very nice.

So to sum up:

Sutton
Todd, Mitch, Jerry - very nice to deal with, but look for the last 2 as Todd is the manager at used car now.
Incian guy, old guy, manager - not so nice.

Good after sales as mitch actually went througt all the function with me and took care of a little scratch for me. and i will find out how their service is when i take the car there in.... well 6 hours.

Tynans
Bill - a female clensing product that one might use in a hot summers night and the bag it comes in. Avoid.

Para
Pretty messy when we got there and had a feeling we wont buy there. has to be said that their deal was pretty good, but after reading other peoples negative comment, might wana avid as well

well that was long lol

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:41 am

got mine from Suttons Arncliffe as well a year ago... sales person was Chris but also talked to Mitch.

it was a good experience from Suttons and getting the Activ CVT for $25,500 with:

Floor Mats
Tint
Reverse Sensors
Car Alarm
Leather Seats and Trimmings
Sat Nav
Full Tank

to me was a good deal and I don't really remember asking for most of them, they basically offered and I just said ok.

actually brought my sister back there last December and convinced her to get an ASX Asprire.

M3 CS
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby M3 CS » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:40 am

Got mine from Michael C @ Northshore Mitsubishi at St Leonards last week. No bullsh1t. No fuss. Excellent service.
And he actually knows about cars so it's easy to discuss technical things.

I definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a new/used Mitsubishi.

race5l
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby race5l » Wed May 04, 2011 10:32 pm

Got ours from McGrath Liverpool, no complaints at all with the sales time speel. Was an older bloke (don't think it was Mustafa) who was straight to the point,no hard sell, just said instead of going through the options on paper, it would be better to nut them out on a test drive. We paid $32,500 drive-away for the Aspire with no up sells in protection packs etc after we made it known at the start we werent going to touch them..
Servicing out theback is a different story. We said at the 1,000km service that the steering wasn't good, they told us they would align it... Never happened although they stated it had. At 10,000kms, we took it to TyrePower as it was getting downright dangerous when tracking/tram-lining, especially in the wet.. The front tyres were so badly worn on the outer edge from a real bad alignment, so I had them put on the rear and a full alignment done.
Then on the 15,000km service we advised no alignment was to be done as it was fixed externally, they contradicted themselves and said they cant align but it would need an alignment in their opinion, and said they can only test brakes and supply a fancy pic of your car with the reading. Some items that were stated as checked or replaced hadn't been. They denied this even though it was shown.
At 45,000km, they changed the coolant and left the drain plug on the radiator loose, changed the wiper blades without asking that i'd changed a week before and stated the others were worn so badly that they were a "risk to your families life". When asked if he had personally seen them or whether he was relying on a 17yo oil changers opinion, he had no recourse. The drain plug reared its head a week later when the radiator had all but completely drained and my wife was saying a high temp warning flashed up everytime it stopped. It sounded like a radiator fan issue initially until I noticed the smell of coolant nearby and found the drain plug two turns from dropping out. All up it was $100 that didn't need to be spent. When I rang, they dodged any blame or accountability.
All up, there incompitence has cost $250 plus a pair of tyres ($700?).

This isn't worth the "extended warranty", so I will discuss options with Paul Wakeling Service as to what they can do to keep our custom.

Dungogvolts
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Dungogvolts » Thu May 05, 2011 10:26 am

I purchased my, now 4 week old, 2011 SX from Cardiff Mitsubishi Newcastle paid $22,200 after a $200 trade in for my 20 year old Camry Wagon, a fantastic car, only trouble I had was when they installed the reverse sensors they chipped the paint work on the bumper and when refitting the bumper missed a bracket so it ended up with a bump at the point it missed the bracket, with me?
ok no problem they would respray it and fix the bump. Picked it up took it home and the next day a mate was checking it out and as I showed him the respray noticed it had all these little crater like indentations so back again this time the big boss oversaw the re respray and now all is good.

All that said I had a good time dealing with the sales guy Shane the only pressure came from me trying to get the best deal.

-daniel-
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby -daniel- » Mon May 23, 2011 1:27 pm

I test drove the VRX at my local dealer Parramatta Mitsubishi this weekend. I initially dealt with trainee there who seemed like a nice young guy, quite keen for a sale.
However the sales manager was a different story. He pretty much pushed the trainee out of the way and stepped in middle of our conversation. He then proceeded to "challenge" me to find a dealer who would do $28k "over the phone" and if I can bring a contract with that price, he'd give me free fuel for a month.
Needless to say, I was quite disappointed with his attitude. The trainee called me today and I'm sure he can do me the price I want, but I'm not sure if I should give them the business. I feel bad for the new guy cause he was nice, but I'm thinking if I should go over to see the boys at Pennant Hills?

soniclancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby soniclancer » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:19 am

I bought the car from lander in Blacktown so far it will be the last car from there not impressed with the aftersales service.

Return to “New South Wales”