***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Twisty run - 30/11/13 - Mac Pass, Kangaroo Valley loop

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Besty I'm not familiar with where u mean? The Wollongong stop is being changed to albion park maccas too for pre pass caffeine boost
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

besty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby besty » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Lol, you take the Hayward's bay exit at yallah, over the bridge heading west, south down Marshall mount rd with views over Albion park all the way to the edge of shellharbour and over lake Illawarra. Continue along till the road ends, take a left, almost a 1k dead straight, then a right.. The road is bodgy as he'll with more holes then road but it takes you out to just under the pass and about 20 metres before you turn off there is a creek crossing, where the water runs about an inch above the road, i get photos there every second week lol and then we are at the pass

besty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby besty » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:29 pm

And at the Hayward's bay exit there is a hungry jacks that sell coffee aswell and is easy to get to regardless direction

Craker
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Craker » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:12 pm

Damn I'm on call that day. Love those roads though but kangaroo valley road does have some poor sections. Poorly repaired potholes so can be quite bumpy on corners and is quite narrow in sections and has no centre lane so just watch out for 4wds taking up all the road on blind corners. FYI there is an awesome donut shop in berry after you get your pies in robo.
2011 lancer ralliart sportback
192kw + 370nm at wheels virtual dyno by boostin juice tuning
Hyperflow intercooler, gfb respons bov , gs 3 port
ultimate racing uicp and licp, hyperflow cat back + hi flow cat
MCA blue coilovers and whiteline sway bars
T3 rotors and ds performance pads
enkei sc 22 wheels

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:24 pm

Hey besty sounds good im sure a few ppl will be keen for pics. How bad is the rd? Some guys are really low. Can go to hungry jacks instead no worries
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

Sven247
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Sven247 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:02 pm

belle_tb_ES wrote:Wouldnt be able to stay the day. If everyone wanted to meet up afterwards...

I'm keen to meet up after :)
"Slaves Shall Serve"

"Honourary SA Member #2 "

besty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby besty » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Yeah everyone will be fine, the worst part of it would be after the crossing, trying to get on the main road to the pass is a bit of a blind corner.. From both directions. :-/ but the roads them selves will be fine for lowered cars, just bumpy for every car

besty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby besty » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:56 pm

I know the road pretty well but, off Marshall mount road is North Marshall mount road where I lived for 19 years so I know it pretty well. The long straight after Marshall mount I think is calderwood road or something, I did my first burnout there back in the day lol. I spun out and ditched on the third or fourth attempt lol

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:04 pm

Steve. Sounds like a plan. See if anyone is interested
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

parralegend
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby parralegend » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:14 am

I would but I have on going brake issues. 2 weeks ago I came down mac pass and they were smoking and gripping when not engaged otherwise I'd be keen to go

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:14 pm

besty wrote:Yeah everyone will be fine, the worst part of it would be after the crossing, trying to get on the main road to the pass is a bit of a blind corner.. From both directions. :-/ but the roads them selves will be fine for lowered cars, just bumpy for every car

No worries sounds like a plan. Will have to be careful at that corner. Who is actually planning on coming?

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:10 pm

Weather permitting!!! Drive will be postponed if it's raining tomorrow!!!

besty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby besty » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:03 pm

If it's on, do you want to change step 2, meeting in Wollongong. To meet at Hayward's bay? And I'll lead through the detour I was telling you about until the bottom of macpass? Will be much easier to park as a group at Hayward's bay is all and then we can get straight to it

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:49 pm

besty wrote:If its on, do you want to change step 2, meeting in Wollongong. To meet at Haywards bay? And Ill lead through the detour I was telling you about until the bottom of macpass? Will be much easier to park as a group at Haywards bay is all and then we can get straight to it

Hey Besty, that sounds fine. Can we meet at the Hungry Jacks there that comes off the freeway? Thats an easy landmark to find.

Sven247
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Sven247 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:44 pm

Can anyone give me an idea on how many K's in total this cruise will be round?
( as I have never been to the Gong before....)
"Slaves Shall Serve"

"Honourary SA Member #2 "

Return to “New South Wales”