***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

NSW / ACT - Track Day Marulan - 13th October 2012

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Which Date do you prefer

Poll ended at Wed May 09, 2012 11:51 am

Saturday 28th July 2012
50%
Saturday 11th August 2012
25%
Either Date is suitable
25%

Total votes: 12

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

NSW / ACT - Track Day Marulan - 13th October 2012

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:55 pm

UPDATE

Sorry I have been slack keeping everyone in the loop on this.

I have spoken to Pete who organises these events on the XR5 forum.

There is a track day taking place on 13th October.

At this point I think I can get 5 of the ClubCJ guys spots for the day. 5 will be perfect as then you can have your own session if that suits. There is no problem fitting into other sessions either though.

Please let me know ASAP in this thread if you are interested. If we get more than 5, I will put a reserve list up and there may be spots develop before the event.

It is $160, and this will be need to be paid to secure a spot. I will give details to those who are interested.

Running

Dirtee
Timmo91
BR14AN
Empror
bez3rk
Marek

Reserve

Hi guys,

I am considering organising a track day / driver training day at Marulan.

Date is TBA.

I need people who are seriously interested in participating in an event like this. We need around 20 - 25 people to make this viable. If there is enough interest, I will contact MDTC and get some available dates. I am thinking late June / July at this point.

If you are interested please let me know in this thread. If not, then please don't say you are to get the numbers :) This sort of event takes a considerable amount of organisation and expense.

It will cost approx $160 if we get max number of participants plus licence fee if applicable.

I can possibly invite some other guys along to make up numbers also.

Please see below a run down of how the day works, and a couple of clips of the track

What: ClubCJ Track Day  

Date: TBA - Depends on Viability.

Where: Marulan Driver Training Centre, Marulan NSW.  

Timeline:
Gates open at 8am, drivers must sign in when they arrive.
8:45am COMPULSORY driver briefing and track walk.
9am First session starts
4pm Track is closed.

Track Sessions:
Sessions are 10min duration with max. of 6 cars on the track at any time. No overtaking on any part of the circuit other than the main straight. This is good for inexperienced drivers as they will not have to be checking their mirrors the whole time.  The facility will  match drivers of similar ability in the groups. You can swap groups throughout the day if your initial group is unsuitable.

Licence Requirements:
You must have a track licence to particiate. Any CAMS Licence is Ok, otherwise you must purchase a MDTC licence for $30 which is good for 12months.

Equipment Requirements:  
Must have an Australian Standard Helmet. Should you not have one, Helmets are available to hire for $20 (plus $50 refundable cash deposit). Drivers must wear long sleeves and long pants along with closed in shoes.

Instructor:
We will have an instructor on hand to advise those who need help. He can do so in-car or from the pit-lane, whichever you chose. He will be there for the entire day.

Ambulance:
We will have a private ambulance at the track all day.

Services:  
There is is no refuelling facility at the track. There is a BP service centre 7km from the facility.

A full range of refreshments is available onsite, with some of our most popular items including:
â—¦Cappuccinos
â—¦Hot chocolate
â—¦Cold Drinks
â—¦Freshly prepared food
â—¦Confectionary

All of which is available at an affordable price.

Safety:
The Marulan Driver Training Centre facility has been constructed with stringent safety in mind and features a tyre barriers along the full length of the outside of the training loop to ensure the safety of our participants and their cars. The venue has been inspected and approved by the relevant authorities. The circuit complies with and exceeds Industry Standards. MDTC has installed a state of the art noise monitor and recording system to ensure that our participants cars are kept under the 90db limit.

Things to remember:
The roads into the facility have an 80km/h speed limit. Please observe the posted limit when travelling to and from the facility.
The drivers briefing is COMPULSORY, even iff you have been to the facility before. NO briefing, NO drive.
If you are intending to hire a helmet, bring the extra cash with you. Deposit is CASH ONLY.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRNDHbFJBqc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRX7lBAvq9g[/youtube]

EOI
- LZYEYE
- BD850
- Chubb
- T-All3NT
- Timmo91
- bez3rk
- Marek
- Mizta B
- AdamD +1
- Dirtee
- lancerdarryl
- JustinR
- empror
Last edited by LZY_EYE on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:51 am, edited 10 times in total.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:57 pm

throw me down

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:10 pm

I am in for sure

T-All3NT
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby T-All3NT » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:14 pm

depending on the date i'll go

timmo91
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby timmo91 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:21 pm

I am so keen for something like this, put me down! :)

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:22 pm

For those concerned about this event being hard on your car it really is no harder then a mountain range. My lancer did this track on a 30 degree day and my highest recorded water temp was 103. Tyre wear was not too bad, brakes got hot but no real dramas.

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Co-pilots are welcome also on the track however they will still need to buy a license on the day (bout $30 I think).

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:39 pm

It is a track day moreso, but the difference with somewhere like wakefield etc there is an instructor present that you can ask for pointers, or take them for a run in the car.

It is untimed, you can go at your own pace and there is run off on most parts of the track so it is quite safe.

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:45 pm

LZY_EYE wrote:......................... and there is run off on most parts of the track so it is quite safe.

They must have modified the track extensively in the last 18 months, then.

Edit: just watched vid from OP - they are using the short track.

Marulan is a very technical circuit - it is short, and will test your skills.

Marek
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Marek » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:56 pm

I'm down!

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:01 pm

WTR wrote:[quote:ddf3c670b9=LZY_EYE]......................... and there is run off on most parts of the track so it is quite safe.[/quote:ddf3c670b9] They must have modified the track extensively in the last 18 months, then. Edit: just watched vid from OP - they are using the short track. Marulan is a very technical circuit - it is short, and will test your skills.

There is only 1 track there as far as I am aware. I have only been there the 2 times though, both less than 12 months ago. Last time there was a little damage as you can probably see in the videos. This was due to extreme amounts of rain... This did not affect the day really.

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:03 pm

LZY_EYE wrote:[quote:25189fc3a4=WTR][quote:ddf3c670b9=LZY_EYE]......................... and there is run off on most parts of the track so it is quite safe.[/quote:ddf3c670b9] They must have modified the track extensively in the last 18 months, then. Edit: just watched vid from OP - they are using the short track. Marulan is a very technical circuit - it is short, and will test your skills.[/quote:25189fc3a4] There is only 1 track there as far as I am aware. I have only been there the 2 times though, both less than 12 months ago. Last time there was a little damage as you can probably see in the videos. This was due to extreme amounts of rain... This did not affect the day really.

Yes - 1 track with a couple of variations ... note safety cones.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:24 pm

It will be a weekend if I organise it... Usually a Saturday :)

Return to “New South Wales”