***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Parramatta - Lancer bodyshop

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Modori
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Parramatta - Lancer bodyshop

Postby Modori » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Hay guys.

Just wondering where to go for someone to install custom audio etc.

I know it sounds lazy, but I really don't want to ruin my new pride and joy because I wanted new speakers in my car.

Thank you.

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:51 pm

GDay Travis
Look up Bsyde (Paul) he is a member here and works at FHRX studios at Taren Point, a good guy and they do really nice work
Or Fitter (Matt) but he is in QLD but may be able to offer some advice
Some members here are right into Stereos and some compete
Regards Chris *yo*
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

Modori
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Modori » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:01 pm

Mizta B wrote:GDay Travis Look up Bsyde (Paul) he is a member here and works at FHRX studios at Taren Point, a good guy and they do really nice work Or Fitter (Matt) but he is in QLD but may be able to offer some advice Some members here are right into Stereos and some compete Regards Chris *yo*

Appreciate the reply.

Yeah I think the problem is the lancer came without navigation, therefore there is actually no space to put any sort of head deck.

I'd imagine their is a way to by-pass this but, without the knowledge I'm not going to go rampaging my car.

=D

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:04 pm

VERY easy to put a deck in when car comes with no Nav - my car is the basic model ES lancer, have a look in my profile for pics of what ive done to her
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR
Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE
2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

Modori
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Modori » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Fitter wrote:VERY easy to put a deck in when car comes with no Nav - my car is the basic model ES lancer, have a look in my profile for pics of what ive done to her

I like your car. Very nice, clean install.

May I ask how much did this cost? Like roughly.

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:11 pm

it cost me nothing - i do it by trade so do all my work myself
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR

2013 WORLD TITLE

2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

Modori
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Modori » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:18 pm

Fitter wrote:it cost me nothing - i do it by trade so do all my work myself
Fitter wrote:it cost me nothing - i do it by trade so do all my work myself

Say you were to charge someone for this kind of work?

Thanks.

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:25 pm

for just an aftermarket deck?

Installation i will do in a Lancer for a special Club CJ price $80 - this is for Double DIN DVD or Single DIN units

you will need a Facia Kit, i have the one from DNA Audio, but there are a lot available - Metra, Scosche, Stinger..... your local audio store will be able to order you one in, a lot of the guys here get the OEM MMCS Facia (nav unit) One
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR

2013 WORLD TITLE

2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Thread title says 'bodyshop', thread contents says 'custom install audio'. I r confuzzed. Assuming the latter, as the replies seem to be headed:

Lifestyle Audio in North Parra.
Doran Pro Audio in Bankstown (very highly rated).

But if you really care about not ruining your pride and joy (alot of people say that, and then money talks), I would highly recommend FHRX Studios in Taren Point. They are IMHO the best installers in the country.

Having said that, I got my old system done by Doran. Good advice, great prices, and they do things with forethought - ie. they thoughtfully soldered the wires of the aftermarket harness onto the orig harness so that when I needed to swap back, I could just plug the orig Nissan wiring harness back onto the OEM headunit and everything works.

If you go to you local JB Hifi or Autobarn subcontracted installer, you might save some money but I have no doubt they'd chop and splice your orig wires onto the aftermarket harness as it saves time and it'll work fine with your new stereo... up until you need to revert back to stock again.

Modori
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Modori » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:37 pm

BZC-45S wrote:Thread title says bodyshop, thread contents says custom install audio. I r confuzzed. Assuming the latter, as the replies seem to be headed: Lifestyle Audio in North Parra. Doran Pro Audio in Bankstown (very highly rated). But if you really care about not ruining your pride and joy (alot of people say that, and then money talks), I would highly recommend FHRX Studios in Taren Point. They are IMHO the best installers in the country. Having said that, I got my old system done by Doran. Good advice, great prices, and they do things with forethought - ie. they thoughtfully soldered the wires of the aftermarket harness onto the orig harness so that when I needed to swap back, I could just plug the orig Nissan wiring harness back onto the OEM headunit and everything works. If you go to you local JB Hifi or Autobarn subcontracted installer, you might save some money but I have no doubt theyd chop and splice your orig wires onto the aftermarket harness as it saves time and itll work fine with your new stereo... up until you need to revert back to stock again.

Yeah, the title is a little miss leading haha.

Mmm, I would waste no expense to have it done properly.

So lets get this straight, I'm complete car noob. =D

What is the "best" speaker, sub, amp. ETC?

I know you will flame because their is no single best or clear winner. But what would you guys/girls recommend.

Modori
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Modori » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Fitter wrote:for just an aftermarket deck? Installation i will do in a Lancer for a special Club CJ price $80 - this is for Double DIN DVD or Single DIN units you will need a Facia Kit, i have the one from DNA Audio, but there are a lot available - Metra, Scosche, Stinger..... your local audio store will be able to order you one in, a lot of the guys here get the OEM MMCS Facia (nav unit) One

So those OEM units, with the nav/radio/ipod connectivity, etc. Are they expensive?

So say I worked into one of these Professional Audio stores, and say I have 10k for audio, I can be a lazy sod just let them do it? All sweet?

Thank you for the help guys, it's much appreciated.

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:41 pm

BZC-45S wrote: If you go to you local JB Hifi or Autobarn subcontracted installer, you might save some money but I have no doubt theyd chop and splice your orig wires onto the aftermarket harness as it saves time and itll work fine with your new stereo... up until you need to revert back to stock again.

I would be very careful on what you say about commercial installers.

I started my trade at JB Hifi. I NEVER ONCE CUT A LOOM. all plugs were adapted straight into - not a plug in harness either.

Cutting a loom is a sackable offence and after i ended up as a workshop foreman i DID fire fitters for doing such shoddy work.

in saying that, Dorans do good work for a very high price
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR

2013 WORLD TITLE

2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:41 pm

the OEM system with Nav etc is about $4000 on its own.

If you drove up here and paid me $10k to do your system, you would have one of the loudest CJ Lancers in Australia, Screens, custom door pods with a few speakers in each door.... list goes on
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR

2013 WORLD TITLE

2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

migs_07
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby migs_07 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:33 pm

I'd suggest you go to Carbon Car Systems in Blacktown. Speak to Daniel or Dave they'll hook you up with a good system. tell them Miguel sent you there. Or if not I can a company you there and talk to them. If you do decide to go somewhere else try and not mention your budget just for your own sake. Just tell them what you want to achieve and let them work out the price.

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm

Miguel, unfortunately its common practice for a salesman to ask what the budget is so they can work with it - if someone came to me wanting to buy a basic CD player with AUX input, im not going to try and sell them a $2500 GPS,DVD, Bluetooth unit

i will sell them a $90 entry level unit
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR

2013 WORLD TITLE

2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

Return to “New South Wales”