***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Parramatta - Lancer bodyshop

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Fitter wrote:I would be very careful on what you say about commercial installers. I started my trade at JB Hifi. I NEVER ONCE CUT A LOOM. all plugs were adapted straight into - not a plug in harness either. Cutting a loom is a sackable offence and after i ended up as a workshop foreman i DID fire fitters for doing such shoddy work. in saying that, Dorans do good work for a very high price

I'm glad you have high standards, and maintain them with your sub-ordinates. We could use people like you down here... That is not so much the case here in the area OP mentioned. I had a friend who's system was done by the contractor for JBH in Blacktown, Mt Druitt, Castle Hill & Rouse Hill stores. Long story short, botched the job, took 3-4 attempts to right the wrong, power wire went through the firewall with a gaping hole with no grommet and you could feel the wind coming through. My mate got a refund for the install, but it's still royally fucked his car up.

To Travis/OP - what sort of music do you like to listen to? That way we could tailor your tastes into what equipment to buy. Also what are you hoping to achieve? In terms of how loud, etc.

If you really had $10k to play, Rainbow or Peerless are brands that will make a big dent in that budget. But everyone wants value for money no matter what pricerange, and I don't think either of those two represent good value.

To Miguel - Carbon Car Systems, did they used to be Stageco? Cos I initially thought you ment that mob down by the Ford dealer next to the TAFE - I have mixed opinions about them.... but a Google search seems to bring up what I thought Stageco is or used to be at.

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:45 pm

mmm Rainbow Reference series splits... $10k right there :P
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR
Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE
2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

Modori
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Modori » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:39 pm

Mmmm.

I had a possibly crazy idea today.

What if I was to use an Ipad as a headdeck?

manny
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby manny » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:09 pm

I was going to post a new thread but thought this was along the same lines.

Are there any private people or smaller shops that do stereo/speaker installations that someone can recommend. The reason I ask is because generally I find that buying on-line or say a large shop like JB is cheaper and has more variety that buying from a car stereo shop, but I am not confident enough to install myself and can't really show up to a large store and ask to install stuff I didn't purchase from them. Thanks in advance.

Modori
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Modori » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Lifestyle Audio. heard good things, their shop is at North Parramatta.

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm curious, Travis ...

Your thread title is "Parramatta - Lancer bodyshop" and your last post reccomends "Lifestyle Audio" , also Parramatta.

Q1 - are they the same place ?

Q2 - have you had work done by either ?

Modori
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Modori » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:42 pm

WTR wrote:Im curious, Travis ... Your thread title is Parramatta - Lancer bodyshop and your last post reccomends Lifestyle Audio , also Parramatta. Q1 - are they the same place ? Q2 - have you had work done by either ?

1. The title is actually me looking for help myself from about 2 weeks. It's actually not indicating a place, just looking for one.

2. No I have not had work done from them per say. But I have been there, purchased equipment and they're actually really nice. I don't know how they work or there work ethics, nor em I affiliated with them.

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Okey Dokey

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:15 pm

I have a friend who had work done by Lifestyle. I have bought parts of my sound system from them too. They are pretty big in the custom work and feature heavily in car shows (Autosalons, Summernats entrants, etc), so I would expect them to be priced at the higher end of the market (I haven't found nor would I trust an especially cheap place anyways). Their workshop is just up the street from their retail showroom. Very clean facilities. They're also contractors for dealer fitment of things like flipdown DVD screens and reversing cameras for the local Ford dealership - from what I was told speaking to the workshop manager.

Manuel, part of the 'catch' of buying cheap audio parts esp online is you'll need a local installer. In fact, I believe it's false economy to buy something cheap online. 90% of the quality of sound you get from any car audio product is in the install. It doesn't matter what brand, what specs, etc. they all pale into comparison to how well it is installed, setup and tuned in your car. A good installer will make a $99 supecheap special sound better than the $699 top branded item that uses exotic materials installed by someone who's reputation is that they do cheap installs.

manny
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby manny » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:17 am

Thanks Chi. I totally agree with you, however I am trying to find a happy medium. Currently I am only keen on a new deck and speakers, so dont need anything excesive, but looking for a place that has a good range of options, not one or two types of speakers in each size, has competitive prices and will do a decent install. The reason i mentioned jb is that so far i have found them to have decent products at good prices. I am in the st george area btw.

Return to “New South Wales”