***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

NSW - 25/3/12 - South Coast Cruise

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Preferred date for the next cruise

Poll ended at Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:31 pm

25th March
100%
1st April
No votes

Total votes: 8

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Updated thread with a poll to get things rolling. Will work out dates when poll finishes.

I have suggested March, as im booked for quite a few gigs and partys during Saturdays, Sundays are free however if we decide on it later down the track.

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:46 pm

Also Sam raised a valid point to me before:

Just In-Case others want to know, so it doesn't Screw Around with the Polling Options.

Sunday Feb 19th is the next Street Meet Drags @ WSID (Western Sydney International Dragway). Sunday 22nd (just passed) was cancelled before it got underway because of Rain.

A few CCJ members were in attendance as Competitors, whom will most probably go again.

No Point Setting the 19th February ..... However any other Sunday should be fine.

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Im with Ryan there,i havent done that run yet

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Hoges wrote:Im keen, RNP always a good run, if there arnt any bikes!

RNP is not as fun as it used to be, as there is a heavier police presence these days, and since some of the road upgrades, more double line markings, which means you get stuck behind a slow car from the burbs doing 20 k below the limit because of the curves.... :roll:
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Yes that can be frustrating lol :)

BrownSound
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BrownSound » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:47 pm

I'd be up for a cruise sometime late Feb. The coastal run down south is heaps of fun. I'll be working full-time by then so weekends shouldn't be a problem.

narji
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby narji » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:13 am

i haven't as of yet been on a cruise, but keen on going to the next meet/cruise, wherever it may be, whenever it may be.. :)
Just a suggestion.. what about the grand pacific drive? i never done it, but i heard its pretty good ?

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:25 am

narji wrote:i havent as of yet been on a cruise, but keen on going to the next meet/cruise, wherever it may be, whenever it may be.. :) Just a suggestion.. what about the grand pacific drive? i never done it, but i heard its pretty good ?

Glad to hear :) Make sure you vote up top when is best for you.

The Grand Pacific Drive is mostly the route i have chosen in the original route. Final route and destination will be decided next after we have a rough idea on when we plan on going.

stewy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby stewy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:22 am

VRX_Pete wrote:[quote:7a2c59e3b8=Hoges]Im keen, RNP always a good run, if there arnt any bikes![/quote:7a2c59e3b8] RNP is not as fun as it used to be, as there is a heavier police presence these days, and since some of the road upgrades, more double line markings, which means you get stuck behind a slow car from the burbs doing 20 k below the limit because of the curves.... :roll:

It's not that bad, there is often a bike or two and a marked and/or unmarked car patrolling because of the motorbike season but if you dont go being stupid (eg cutting corners or blatantly stupid speeds) and stick to the limit on the straights where they can nab you'll be fine. As for overtaking you really don't have enough acceleration (unless an RA) or long and smooth enough straights with visibility to safely overtake anyway through the forresty bits in a car (especially seeing as there is a good chance of motorcycles coming along at speed). But you are going to find this same increased police presence on the weekends there at the motorcycle haunts Mac pass, Jamberoo, Jamberoo Mtn Rd, KV,etc...

Whilst I cant speak of police presence lately at night (I've mainly been through on the bike during the day lately), its definitely the best time to be there if you want a spiritted run as apart from residents travelling between Loftus and Bundeena turn off it's pretty much only others out for a spirited drive....

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:11 pm

Poll ends this week, so all you NSW members who are keen please let me know when is best for you :)

Peanut
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Peanut » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Good idea Justin, gerringong has a really nice pie shop and ice creamery also has heaps of nices cafes and if weather permits the beach is good to unless blue bottles decide to wash up.
Look Out! in The Shire!!
The Can Crusher, Tuckin' Rubber, Pancake Flat. - CCJ Premium Member #0022

bobcrusader wrote:
Blake, you must be a member of the fun police? Do you know my wife?

BRE88N
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby BRE88N » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:28 am

or go to ulladulla

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:34 am

Thanks Peanut.

We could Brendon, just depends on how many people are willing to travel that far south.

Return to “New South Wales”