***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Lancers street racing in Botany

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:30 pm

UR TOO FAST CHEUNG ! :lol: :lol: :lol: i was hoping noone saw it
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Peanut
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Peanut » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:40 pm

bye2u wrote:p platers cant drive turbos though lee :D

I can haha
Look Out! in The Shire!!
The Can Crusher, Tuckin' Rubber, Pancake Flat. - CCJ Premium Member #0022

bobcrusader wrote:
Blake, you must be a member of the fun police? Do you know my wife?

shamrockshirts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby shamrockshirts » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:49 pm

Saw an Evo X today on the freeway and he had green P's. Whats the go there???

liam92
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby liam92 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:54 pm

Was it a proper evo X? or a fakey?

As for the street racing I fully agree with the club finding, and publicly removing them if they are a member. Opel Aus forums had an incident such as this, the impact on the club's reputation almost had it finished.

The last thing that needs to happen is a news writer getting hold of the story and there being a club Cj sticker on the car

Peanut
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Peanut » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:03 pm

shamrockshirts wrote:Saw an Evo X today on the freeway and he had green P's. Whats the go there???

Well in my case i have exemptions for every single car on the road at anytime haha but you can get them if you had the car before the restrictions came in, so not that.
or if its only car the person has the option of driving.
or do what a few guys are doing and just dive and hope the dont get caught haha
Look Out! in The Shire!!

The Can Crusher, Tuckin' Rubber, Pancake Flat. - CCJ Premium Member #0022

bobcrusader wrote:

Blake, you must be a member of the fun police? Do you know my wife?

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:07 pm

liam92 wrote:As for the street racing I fully agree with the club finding, and publicly removing them if they are a member. Opel Aus forums had an incident such as this, the impact on the club's reputation almost had it finished.

The last thing that needs to happen is a news writer getting hold of the story and there being a club Cj sticker on the car

So Mattigings should ring up and be like " i run ClubCJ a lancer site and want to know what "lancers" they were so i can see if they are a member of ClubCJ" ??

Oh please :roll:

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:19 pm

I hope those guys end up in the power poles some day if they continue with that behaviour. A couple of years ago, a speeding car on that same stretch of road ended up at the back of one of those cargo containers on the side of the road.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:25 pm

I can kinda see both POVs.
However, regardless of court proven guilt or otherwise, it's about perceptions.
We have no idea if these people were even driving CJs,
We have no idea if they were club members,
nor if they were members, were displaying ClubCJ.net livery at the time of the offence.

If the incident took place in full view of other members, such as a meet or a cruise, then they should be de-stickered and banned on the spot. No ifs or buts.
As the incident was not witnessed by any of the club members, nor did it occur at any sanctioned meet, then it is entirely a police matter. To be dealt with by the courts.

If down the the track we find out they were members, then the club leadership can take appropriate action.

Whilst I understand the position ofey is taking (and that is not a wrong one, in my view), I doubt the police will divuldge the info we are after, and even if they did, as has been pointed out before, we have no more specific info to link either of those cars (even if they were CJ series Lancers) to specific member usernames to take appropriate action.
Last edited by The X on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:32 pm

Well both people make valid arguments, but how often would you get 2 lancers racing eachother if they didnt know eachother. They'd probley know eachother from a club. Not saying they are from our club, or any club for that matter, but i suppose its a little more likely that they are apart of something.

If they were members and they did this while displaying ClubCJ stickers, then I say ban. I doubt the police will undertake any investigation around the club if they are members and were displaying stickers, but if they do we have to show that we do not condone these sort of activities and that we take a firm stand against them.

If they are members, did this outside a ClubCJ meet without stickers, we all make stupid decisions on the road. Leave them be and let the police handle the matter.

Simple as that I say...
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: Lancers street racing in Botany

Postby BlueWRX » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:38 pm

Here's the start of the thread....

VRX_Pete wrote:Better not have been anyone from of our flock....... :evil: idiots!

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/pplaters-cars ... 15s0n.html

And the end....

Mattigins wrote:No personally i don't think its really our business, its a bit over the line with the little info we have.. we arnt going to go out and look for reasons to ban members..

If the report said they were lancers from the same car club then maybe i would look more into it as it could be implying the the club is promoting this activity.

End of story.

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:47 pm

thats right stacey it is a police matter guys leave it to the police.

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:59 pm

You can drive a turbo on your P's as long as its a diesel :lol: . Jokes aside, I think CAMS licenses can override some restrictions or not sure. I know there are licenses out there that override the normal ones in terms of restrictions. Other than that, how many Commodores do you see running around with P plates on?? Obviously the restriction rule is one thats not enforced strictly.

How often do you find 2 makes of anything racing each other if they dont know each other? A lot more common than what you think. Try driving to and from any city and you will get someone try it on.

As for banning and what not finding out info; all I say is practice what you preach.

shamrockshirts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby shamrockshirts » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:02 pm

There's no doubt in my mind the correct stance is the one the club has to take and the action it should take if it members are out of line on the road.

The club doesn't need the bad press. BUT don't always believe what you read either.

The press are very quick to claim "street racing" when in reality it is not always the case.

I've personally had a friend who was charged with street racing had his insurance cancelled all because ANOTHER CAR lost control beside him on the freeway (at legal speeds) causing him to roll down the M7 medium strip (totallying his $50,000 car). AND why was it street racing? Both cars had been to the drags eariler that night, both where driving powerful cars.....Even when there where NO witnesses and no proof of speeding. Hardly seems fair.

The modified car scene gets a bad enough rap, seems every modified car thats involved in an accident these days seems to get the blame. Lets try not fall into the same trap and assume everyone is guilty without looking at the facts.

Just my 2 cents.
Cheers
John

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:15 pm

shamrockshirts wrote:The modified car scene gets a bad enough rap, seems every modified car thats involved in an accident these days seems to get the blame. Lets try not fall into the same trap and assume everyone is guilty without looking at the facts.

Just my 2 cents.
Cheers
John

You all have no idea how true this is! When I had my accident where #1 was written off, the crazy ass mf's family turned up had a look at both cars and blamed me straight away. They didnt care that the other prick was speeding and ran a red light (neither did the pricks insurance company either...). The mother in front of the police was yelling and pointing at me saying I was speeding and hooning around the corner all because my car was modified. The ambulance guys just stood there shaking their heads as the family turned up after they had got there.

Return to “New South Wales”