TC- SST noise?? EVO X MR

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

gman90
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

TC- SST noise?? EVO X MR

Postby gman90 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi has any one had an issue with their TC SST box there is a whine very similar to the noise you get when your power steering rack or box gets low on fluid and you turn the steering wheel whine gets louder then quieter when you travel in a straight line, whine sounds just like it. I had my car serviced yesterday and asked them to check it out they came back with any answer ( they said it is normal for this type of transmission??????? when this type of transmission gets I few ks on it they start to make a bit of noise???) it is not a loud noise it is just some thing you get a tuned to listening for just a presents now the car has only done 33thousand ks I would not think that is a lot of ks??? for any type of gear box ???does any one else picked up on this ??? and what is every ones thoughts Cheers gazza

PS and I don’t give the car a hard time eg launches and so no.
Evolution X MR 712 GTP Turbo Upgrade. Pedders Sports Extrema Coil Overs, DBA 5000 Premium 2 piece Brake Rotors Front and Rear Rotors ,OME Black- Out Rear Taillights (Ralliart) Red Floor Illumination. White Line Centre Roll Adjust Kit.
Ecutek Custom Tune. 3in TurboXS. Turbo Back Exhaust.

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:07 pm

havn't had any probs like that with my RA sst box its really quite and smooth its done 25,000 ks where did you get it serviced ?

chris
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby chris » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:59 pm

check the oil level or get it checked

goatio
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby goatio » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:41 pm

mines done 68 k no noise .
maybe check evo forums?
mods 2 date =
k&n h/f filter
darkest legal tint
avanti tallons 18/8"
federals ss 235/40
hell braided brake lines
blaaack calipers
whiteline sport swaybars F/R
bendix ultimate b/p's front
RA calliper stickers
red badges
boost gauge
RA peddles
more on their way...

McCoy
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby McCoy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Whining when exactly? In what application?
Dyno's

An invaluable tuning tool when used correctly
An invaluable sales tool when used incorrectly

gman90
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby gman90 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:34 am

Hi i have it serviced at city Mitsubishi breakfast creek they should have check the oils when it was there 2days ago, you can hear the noise even when sitting in park just by reeving the motor a little not harshly ,sounds every similar to what I said power steering oil a bit low or the rack is on its way out not sure what to do if no one else has had the same issue Cheers Gazza
Evolution X MR 712 GTP Turbo Upgrade. Pedders Sports Extrema Coil Overs, DBA 5000 Premium 2 piece Brake Rotors Front and Rear Rotors ,OME Black- Out Rear Taillights (Ralliart) Red Floor Illumination. White Line Centre Roll Adjust Kit.

megatron
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby megatron » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:56 am

no noise from mine, 45000Km EVO X MR

hasu12
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby hasu12 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:09 pm

if you are worry i go to dealer in ipswitch the technican there actually know what they talking about not some 17 year kid .. i getting a new gear box from them .. i will give u the name

gman90
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby gman90 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Ok Cheers gazza

hasu12
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby hasu12 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:00 am

its blue ribbon motors Ipswich

gman90
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby gman90 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi how did ypu go with your gear box Cheers Gazza

Tweak
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Tweak » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:00 pm

gman90 wrote:Hi how did ypu go with your gear box Cheers Gazza

Lol ur kidding right.
I asked for my Sst transmission filter to be changed and only to be told that there not one..........Apparently Its a filter-less transmission.

LaNcE
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby LaNcE » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:01 pm

i have a whining sound on mine just a bit of a whine, but i recently had it serviced here in melbourne at RTR so im pretty confident its all good. did you get the evo x brand new? if you did theres nothing to worry about as you've got the 10 yr powertrain warranty BUT if you bought it 2nd hand just like me I would suggest take it to someone who know's about them i cant suggest workshops as i dont know any your way. and I would STRONGLY SUGGEST having the Filter and trans oil changed.

Hope all works out well with you.

gman90
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby gman90 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:51 pm

hi I am the second owner but i no the first owner really well so the car has not been abused is the whine in yours similar as to what i described in mine ??? Cheers Gazza

gman90
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby gman90 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Bump

Return to “Evolution X Performance”