***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Evo Swift Springs - anyone running them and where to buy?

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Nuliaj
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Evo Swift Springs - anyone running them and where to buy?

Postby Nuliaj » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:28 pm

Had a look in the forum but couldn't find any posts, so as per topic.

bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bye2u » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:39 pm

i remember PYLEE was selling a set not sure if he still has them but yeh send him a PM :)

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:51 pm

I had a set of swift sport springs before this but decided to sell them as they don't lower the car that much , about 1" all around which is really good for daily drive but i think that i can go lower :)

Probably get them from US vendors as AUD is killing it at the moment.

There are two types of swift springs , one is the softer version which has a progressive spring rate called Swift Sport Mach Springs , that's the one that lowers the car 1" all around. Build quality and ride comfort is spot on but it tends to be a little too soft (This is all based on views from US forums) which i think is valid cause the soft spring rate is lower than stocks.

The other type would be the Swift Spec-R Spring , i has a much stiffer spring rate and has a bigger drop of about 1.25-1.5" all around. It's design for a more track oriented car but many have used it and find it bearable for daily.

If your looking for a set , i'd recommend the Spec-R. If not , have a look at TMR's spring and GTWORX's spring , a US based company that specialize in suspension , it's a fairly new spring but many have used it and loved it
Lancer Evolution 10MR

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:54 pm

Get coilovers dude, sooo much better
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:00 pm

PsyTrix wrote:Get coilovers dude, sooo much better

Care to explain why is it so much better than a good set of springs + stock bilsteins ?
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Nuliaj
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Nuliaj » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:29 pm

I did read a few threads on evolutionm discussing the GTWORX and Swift Spec Rs. My biggest problem right now is I'm still awaiting the arrival of the car and can't really make a comparison on how hard/soft I want the car to ride. My current car is riding on coilovers and tbh I'm ready to move back to springs for a small drop and more comfortable ride. That said I think the Swift sports will be too soft for me - if I remember back to the test drives I had, the stock suspension could do with a bit of stiffening.

Do you have any particular US vendors in mind who ship relatively cheaply and hasslefree for either the Swifts or GTWORX?

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:37 pm

Coilovers doesn't necessarily need to mean teeth chattering hard ride anymore. More and more brands are setting them up to be more suitable for our conditions.

In saying that, if you are just wanting to drop the car a little and are happy to put a set of springs in and utilise the existing Bilstein shocks that will give you a great result. Fair bit cheaper than coilovers too.

I have driven a modded X (Can't remember what coilovers) and my own CJ with the Pedders / BCs and both were very compliant and comfortable.

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:35 am

Try Maperformance , their prices and services are top notch. Heaps of good reviews on them :)
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Nuliaj
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Nuliaj » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:36 am

Got a quote back from Maperformance: $299 for Swift Sports and $210 for shipping. Kinda crazy that the shipping is over 40% of the price, I was expecting it to be a bit cheaper. I'm sure in the past I've gotten springs shipped in from the US for less.

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:31 am

yeap , shipping had all went up i think due to the currency exchange and possibly by the disasters happening around the world.

i guess it's alright in a way that our currency are so much stronger now , it balances out
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Nuliaj
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Nuliaj » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:36 am

Bill @ Mapperformance was kind enough to drop the price of the springs a bit when I asked if I could get cheaper shipping, so now I'm going to balanced it out by getting the left side fog lamp grill *biggrin1*

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:43 am

what left side fog lamp grill is that ? fog deletes ?
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Nuliaj
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Nuliaj » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:53 am

It's on GSR models, if you notice the left side of the car (click for bigger image) it's actually a plastic covering next to the fog lamp.

Whereas on the MRs it's a grill.

Although I've yet to confirm, but I'd guess this would be the same for Australian models too?

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:09 am

hmmm yeah , they should be like that cause the SST oil cooler is behind the left fog so MR has an open one to allow air in.

I'll be looking at doing a fog light delete , gives alot more cooling to the brakes and oil coolers. I think i've never used my fogs light since day one lol
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Nuliaj
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Nuliaj » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:11 am

That makes sense given the US market, and in which case I won't need one since I'll be getting an SST on my GSR.

Return to “Evolution X Performance”