Evo X to be the last?

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Nuliaj
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Evo X to be the last?

Postby Nuliaj » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:52 pm

Saw this over on evoxforums, sad news if true.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/autocarc ... -more.aspx

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:59 pm

Time to start saving for one?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:01 pm

agreed

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:03 pm

Well.. that just raised the value of my car :)
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Wasn't the next evo going to be a hybrid diesel? MAybe its time I start saving for a used GTR instead :P
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

silvervrx
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby silvervrx » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:08 am

hmmm that's sad. might have to save for something else then.

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:06 am

That's so sad
The end of an era!
Guess I'll have to buy a second handy or Ralliart.....
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:08 am

*Cry* *Cry* *Cry* *Cry* *Cry* *Cry* *Cry*

jaykan2k
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jaykan2k » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:31 am

I can understand what the company is trying to achieve by going green, however; unless Mitsubishi's competitors are willing to follow suit by discontinuing their performance ranges, Mitsubishi will only be hurting themselves.

No more Evo, go get an Sti, no Sti, go get a S16 (Not sure if it has been 100% confirmed for this year though). Sales will just shift to who has the options available. To me, this is just a shoutout to the market saying that they are concerned about the environment and they are trying to make a push for that customer. At the end of the day, they are a company trying to make a profit and taking out the performance range that they are known for would be a bad decision.

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:41 am

Maybe just Maybe we might see a turbo lancer (aka Ralliart) continue for a little while longer, as just the NA lancer with a couple of go fast bits.

Nuliaj
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Nuliaj » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:06 am

I don't think getting rid of the Evo will hurt them at all. If the sales of the Evo do not meet the expected targets and they're not planning to compete in the hot sedan market, then all the money thrown into things like AYC and SAWC which they don't provide for other vehicles is wasted. Put all that time and money into improving their other cars which actuall sell in decent numbers and are not niche cars will actually improve the company's profitability. They don't compete in rallying anymore, so why build cars that are marketed as such?

But there's hope for the guys who still want one, apparently they will make the Evo X until 2013:

http://jalopnik.com/#!5774829/mitsubish ... after-2013

Lethal_1
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Location: Sth Side Of Brisbane, Here @ Springwood, Qld, Australia.

Postby Lethal_1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:19 am

jaykan2k wrote:I can understand what the company is trying to achieve by going green, however; unless Mitsubishi's competitors are willing to follow suit by discontinuing their performance ranges, Mitsubishi will only be hurting themselves.

I myself don't care about going green, & I'm sure alot of other people don't either.!
This green crap means nothing to me, it's all about money.! Thinking of better way to rip us off with a guilt trip.!
Couldn't care less if my car was doing more or less CO2 BS than Joe Blog, we don't buy the car coz it's green.? gimmee a break.!
Not having a go at you Jay, no worries ... I just can't stand companies doing all this green rubbish, I see it as all politics & money, pure greed.!!

jaykan2k wrote:No more Evo, go get an Sti, no Sti, go get a S16 (Not sure if it has been 100% confirmed for this year though). Sales will just shift to who has the options available. To me, this is just a shoutout to the market saying that they are concerned about the environment and they are trying to make a push for that customer. At the end of the day, they are a company trying to make a profit and taking out the performance range that they are known for would be a bad decision.

And I'm totally right there with ya there mate.! - No Evo, I'll find another Company that has a performance vehicle instead ...
I nearly bought a WRX before I took too long to decide until I saw the Ralliart & I knew straight away after checking the specs & comparisons etc, that the Ralliart is the one to get.!!
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #0098
NA AUTOSPORTS AND ENGINEERING - 3808 3048

Lethal_1
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Location: Sth Side Of Brisbane, Here @ Springwood, Qld, Australia.

Postby Lethal_1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:31 am

"The current Evo is planned through 2012-2013, but we're not talking about our plans after that."

Well ... that's sounds much better.!

LOL ... " We're not talking about our plans after that ..."

Hearing that has now put a glimmer of hope down the track, there maybe a possiblilty afterall.?

Guess we'll have to wait till after 2013 to see what happens hey.?

ClubCJ Lifetime Member #0098

NA AUTOSPORTS AND ENGINEERING - 3808 3048

Frazza
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Frazza » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:53 am

At least the EVO will hold there money for a while now, might have to upgrade to a new one, haha
MY10 Golf R | 5 Door | Rising Blue Metallic | DSG | MDI | Black 19" Talladega | Motorsport Seats | Bluetooth | Sunroof | RNS510 + DYNAUDIO 300W

talktomrgibson
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby talktomrgibson » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:05 am

i'm pretty new around here but i'm going to call BS on that article from the UK. (and also i DONT want to believe it :P)

we would be expecting an EVO 11 in 2013, and if were going on the many previous years of Mitsubishi history it will be a vehicle based on the same chassis as the current CJ's. This is the case with Evo 4,5,6 | 7,8,9 | and we can expect 10,11,12.

i can't see that they would have done RnD for a new model Lancer (CJ) and throw it all out the door in a push to go all electric by 2015.

it would make no business sense at all.

Return to “Evolution X Performance”