TMR WINS 2010 MANFACTURER CHAMPIONSHIP

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

McCoy
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby McCoy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:45 am

Chubb wrote:
And that why I love this type of racing, the V8's for me have become too much like hard core race cars. I love the fact that in the Bathurst 12hour some of the cars racing still had the factory sound system installed, true race on sunday buy on Monday type racing (with a few mods of course ;)).

Yup, that and Tarmac Rally.

Tarmac Rally is another one of those rare forms of motorsport where the race car isn't to dissimilar to the road car, Hell, our TMR Clubspec Evo X was a full road car with just springs, brake pads a modified muffler and a tuned ECU other than that it was a full road car in every where, same as you'd buy from the showroom floor, it still had the subwoofer in the boot when it won up at Mt Buller sprint.

Honestly, apart from a bolt in roll cage, competition brake pads and TMR springs, the TMR muffler and TMR ECU upgrade and some Dunlop DZ03G's it was factory in every way.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:48 am

Agreed. I like seeing factory cars because at least it's more relevant/realistic- at the end of the day, if I want to see manufacturers with big budgets who can mod the cars into space ships, then I watch F1. Otherwise, what's the point? It's really just a question of who has the biggest bucks and is of very little relevance to a normal person beyond 'wow that's fast' factor.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:01 pm

Hey Jeff (JaCe)

McCoy (Daniel) mentioned:
TMR ECU upgrade

It might be worth asking about for you EVO-X.
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

Return to “Evolution X Performance”