***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

x gsr track car - the beginning!

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JUSTJDM
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby JUSTJDM » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:03 pm

um my point being,

you can get more coin for a road goin gcar okay as you paid higher coin for it new right

example:

$65k new GSR road reg

or $48k TMR car designed for motorsport

remember you get brand new car ready to roll for circuit pus would have left over coin for a few mods,

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:16 pm

your point is right , but that only applies if his out in the market for a brand new car.

Thing is he already has his GSR now so if he were to sell the GSR and buy a TMR designed car , he wouldn't make much out of it at all

a second hand GSR now goes for $45k-$49k , it might be even lower as the MR is going as low as $50k-ish.
Lancer Evolution 10MR

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:47 pm

yeah well everyone know no one is willing to buy a evo x at the moment, and you especially Ryan know what I get offered for my car... All the idiots that offered my 40k....Why would I even bother trying to sell into a market that isn't willing to spend money to buy a X.. As obviously no one wants to pay over 40k for one, so selling it any buying a RS would not be the logical way to go as I would still have to fork out money in the end...

Anyway... I'm sore and not on pain killers, and I'm going to bed... *grumpy face*
:D I'm back baby! :D
Enkei - HKS - Turbosmart - Cosworth- TMW - Defi - DeatschWerks

McCoy
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby McCoy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:06 pm

mr_evo wrote:yeah well everyone know no one is willing to buy a evo x at the moment, and you especially Ryan know what I get offered for my car... All the idiots that offered my 40k....Why would I even bother trying to sell into a market that isn't willing to spend money to buy a X.. As obviously no one wants to pay over 40k for one, so selling it any buying a RS would not be the logical way to go as I would still have to fork out money in the end...

Anyway... I'm sore and not on pain killers, and I'm going to bed... *grumpy face*

I agree with you, an RS would have been a better car to begin with but then hindsight is a beautiful thing but I don't know of anyone possessing it.

McCoy
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby McCoy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:48 pm

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:58 pm

Good write up Mcoy!!

I guess you need to work out how serious you want to get.

Really ripping the interior out of the car is not going to do that much overall if you are just looking at going to a track day once every few months. You would be better concentrating on things like brakes etc before the interior.

McCoy
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby McCoy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:10 pm

LZY_EYE wrote:Good write up Mcoy!!

I guess you need to work out how serious you want to get.

Really ripping the interior out of the car is not going to do that much overall if you are just looking at going to a track day once every few months. You would be better concentrating on things like brakes etc before the interior.

I'm not so sure. Pulling weight out of a car is a good thing. Typically at a race track just one lap with 100kg's less is a big deal, you may have 13 or 14 corners typically to negotiate just in one lap. That's 13 or 14 times you are stopping 100kgs less, it's 13 or 14 times you are hauling your car out of a corner. It all adds up.

One more thing while I remember. My advice was based loosely on club Level sprint stuff at your local track. Timed events where you race the clock, maybe 5-8 laps in a session etc.

My advice would change to a smaller degree dependent on what discipline of motorsport you are getting involved in. I guess if you are up for motorsport just for fun then club stuff at a track doing sprints is fine, but it doesn't win you trophies, so if that's more your thing then you have some decisions ahead of you and you need to talk to motorsport officials, get the vibe of the class, speak to tonnes of people and do lots of leg work.

There are trophy hunters out there that go about building the best 'mouse trap' (and that's what motorsport is about by the way, building the best mouse trap) for a particular style of event or class, then they go about cleaning up and smashing records before them because they have the best 'mouse trap'.

So, maybe find a discipline you want to get involved in. Look at regulations too, as for an example, there is no point modifying your car to hell when you are going to compete in Tarmac Rally in showroom class when half your big dollar modifications have to come back off the car to comply to those regulations. You'd be suprized how many times people get caught out by that!

The point I'm making is, whatever you are going to do, choose your discipline wisely as you will get ALOT more out of it by making the right decisions ahead of time.

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:28 pm

McCoy wrote:It’s completely up to you if you want to take this advice, but given you are starting with a GSR (and for what it’s worth that’s not a bad thing, we’ve had plenty of road cars converted into Tarmac Rally Race cars win National Level events) you will find some road blocks come your way that the RS doesn’t have, but you could still have a quick car that dependant on driver (and the size of drivers testicles) could be very quick and competitive.

I’d suggest some driver training should be at the top of your list before you do anything. To many times I’ve seen blokes spend serious dollars on upgrades but without the seat time thinking their preparation to build a car should be built around what componentry used and not about driving and ‘learning’ the car. .. this thinking is just wrong!

Time in the chair driving the thing, getting tuition is what will make you quick. I’ve seen blokes with a fair whack of training under the belt and minimum spec changes to their car punch in a much heavier weight division than blokes with twice Hp but and little training or seat time. Experience in the chair is what makes you quick and as we all know, you can’t buy experience.

Dan is right on the money here. when i first started racing bikes i thought i was quick out on the road and through the mountains but the track is a whole different scenario. after a couple of riding courses i managed to shave 3 secs a lap off my time without pushing myself as hard as i had previously simply because i had a better idea of what the bike under me was capable of and what it would do in certain situations.
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,
Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:57 am

:) well nothing is going to happen till I'm able to get back up on my feet properly.... Just walking at the moment is tiring..
and yes less weight means the car doesn't have to pull its fat as as hard..
coz we all know the X is a heavy car from factory
:D I'm back baby! :D
Enkei - HKS - Turbosmart - Cosworth- TMW - Defi - DeatschWerks

Return to “Evolution X Performance”