***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Has anyone fitted silicone hoses to their Evo (or Lancer?)

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:37 pm

Yeah i read the instructions.... I emailed them, and their response had nothing to do with what i asked them lol. I gave them my address and everything... All good though, i bought elsewhere. I'll buy off them next time i have some cashola floating around
:D I'm back baby! :D
Enkei - HKS - Turbosmart - Cosworth- TMW - Defi - DeatschWerks

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Haha yeh I agree the emails weren't too helpful. It was only when I talked to them via the online chat thing that I got good results.

Either way, good tiem to use strong AUD :D

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:53 pm

yeah, i think i might have to pay some of the c/c first :P
then i will think of buying off then

Hecky
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hecky » Sat May 01, 2010 9:33 pm

Man, I've been trying for over a week to get a straight answer from Lancershop.com. Wanted to know delivery details to Sydney for a FMIC, piping and the Greddy Informeter, spoke to 'Live Help' and they advised they would speak to their warehouse and get back to me. No answer as yet. Sent an email on Wednesday, still no answer!! GRRR!!! :evil:

How much did you pay for delivery Jace? I've heard that these guys overcharge on delivery... :!:
HKS/AMS/GFB/MRT/K&N/DBA
Whiteline/Ultra-Racing/Rexpeed/Autometer/Yokohama Racing/Cusco
...and some other stuff which the fun police don't approve of... :)

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sat May 01, 2010 9:58 pm

lancershop isn't very good as per some of the members on evom , i would try reputable vendors like driveline , evasive motorsports, vividracing or bulletproof automotive
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Hecky
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hecky » Sat May 01, 2010 10:31 pm

whitemonster wrote:lancershop isn't very good as per some of the members on evom , i would try reputable vendors like driveline , evasive motorsports, vividracing or bulletproof automotive

Yeah, cheers mate. I'm beginning to get that vibe as well. I'll try those other sites, thanks dude... :D
HKS/AMS/GFB/MRT/K&N/DBA

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun May 02, 2010 12:55 am

Hecky wrote:Man, I've been trying for over a week to get a straight answer from Lancershop.com. Wanted to know delivery details to Sydney for a FMIC, piping and the Greddy Informeter, spoke to 'Live Help' and they advised they would speak to their warehouse and get back to me. No answer as yet. Sent an email on Wednesday, still no answer!! GRRR!!! :evil:

How much did you pay for delivery Jace? I've heard that these guys overcharge on delivery... :!:

I found the email banter back and fro to be quite useless since I was unable to get a straight answer as to how much it would cost to ship to my office in the Sydney CBD... but what was helpful was on Friday night, I came home at around 10pm/11pm and went online and used the Live Help function whereby they are online and able to get me price quotes immediately from UPS/USPS/etc...

In terms of pricing for delivery, when I spoke to Heather on the chat system, she quoted me $230usd (!!!!) initially to get it delivered to my office via UPS and I said no point since at that money, I'd be far better off buying elsewhere or importing myself... then she offered $80 to use USPS (US Postal Service) which I agreed to, but then USPS later rejected the package as being too large or heavy according to an email they sent me so Lancershop footed the difference and sent it via UPS anyway to me (expedited int'l shipping).

But anyway based on my experience so far, I've been pretty happy based purely on the fact I had someone to talk to and make my comfortable with the purchase, but let's wait until the goods arrive. We have to remember that whilst evolutionm/evoxforums offer a lot of insights- at the end of the day getting them to ship to Sydney is quite an exercise because shipping prices aren't necessarily going to be standardised (location is different everywhere) and there's also an element of trust/uncertainty.

Just my 2c.

On another note, if this didn't work out, one of the partners at my firm recommended a company called STILLEN as he orders competition parts from there for his targa cars. Again you need to email them to get a shipping price quote for your respective addy. Otherwise, I was also willing to get the AEM CAI off eBay since it was only around $310usd delivered.

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sun May 02, 2010 1:24 am

yeap , shipping really differs greatly from a dealer to another.

I was getting quote for springs , 1 vendor quoted me $100 for delivery and the other small vendor quoted me $250 for delivery so i guess it really depends on how big an account does that vendor has with the shipping companies.

i've talked to bulletproof automotive, they said they can organize shipping directly from Japan if your looking at JDM stuff so i think that way , shipping cost can be reduced (instead of sending from Japan >> US >> AUS) but i'm yet to order anything from them but their huge lol
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Hecky
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hecky » Sun May 02, 2010 7:53 am

I'm getting the same thing. As I've had no response from lancershop.com I've been dealing with each individual manufacturer for my new FMIC. Most of them were quoting me $250-$300 for delivery, but this one place quoted me $500+ for delivery! After some emails I managed to get them down to $310 but yeah, have to be careful with some of these additional charges when getting your gear....
HKS/AMS/GFB/MRT/K&N/DBA

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun May 02, 2010 10:13 am

Happy to provide a referral to my importer if you guys are looking for specific parts from Japan. His brother's shop gets discounts and they are offset by shipping charges so the amount you end up paying is near the RRP. My friends and I have gotten intakes, exhausts, etc... through him before and he's reliable.

That being said, since he's only got Japan covered, I had to look elsewhere for the Injen kit which I wanted so badly from the states!

Hecky
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hecky » Sun May 02, 2010 10:54 am

Mmmm...JDM gear...sweeeet... :D

Thanks Jace, might take you up on that offer during the next round of my planned mods...thanks mate! :)
HKS/AMS/GFB/MRT/K&N/DBA

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun May 02, 2010 10:58 am

whitemonster wrote:yeap , shipping really differs greatly from a dealer to another.

I was getting quote for springs , 1 vendor quoted me $100 for delivery and the other small vendor quoted me $250 for delivery so i guess it really depends on how big an account does that vendor has with the shipping companies.

i've talked to bulletproof automotive, they said they can organize shipping directly from Japan if your looking at JDM stuff so i think that way , shipping cost can be reduced (instead of sending from Japan >> US >> AUS) but i'm yet to order anything from them but their huge lol

TBH I don't think alot of the online sellers actually keep stock. When I ordered my GReddy Informeter Touch from eBay (based in EU), the shipping detail shows it was picked up in Japan and then sent straight to Sydney. URL: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0428312020

FYI;
Date Status Details Office Prefecture
ZIP code
Apr 28
16:55 Posting/Collection
ADACHI Branch
Tokyo metropolis
120-8799
Apr 29
2:37 Arrival at outward office of exchange
TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Branch
Tokyo metropolis
138-8799
Apr 29
14:59 Dispatch from outward office of exchange
TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Branch
Tokyo metropolis
138-8799
Apr 30
12:35 Arrival at inward office of exchange SYDNEY D AUSTRALIA

Apr 30
12:36 Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner SYDNEY D AUSTRALIA

Apr 30
17:37 Departure from inward office of exchange SYDNEY D AUSTRALIA

Apr 30
20:32 Processing at delivery Post Office Scheduled delivery date: AUMPNS AUSTRALIA

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sun May 02, 2010 11:14 am

yeah , some ebays vendor don't cause their based online. The vendors i said above are actual shop owners in US that takes stock in and sell so i think half the time they would have the stock in their warehouse.

nice that you have a mate in Japan to get JDM stuff , wonder are they alot cheaper compared to the US. Will be in touch when i'm gonna shop for some JDM stuff Jace :D
Lancer Evolution 10MR

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Tue May 04, 2010 8:51 pm

No worries happy to be of help when possible.

On another note, both the Injen intake (lancershop.com) and GReddy Informeter (xenonlv from eBay; although box says it's from Teiwa Corporation www.teiwa.co.jp) have arrived! :D I think I've been pretty lucky with eBay sellers and buying (new) car parts online since they tend to include online tracking facilities.

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Wed May 05, 2010 9:04 am

nice, i was thinking about getting the informeter touch 6 months ago, would be so much better if it had a boost function in it

Return to “Evolution X Performance”