***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Possible SST clutch slips?

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Bernz
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Bernz » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:38 pm

SEB15 wrote:[quote:ae931a20cd=Bernz] Yes I did get back fire AFTER installing the CBE, in fact I still get a lot when I let go and reapply gas. I just feel like it has something to do with the CBE, as the car was running fine prior to the CBE being put in, and that night after I put on the CBE, it started happening from the test drive.[/quote:ae931a20cd] In that case you might have dramas with the O2, wired thing is not trowing CEL on the dash tho... Have you run a diagnostic yet? ODB2 and a mobile ph will be just fine. i use Torque app, works well

Thanks Seb, I havent had a chance to run a diagnostic yet, I might have to wait till i head back from overseas in March. Flight departing in 8 hours time!!
I just realised that not only does it do the rev hunting whilst on constant throttle, it also does it when the revs is relatively high to be noticeable (2.5K to 3k), even if I let off throttle, it cruises at 3k ish it will go up and down 200rpm making the ride slightly jerky, only more noticeable at higher rpms tho

Bernz
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Bernz » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:40 pm

El-Diablo wrote:I have the same issue and it has gotten progressively worse will be taking it to Mitsubishi in a few weeks. My car is also 2010 model can you send me a copy of the invoice with the part numbers thanks as I believe that Mitsubishi have upgraded the clutch packs some time during 2014 which means its a known issue that should be covered by warranty. If anyone wants replacement clutches you can get OEM Evo x online for about 750 dollars and the labour and fluids to install ive been quoted is around $1500

Hi Rob,

thats no good to hear! Re the warranty though, I am not the original owner so I dont think the 10 years warranty will cover me. $750 and $1500 sounds awesome... I've been quoted with SSP clutch packs $1500+ and labour $2k so all up $3.5K or there abouts.

Bernz
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Bernz » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:41 pm

actually rob, I'd send you a PM after I get back from O/S in March to catch up with you and see if we've got something worked out.

Digital
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Digital » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:40 am

El-Diablo wrote:I have the same issue and it has gotten progressively worse will be taking it to Mitsubishi in a few weeks. My car is also 2010 model can you send me a copy of the invoice with the part numbers thanks as I believe that Mitsubishi have upgraded the clutch packs some time during 2014 which means its a known issue that should be covered by warranty. If anyone wants replacement clutches you can get OEM Evo x online for about 750 dollars and the labour and fluids to install ive been quoted is around $1500

Hi Rob,

I haven't had a chance to scan a copy of this but here's the details:

"Replaced and reprogrammed clutch and mechatronics unit. Cause: Inappropriate wear in clutch assembly"

Parts:

- Clutch Assy - M/T Part No. M2300A045 (Qty. 1) Unit Price: $1884
- Body Assy - M/T Case Valve Part No. M2800A135 (Qty. 1) Unit Price: $2400
- Split Pin Part No. MSP1 (Qty. 2) Unit Price: $76

Return to “Evolution X Performance”