Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:10 am

Kav91 wrote:...Hey gramps!...

You get no respect 'round here, do you Steve :-P
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:14 am

Kav91 wrote:Also an E85 monitor as you call it, is actually called an Ethanol Content Analyzer and is not $100-150 , you need the sensor as well as the display which can be $450+- upwards

actually they are "Reverse Petrol Content Analysers"
put 100% water through one and watch what happens. It shows E100 :)
They detect the amount of petrol in the mix, and assume the rest is ethanol. And then show you that remaining percentage.
Todays Fun Fact for all you guys playing at home!!
Modding or Tuning questions for your Lancer, RA or EVO? drop me a line!
http://BeebleTune.com

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:51 pm

Kav91 wrote:[s

please just go to a corner, face the corner, stand straight, put your head down, and cry

pneill
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby pneill » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:12 pm

Lol is that the naughty corner around here?
MY15 Ralliart Lancer - Titanium

jordan.fuchs
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jordan.fuchs » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:04 pm

scott_drake wrote:[quote:e7e1abd1a0=Kav91][s[/quote:e7e1abd1a0] please just go to a corner, face the corner, stand straight, put your head down, and cry

And try get there without locking up your dif and hitting a tree...

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:26 pm

jordan.fuchs wrote:[quote:b28da2b2f2=scott_drake][quote:e7e1abd1a0=Kav91][s[/quote:e7e1abd1a0] please just go to a corner, face the corner, stand straight, put your head down, and cry[/quote:b28da2b2f2] And try get there without locking up your dif and hitting a tree... ]

bahaha you still think i hit a tree.... *frusty*

please jordan go join the corner, face the corner, stand straight, put your down and cry....

because all you are doing is trying to provoke me when you dont even know what I hit and how the diff locked out on me....so *dance*

go join your insurance hacks and have a winge

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:54 am

scott_drake wrote: > bahaha you still think i hit a tree....
> you dont even know what I hit

You still hit something, regardless. Check yourself, before you wreck yourself.

And why are you such a buzzkill on threads where people ask questions? No wonder people aren't happy with you and point all these things out.

Money can grow on trees for you, but brain cells are definitely non-existent in that head of yours.

Sorry for being off-topic. Anyway...

To the OP, Beeble is your man for these things, so for Evo X fun times and tunes you should PM him and get as much information as you can as possible. :)
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:06 am

I think you should all stop now before I go ahead and lock this thread.

KEEP IT ON TOPIC!

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:37 am

E85 is awesome. I have just done a tour using tephramod dual maps and as long as you can judge your fuel consumption accurately everything runs sweet. Going back to the 98RON tune is better for long distance but you do really miss the throttle response and torque with E85.

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:31 am

ELI5 please.

Like, I know E85 gives you better response and power when using it, but how come it has the ability to do that compared to 98RON or unleaded in general?
Does it have something to do with better combustion?

jordan.fuchs
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jordan.fuchs » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:47 am

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:12 am

lol Jordan

Like, I know E85 gives you better response and power when using it, but how come it has the ability to do that compared to 98RON or unleaded in general?
Does it have something to do with better combustion?

Basically E85 has a higher knock/detonation resistance so therefore you can advance the ignition timing more than 98RON petrol, that's where most of the response and power is. Also because it doesn't create as much heat it helps with turbo charged cars with keeping the air charge and engine running cooler.

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:38 pm

Jordanpls. :(

rokpapaziz wrote:Basically E85 has a higher knock/detonation resistance so therefore you can advance the ignition timing more than 98RON petrol, thats where most of the response and power is. Also because it doesnt create as much heat it helps with turbo charged cars with keeping the air charge and engine running cooler.

Oh I see! That makes plenty sense, especially for turbocharged cars.

XI
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby XI » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:17 am

Hey guys,

I appreciate all of your input and opinions in regards to this topic. I will have to agree with the Justin on this one and would be great if you guys could keep this thread from being locked.

I am not necessarily here to debate whether RON98 is better than E85 or vice versa as I understand the benefits and pitfalls of both of the fuel types.

I am all up for your opinions and experiences with E85 on any car regardless of whether it is an Evo or even a Daihatsu. I do live in Melbourne where every 5km is pretty much an United station with E85 so availability is not an issue in that sense.

What I am more looking for is on the grounds of reliability of running E85 for a long term as a daily driver and still have some impressive power gains for an occasional track day. I will be tuning the car along with upgrading the entire exhaust system with necessary engine upgrades as well.

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:45 am

I have been using E85 for over a year now on my Ralliart. I honestly prefer to use E85 over petrol. The biggest drawback is range and availability. But if you live in Melbourne those issues aren't really a problem. You will probably still want to buy a couple of jerry cans and that takes up boot space.

As for reliability, everything is the same as running petroleum. Although my fuel level sender did malfunction after a while. I have heard that happen to another car on E85 so that could be a problem. I replaced it and it has been working fine for the last 6 months.

You will need injectors, upgraded fuel pump and a dual map tune for an Evo X. Ask Beeble he should have the parts and he tuned my car.

Return to “Evolution X Performance”