Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:35 pm

JaCe wrote:
Superintendent Chalmers wrote:
JaCe wrote: How much was your RA? I heard if you haggle well you can get an Evo X GSR (manual) driveaway for under 57k with a lot of accessories thrown in since there's quite a bit of stock.

I bought my RA back in december just after it came out. The dealer couldn't do much of a mark down on it so ended up paying $44500 on the road with the RF package, tinting etc. I could have gotten a demo model GSR with 950kms on it for $57000 on the road but only in a silver colour. (Really crappy colour for an Evo) So I passed on it. You can now get some demo models with 1000kms for $52-53k, and some RA's for $38k. Alot of bargains to be had.

Ahh I see. Funnily enough silver was the one colour I did NOT want for the Evo... right until I was about to buy and then I thought silver isn't so bad (because I had been seeing the US-spec dark silver/grey which looks really good). I think in silver, the car looks very very ordinary but it's not too bad. At least scratches won't be easily visible.

The Gunmetal grey is a sweet colour for the evo (same colour as the new Nissan GTR) but the silver doesn't do the car justice. Sweet ride once again mate. I maybe down that way near the end of the year if we have a massive CJ cruise, and would like to go to MRT to see what sort of power upgrades that can be made to my RA to get close to your X. But please keep your car stock.....Otherwise I have no chance against you :lol:

DavidAnthony
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby DavidAnthony » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:42 pm

JaCe wrote:I'd consider when the time comes and it would depend on how confident I was with the person doing the labour. Don't get your hopes up yet though because we'll wait and see. Out of interest, what is the difference between using my 18's and any other 18's?

The offset is the difference. Asking because I would love to put those wheels on my car and you can get them quite cheap second hand from people replacing them. There has been a lot of mixed debate to whether they will fit or not and I don’t want to buy them only to find they don’t fit.

Where are these $38k RA's man I don’t think you can get a sedan for that. The only one I have seen going for 38 was one with hail damage. I feel ripped off if that’s true, but then again I would have paid $50g for it if I had to lol I really love that car.
RALLI//////ART

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:43 pm

JaCe wrote:
JaCe wrote: How much was your RA? I heard if you haggle well you can get an Evo X GSR (manual) driveaway for under 57k with a lot of accessories thrown in since there's quite a bit of stock.

I bought my RA back in december just after it came out. The dealer couldn't do much of a mark down on it so ended up paying $44500 on the road with the RF package, tinting etc. I could have gotten a demo model GSR with 950kms on it for $57000 on the road but only in a silver colour. (Really crappy colour for an Evo) So I passed on it. You can now get some demo models with 1000kms for $52-53k, and some RA's for $38k. Alot of bargains to be had.

Ahh I see. Funnily enough silver was the one colour I did NOT want for the Evo... right until I was about to buy and then I thought silver isn't so bad (because I had been seeing the US-spec dark silver/grey which looks really good). I think in silver, the car looks very very ordinary but it's not too bad. At least scratches won't be easily visible.

The Gunmetal grey is a sweet colour for the evo (same colour as the new Nissan GTR) but the silver doesn't do the car justice. Sweet ride once again mate. I maybe down that way near the end of the year if we have a massive CJ cruise, and would like to go to MRT to see what sort of power upgrades that can be made to my RA to get close to your X. But please keep your car stock.....Otherwise I have no chance against you :lol:

LOL. Not sure if you ever been to EvolutionOz (sorry for advertising the other forum I post regularly at) but there's quite a bit of discussion on the MRT modding the RA "son of Evo".

DavidAnthony
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby DavidAnthony » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:47 pm

lol I found out about ClubCJ through EvolutionOz
RALLI//////ART

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Might have to join and check it out. Thanks Jace for answering all my questions. Might sit back and let other people ask some!

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:32 pm

Does it rip sik skidz? :P

Nah in all seriousness, I'm too jealous to think of any questions at the moment!

bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bye2u » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:37 pm

DavidAnthony wrote:
JaCe wrote:I'd consider when the time comes and it would depend on how confident I was with the person doing the labour. Don't get your hopes up yet though because we'll wait and see. Out of interest, what is the difference between using my 18's and any other 18's?

The offset is the difference. Asking because I would love to put those wheels on my car and you can get them quite cheap second hand from people replacing them. There has been a lot of mixed debate to whether they will fit or not and I don’t want to buy them only to find they don’t fit.

Where are these $38k RA's man I don’t think you can get a sedan for that. The only one I have seen going for 38 was one with hail damage. I feel ripped off if that’s true, but then again I would have paid $50g for it if I had to lol I really love that car.

i think 38k is about right.. i paid 40k for mine and my friend is picking his up on friday which he got for 38.5k demo though with few options here n there..
Last edited by bye2u on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:39 pm

:shock: Some people have paid $38k for their VRXs!! (Aspires too)

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:52 pm

DavidAnthony wrote:Where are these $38k RA's man I don’t think you can get a sedan for that. The only one I have seen going for 38 was one with hail damage. I feel ripped off if that’s true, but then again I would have paid $50g for it if I had to lol I really love that car.

Example no 1 : http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/de ... __Qpb=true

A few others have gone from carsales in the past few weeks. There was one from Brisbane - Black sedan, around 3000kms demo model that was $35950 plus rego only!!!! Rang them up to make sure. It was from the same dealer that I bought mine from and I was picked up from the Brisbane airport by the dealership manager in it.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:03 pm

Hey I actually have a legitimate question(s) now

1. How do you find the headlights? Good enough?
2. Do you find the AFS (cornering lights) a waste of time?
3. How do the washers for the headlight work? ie With the windscreen washers, seperate button or every 5th or so squirt of the windscreen washers?

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:06 pm

DavidAnthony wrote:

We'll wait and see but I'd probably be reluctant to take them all off unless I had time/patience and knew & trusted you for a long time (for obvious risk reasons lol).

DavidAnthony
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby DavidAnthony » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:07 pm

Damn that sucks for us, I should have done some research before I asked lol the ignorance was bliss.

At least we didn't get as burnt as the 08 wrx guys, which was nearly me.

Edit: I had a look and if you want a new one it looks like you will still have to pay around $40k and up mark. All the RA's under that price are used.
Last edited by DavidAnthony on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RALLI//////ART

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:10 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:Hey I actually have a legitimate question(s) now

1. How do you find the headlights? Good enough?
2. Do you find the AFS (cornering lights) a waste of time?
3. How do the washers for the headlight work? ie With the windscreen washers, seperate button or every 5th or so squirt of the windscreen washers?

1. Headlights are super good compared to my Civic (both before and after I installed HID's) as these have the proper reflectors and focus the light properly. This is my first car with automatic headlights and I really like them- they work in carparks too.

2. I thought the AFS would be a gimmick but it's helpful at night especially in areas which you're not familiar with. For example, turning into a driveway becomes alot easier when you can see the curb/where the sloped angled part is. In terms of using it whilst driving, I think it's usefulness is more for suburban commuting as opposed to any kind of racing/motorsport intention.

3. To be honest I haven't experimented much with this feature beyond pressing the button on the stalk for manual spray. This "party trick" seems to be the most popular one. It's a bit of a pain though since it sprays soap water onto your headlights and it doesn't exactly disappear/wash away on it's own if you are parked in a carpark showing people what is hidden underneath the washer-covers. With regards to the automatic with the wipers, I remember reading in the manual somewhere they are linked to the manual windscreen washer jet spray feature.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:11 pm

DavidAnthony wrote:Damn that sucks for us, I should have done some research before I asked lol the ignorance was bliss.

At least we didn't get as burnt as the 08 wrx guys, which was nearly me.

Subie really blew it on that one IMO. Can't believe the people they hurt the most was the ones who loved them the most.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:15 pm

Thanks for the answers JaCe!

Return to “Evolution X Performance”